iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Anyone have the Roll Away Dinette Table option? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/anyone-have-the-roll-away-dinette-table-option-311054.html)

99phantoms 10-03-2016 05:42 PM

Anyone have the Roll Away Dinette Table option?

Do you have the current version of this table?

How do you like?

How does it work - like a roll-top desk?

How deep is it - retracted & extended?

Do you lose the cabinet below?

Could you send me some pics?

Thanks.

BGDDYRV 10-03-2016 08:02 PM

dinette

3 Attachment(s)
We ordered it in our ds 4369 after trying one out at our dealer. It had the highest clearance for my thighs (6'3" 300 lbs) and was adjustable to any length, no leaf to get, better clearance in front of galley when slides in, more floor space if you need to put down an air mattress for extra sleeping space...

Attachment 140640

Attachment 140641

Attachment 140642

You can see the shelf adjustments so I assume there is a shallow storage space. The surface is slats kind of like a roll top desk that i was worriied about but when out I really didn't even notice them. Our pickup is 10/10
Hope this helps some

99phantoms 10-03-2016 09:19 PM

Bill, thanks. That is a huge help. Look for a PM.

Algoma 10-04-2016 07:55 AM

We have the same and it doesn't appear to have changed. It is 24" deep when closed and 68" fully open. The center cabinet under the table is pretty useless as it has one shelf 3.5" deep and you can't open the doors if the table is closed. The left cabinet is deep enough for my wife to stow her sewing machine and accessories. The bottom drawer on the right holds standard hanging files and the 2 upper drawers in ours are full of the usual pens, pencils, scissors etc.
BTW. We special ordered 4 folding chairs instead of the 2 standard + 2 folding chairs.

99phantoms 10-04-2016 08:54 AM

The 24" and 68” dimensions are from the wall?

The 4 folding chairs - was that to allow more room when the slides were in?

Algoma 10-04-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99phantoms (Post 3281110)
The 24" and 68 dimensions are from the wall?

The 4 folding chairs - was that to allow more room when the slides were in?

Yes, the dimensions are from the wall. My wife is in a wheelchair and uses the table mainly for quilting, so we only need the chairs if we have guests for dinner. The standard chairs should fit on the floor when the slide is in, 22" deep to the raised edge. Don't know if the new floor on the Dutch Star is the same but probably. Also you may have to secure those chairs while traveling, particularly if they are sitting on tile.

Capt. Bill 10-04-2016 07:45 PM

:dance: We have it in our coach. I had them build in a laptop slide out shelf on the left side (as facing the dinette) with a drop down false drawer front with double doors below it & shelves for our printer & office supplies storage area. Works great!

Boomer 10-10-2016 08:30 AM

Ordered our coach with this option site unseen. So thankful we took the leap, when it is just DW and I we have nice 2 people table when we want and dancing room when we don't. I use the left side shelves to hold a laser printer, crock pot, soap lamp? and some board games. The two shallow shelves behind the actual table are used to hold plastic cups, dishes and extra plastic silverware. We not only use the MH for traveling (in the middle of month long trip) but also for tailgating at Penn State games. When we tailgate we pull the table all the way out, have room for 4 and food. DW loves the counter space for plants and fancy lights.
Best option we never saw.

99phantoms 10-10-2016 01:45 PM

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your feedback.

I am working on a DS 3724 order. It's not your typical (read that 'popular') floor plan, but for me it's nearly ideal. ("One man's trash...")

My only issue with this floor plan is the dinette table. When both front slides are in, the dinette table really obstructs an otherwise spacious pathway. Newmar offers no dinette options on this floor plan, but I'm hoping I can 'special' the Roll Away table. Seems like it would work well. Will let you know the verdict.