iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Hello from Southeast Michigan (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/hello-from-southeast-michigan-278644.html)

busterbrown1 02-07-2016 05:14 AM

Hello from Southeast Michigan

My wife and I have been discussing for several years about buying our first travel trailer for the family (3 boys). We almost pulled the trigger last summer but our youngest was only 5 months old and we decided to wait until he was out of his infancy stage.

The boys are 5, 2, and 11 months now. Talk has simmered down between my wife and I about RV's as it's the middle of winter in Michigan. But our wedding anniversary is coming up in mid March and I got to thinking, "what better time to unveil a new camper"! So, I looked at several models today and put a down payment on one. The exact unit is still on order and will be delivered in 5 weeks. It's a 2016 Keystone Bullet 308BHS in saddle (dark chocolate color).

I planning on surprising her on the weekend of our anniversary. Just need to find a big red bow for the trailer! Bring on the camping memories!

I'm sure I'll be pretty active on here absorbing as much advice as possible. Here's to many safe and trouble free days of RVing. :thumb:

jheacox1 02-07-2016 06:01 AM

Hello. I'm also from Southeast Michigan in the Downriver area. After a 15 year hiatus from camping we bought our first 5th wheel last spring. We absolutely love being back in the RVing community. I'm sure you will too. Happy Trails!

Bear1951 02-07-2016 07:56 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum from South Central Kentucky. they're never too young to camp. DD made her first trip at 3 or 4 month's old in '77 and is an avid camper today.

BEAR

TonyDi 02-07-2016 09:12 AM

:welcome:

hal1phx 02-07-2016 02:38 PM

https://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...t_welcome2.gif
Congrats ... enjoy the adventure

denlock 02-07-2016 02:57 PM

:welcome:

MSHappyCampers 02-07-2016 03:03 PM

Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

beamisl 02-07-2016 05:28 PM

Hi Bister and Family,

Welcome to the forum! Nice anniversary gift, for her and the kids. You are going to love this, it is so much fun.

Couple suggestions if you don't mind. Water line filter and pressure regulator. Why you ask? Because CGs (camp grounds) are notorious for high water pressure that can damage your plumbing and sometimes the water is a bit dirty. Don't want that in your tank.

Shop at Walmart for these things and save some money for other funs toys for the kids. They have foldable high chairs for the baby, play pens for outside, and other items to look at on line and at CW (camping world).

Have fun.

historyljc 02-08-2016 02:52 AM

You Devil! What a surprise. Welcome aboard.

busterbrown1 02-08-2016 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamisl (Post 2931768)
Couple suggestions if you don't mind. Water line filter and pressure regulator. Why you ask? Because CGs (camp grounds) are notorious for high water pressure that can damage your plumbing and sometimes the water is a bit dirty. Don't want that in your tank.

I was just online yesterday looking at water line filters and pressure regulators. I've watched a ton of "how to....with your RV" youtube videos this week. Watched most of "RVGeeks" applicable video snippets so I'm learning a lot.

I'm glad I joined this forum...active members and good content are irreplaceable. I hope to contribute along the way.

busterbrown1 02-08-2016 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by historyljc (Post 2932179)
You Devil! What a surprise. Welcome aboard.

The biggest hurdle is deciding how to present it to her. Already setup and positioned in a campground or just roll up to the house with the big red bow? Decisions, decision....

Bruce C 02-08-2016 05:31 AM

:welcome: Great way for you both to have many great memories. :thumb:

Pepper2 02-08-2016 06:50 AM

Greetings from Novi!

wa8yxm 02-08-2016 09:27 AM

In another place I'm known as John from Detroit, though I'm more likely to be in Davison or St. Clair now days.. Welcome to the forum.