iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Hello from Snowy Western NY (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/hello-from-snowy-western-ny-279725.html)

ckrkrovers 02-17-2016 10:55 AM

Hello from Snowy Western NY

Hi, love your forum been reading a while and have taken the plunge to join! I RV'd with a set of twins when I first came here from England in 1990. So much has changed, the twins are now young men and I'm wanting back on the road again.
I am hoping this is my last winter in NY, we have snow to the knees and I just cannot wait to set out.
No RV yet, my dream is a Newmar 3856, love that floorplan for me, hubby and the two Boxers and will have to wait and see if it happens. if not we will buy something smaller and work up to my dream machine.
Looking forward to learning tons of stuff from you all,

Carol K

MSHappyCampers 02-17-2016 11:02 AM

Hi Carol! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! :dance:

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

Kahoona 02-17-2016 11:03 AM

Welcome! Good to have you here. When you get that RV just keep in mind that if you set out early in the morning you could camp at South Of The Border that night and be wearing shorts the next day!

ckrkrovers 02-17-2016 11:38 AM

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I can't wait to change my wardrobe from cold weather farm gear to shorts and T shirts lol!

Carol K

beamisl 02-17-2016 03:42 PM

Carol,

Hi and Welcome to the forum from Michigan. Sure know what you mean about wanting out of the snow and cold.

We bought our first ever MH in May 2015. This is all new to us too and this forum has helped tremendously! We love our MH and are sure we won't be upgrading unless something happens to make it not road worthy.

Check out PPL Motorhomes out of Texas. It's a nice site to see floorplans and narrow down your search. We ultimately bought ours from there. Keep reading the old threads about any subject that you are interested in while you wait to buy it is a great way to learn. Also YouTube (how to empty your RV tank, leveling your MH) you get the idea.

You are going to love this way of life. My Mom was from England! She came over on the Queen Mary. Good luck with your search and ask questions any time you have one.

Lynne

Bruce C 02-17-2016 03:54 PM

:welcome: Good luck on that dream machine.

ckrkrovers 02-17-2016 05:24 PM

Thanks Lynne,
the old threads are such a wealth of information and I'm so thankful for those of you that post to help all us newbies out. Thanks for the welcome.
Thanks Bruce C!

Carol K

TonyDi 02-17-2016 09:29 PM

Hi Carol

:welcome:

Glad you joined us.

Happy Trails!!

Kahoona 02-18-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckrkrovers (Post 2944068)
Thank you both for the warm welcome. I can't wait to change my wardrobe from cold weather farm gear to shorts and T shirts lol!

Carol K

Actually I should have told you this. I used to put on shorts and t-shirt before leaving home in eastern PA. With a full tank of gas and the heater blasting I could make it to a tolerably warm place before I had to get out.:D

Bear1951 02-18-2016 11:14 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum from South Central Kentucky.

BEAR

wnytaxman 02-18-2016 11:23 AM

Hi Carol and welcome to the Forum from another WNY resident. We are in Orchard Park. If the snow bothers you I hope you weren't here in WNY last winter when we got 7 feet of snow in one week. Luckily this winter has been mild and fairly easy to manage.

Good luck with your search and if there is any help another Western New Yorker can provide please let us know.

JohnBoyToo 02-18-2016 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
come to TexUS where you can water ski in winter :eek:
the sign below always gives me a chuckle

nothermark 02-18-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo (Post 2945294)
come to TexUS where you can water ski in winter :eek:
the sign below always gives me a chuckle

The sign gives me a chuckle but I have seen folks do it. Mostly it depends where family has a job. ;-)

denlock 02-20-2016 05:10 AM

:welcome: