iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Do you do most of your cooking inside or outside the coach? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/do-you-do-most-of-your-cooking-inside-or-outside-the-coach-313047.html)

WyoFree 10-17-2016 06:37 PM

Do you do most of your cooking inside or outside the coach?

Hi guys,

Not long ago I posted a thread about True Induction Cooking asking do you have it and do you like it?

From the responses I received some comments were unexpected, saying they purchased a True Induction cooktop and use it outdoors. They said they do most cooking outside, not in the coach!

I'm curious how many do the same thing? How many cook outside as often as possible? Maybe even cook outside to put in the freezer to eat later?

MCJones 10-17-2016 06:45 PM

We cook inside most of the time but things like bacon or other things that throw fumes in the air we try to do outside. If it is nice out, why not pick up the induction plate and cook outside is what we think. jmo mark

vsheetz 10-17-2016 06:55 PM

Inside. Where the microwave is located. (-:

h20ski 10-17-2016 06:58 PM

Most outside except for microwave.

stepside454 10-17-2016 06:59 PM

Unless I'm grilling , usually inside. Air conditions, no bugs , all my utincils & ingredients are right there etc . I just find it easier .

quadder 10-17-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20ski (Post 3298853)
Most outside except for microwave.

We yanked our outside TV as soon as we got the bus home from the dealer. I installed a sound bar, and shelves to hold all of the cooking stuff that we usually use. Then I ran a quick connect to the passenger side for propane, to connect to the BBQ and portable fire pit.
So yes, we do almost all of our cooking outside.
Rob

WyoFree 10-17-2016 07:35 PM

I was a little surprised when some said they do most their cooking outside. But the more I thought about it, it does make sense to keep mess out if the coach if you can. As close as the couches etc are to the kitchen. Keeping smells, like bacon as mentioned earlier would be a good thing.

I've often thought making food that freezes well would make a lot of sense. Make the food outside and warm it up inside sounds good to me. The key for me would be the ability to cook it outside and clean up outside without a lot of hassle! Hauling everything in and out of the coach would get old in a hurry. Maybe if you could keep it in the basement?

lenkerb 10-17-2016 07:37 PM

inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....

rskrbina 10-17-2016 07:42 PM

Weather permitting, mostly outside.

KarenS144 10-17-2016 07:45 PM

Outside. Grill, charcoal, dutch oven, camp stove and even the electric griddle.

I do use the microwave inside but mostly for defrosting or heating left overs. I have used the electric burners a few times.

Jacobnino 10-17-2016 07:47 PM

Outside most of the time

kgchampagne 10-17-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenkerb (Post 3298904)
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....

I consider myself an accomplished cook, and i thought I owned every kitchen tool i would ever need, but a pressurized oven? I will be googling that one right now.

WDW 10-17-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgchampagne (Post 3298922)
I consider myself an accomplished cook, and i thought I owned every kitchen tool i would ever need, but a pressurized oven? I will be googling that one right now.

Look for a Smart Pot. The difference between it and copy cats is that it's all stainless steel.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York

sask66 10-17-2016 08:04 PM

When the g kids are along we do the pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc. outside on our frying pan setup. When it's just g ma and I we go pretty light with toast inside. I almost always make coffee outside as I'm up earlier than DW. In the evening we usually BBQ something on the grill. If cooking inside we use the convection/microwave.