iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Thnking of Winnebago Fuse for this newbie (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/thnking-of-winnebago-fuse-for-this-newbie-325647.html)

songofjoy 02-01-2017 08:37 PM

Thnking of Winnebago Fuse for this newbie

Hello all,
Newbie here.....

A local RV dealer is selling a brand new Winnebago Fuse well below MSRP (about 25% less), and I've been hoping over the years for a View, but I love the idea of the Ford Diesel. Just being hubby and I will the size 24' and carrying capacity be fine if we add 2 of our adult kids to travel with us sometimes? I guess crowded is the word, bring tent! The dealer wants me to put down a deposit to 'keep this' til we see it on Saturday, but if the pricing is too good to be true, maybe we should wait... (25% off is great)

We were going to get a real cheap old used RV for about half the price and I saw this one online, and been reading reviews. Sounds great! Looked at Villagios, Views, Leisure Travel, all of which are well over our price range, so we finally settled for in the mid 30s. Ha ha. Found this, dh says I figured out a way to double that and some more!!

Any comments welcome. We're newbies! Thank you! btw its the queen model not the twin bed one. We may change our mind. So for now I think if its' available Sat we didn't need to put down $. If not we'll keep looking!
Carol

TonyDi 02-01-2017 09:26 PM

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. :wavey:

In the Owners Forum in the tab above there is a forum for Winnebago. You can get more answers and opinions in that forum too.

Happy Trails!!!

Unplanned Tourist 02-01-2017 09:34 PM

MSRP is just that. Most times it is 25% higher than selling price, so don't get too excited. The "put money down to hold it" ploy is one of the oldest in the book. Gets you subconsciously committed to buy it. Take your time and low-ball them with an offer another 10% lower. Be prepared to walk away and remember there are lots more out there. In fact, look up some similar used ones, print out the adds and let the sales guy see them. That way you are a lot more in charge. :thumb: Good luck, and remember, don't be afraid to walk away. Just leave your ph. number to have the ball in their court. :cool:

momdoc 02-02-2017 06:15 AM

Welcome to the forum. You will find that many dealers will offer 25%off and many times that is a starting point. We ended up at nearly 30% off our new Class C.
As to the deposit to hold it is an old trick but you can use it if you are able to walk away. We put down a "hold" deposit and when we saw the unit we did not buy it. The deposit was refunded to our account the same day.
Good luck in your search and don't settle.
As to space we are currently on a 3 month trek in our 25 foot unit and it is only the two of us. Adding one or two other folks would make it VERY crowded and not very easy to do.

momdoc

MSHappyCampers 02-02-2017 09:38 AM

Hi! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D