iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Fresh meat here (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/fresh-meat-here-299582.html)

Drphillips 07-13-2016 07:55 PM

Fresh meat here

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2004 fleetwood bounder 35E on a workhorse chassis. This is my first rv . I have rented them before but now I took the plunge. Thought I should join this site because you guys seam knowledgeable

HD Ultra 07-13-2016 09:41 PM

Welcome and Congratulations on your purchase. You will find lots of help and plenty of great folks here.

rvtrekers 07-13-2016 10:45 PM

:welcome:

Congratulations!

Mike and Cha 07-13-2016 10:53 PM

Congrats, have many safe and happy travels.

Arch Hoagland 07-13-2016 11:11 PM

I have the same year W22. Bought it new and have 80,000 miles on it now.

I don't know the maintenance history of your coach so I suggest the following based on my bad experiences concerning these items.

I suggest new plugs and wires. OEM parts

Clean the MAF and put a new air filter in. Do NOT use a K&N air filter!

Replace the tires.

Add 5 cans of Seafoam to your gas tank and go on a trip, running the generator at least an hour so the Seafoam can clean it out.

Cliffy 07-14-2016 12:09 AM

Congrats Enjoy it

First order as mentioned above- check your tire ages and anything over 5-6 yrs needs to be changed for new. Do some research here and find out why.

MSHappyCampers 07-14-2016 08:57 AM

Hi! :wavey: Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

Drphillips 07-14-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland (Post 3159933)
I have the same year W22. Bought it new and have 80,000 miles on it now.

I don't know the maintenance history of your coach so I suggest the following based on my bad experiences concerning these items.

I suggest new plugs and wires. OEM parts

Clean the MAF and put a new air filter in. Do NOT use a K&N air filter!

Replace the tires.

Add 5 cans of Seafoam to your gas tank and go on a trip, running the generator at least an hour so the Seafoam can clean it out.

Thanks for the tips arch . My trouble now is that the living room slide won't work . The coach was hit in the front. I changed the black box in the front it was $500 and it has an extra post that the factory one doesn't that says" slide out " . Should I connect the hot wire from the power gear controller to this new post? Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Arch Hoagland 07-14-2016 07:32 PM

I can't advise on the slideout problem. Only slideout problem I had was the bedroom slide broke a tooth off the drive gear.

Perhaps the people that sold you the "Black Box" would know.

Drphillips 07-15-2016 10:03 AM

Is fuel injection cleaner a good idea or just sea foam ? By the way never use fram filters I did an oil change and had zero oil pressure. Took the fram off and put a Napa gold 1060 like we use on are 605" race car motor and then we had 45 psi at idle !

Arch Hoagland 07-15-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drphillips (Post 3162075)
Is fuel injection cleaner a good idea or just sea foam ? By the way never use fram filters I did an oil change and had zero oil pressure. Took the fram off and put a Napa gold 1060 like we use on are 605" race car motor and then we had 45 psi at idle !

I've used both and settled on Seafoam.

Many years ago I had two Fram oil filters split apart on a Toyota Corolla when I changed the oil. Went to Toyota and got a filter and all was fine thereafter.

At that time there was a problem with counterfeit oil filters from China.

From that day forth I buy all my oil filters at the dealership. I figure they have to warranty the engine so their stuff will be good.

TonyDi 07-17-2016 07:59 PM

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!

Drphillips 07-26-2016 10:27 AM

Does anyone know if my coach has an inverter or how does it charge the house batteries?

HD Ultra 07-26-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drphillips (Post 3179668)
Does anyone know if my coach has an inverter or how does it charge the house batteries?

This link is to a 2004 Bounder Owners Manual, not sure if it is specifically to your coach or not.

https://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...DER_DIESEL.pdf

Hope it helps.