iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Do you do most of your cooking inside or outside the coach? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/do-you-do-most-of-your-cooking-inside-or-outside-the-coach-313047.html)

quadder 10-17-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenkerb (Post 3298904)
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....

We have one of those as well. They are great machines. We use ours outside though.
Rob

Mudfrog 10-17-2016 08:23 PM

Breakfast is usually inside. The other meals, at least the main courses, are prepared more outside. But even when using the grill, there are always side dishes that are heated in the microwave or cooked on top of the stove inside.

Ludmilla 10-17-2016 09:32 PM

We almost always cook inside where we have everything. We just purchased a one burner portable induction cooktop and use that most of the time. We have a Instant Pot electric pressure cooker at home and just love it. It would be a great cooker for on the road.

BillL 10-17-2016 09:56 PM

When traveling we usually cook inside. Once we get one place for a while, I grill outside a lot while DW does side dishes inside. Leftovers are great too.

Hit_the_Rhod 10-17-2016 10:07 PM

Inside unless we're grilling!:D As mentioned before, that's where all the spices, utensils, etc are, almost as if it were a real kitchen!:whistling: Oh, wait, it IS a real kitchen, why not USE it?:dance:

twogypsies 10-17-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepside454 (Post 3298855)
Unless I'm grilling , usually inside. Air conditions, no bugs , all my utincils & ingredients are right there etc . I just find it easier .

Agree. That's why we cooked and ate inside, except for grilling. Being full-timers it was our home so it just seemed natural to us. We don't like hauling everything outside and back inside.

steve11669 10-17-2016 10:57 PM

Mostly inside but if I fry, cook bacon, fish or fry tortillas into chips, I put the electric pan outside.

Sidenote;
I've been wanting (procrastinating) to install a sidewall vent cover behind the stove fan to send the air outside. Right now the fan just blows it back into the room.

gabirdsall 10-17-2016 11:48 PM

Exclusively outside. Had a travel trailer for 15 years, never even lit the stove...we've had the class a for 3 years and haven't cooked anything inside. Under the awning or EZ Up depending on weather...

HavingABlast 10-18-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadder (Post 3298868)
We yanked our outside TV as soon as we got the bus home from the dealer. I installed a sound bar, and shelves to hold all of the cooking stuff that we usually use. Then I ran a quick connect to the passenger side for propane, to connect to the BBQ and portable fire pit.

So yes, we do almost all of our cooking outside.

Rob

To answer your question...most cooking is done inside of the coach. I do love to grill outside.

I also have a Ventana. Do you have a pic on where you mounted the LP quick connect? I was thinking that the only place that is vented is back on the door side where the chassis batteries are placed. But that is close to the engine and exhaust.

dix39 10-18-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsheetz (Post 3298849)
Inside. Where the microwave is located. (-:

Us too! There also seem to be fewer biting insects in there.

Steve

marjoa 10-18-2016 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenkerb (Post 3298904)
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....

D you know what the wattage pull is on these units?

Shaky 10-18-2016 05:09 AM

We usually cook inside depending on the weather and how long we intend to remain at a particular park. I will use park provided charcoal pits if available, other wise I have a couple of electric grills that I use outside. I turn on some music and grill buffalo burgers, or brats and we sit outside and enjoy our meal.

PanJH 10-18-2016 07:02 AM

I cook outside-- have a grill,crock pot,induction burner,griddle,etc, all in a bay slide out. Other than a few microwave dishes, we have never cooked in any of our coaches.

Statgeek 10-18-2016 07:08 AM

We cook most dinners outside. Breakfasts are mostly outside too, unless weather prohibits it. The exception is that I typically pack up all of my outdoor cooking stuff the night before we leave a campground, in which case the departure breakfast will be quick and easy and indoors.