iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   How Do I Live In A RV For Under $1250.00 Per Month? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/how-do-i-live-in-a-rv-for-under-1250-00-per-month-326606.html)

heath_hambon 02-17-2017 12:03 AM

You may want to consider a thousand trails membership. You can travel and stay at parks included in your membership. That will keep the travel costs down.

dexters 02-17-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heath_hambon (Post 3463201)
You may want to consider a thousand trails membership. You can travel and stay at parks included in your membership. That will keep the travel costs down.

I think the OP has checked out.

RubiconTrail 02-17-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexters (Post 3463523)
I think the OP has checked out.

Perhaps so. It's still a good discussion. This is not even close to my situation and I still find it interesting.

BLM has quite a few inexpensive boondocking solutions as well. Quartzsite at $180 for six months during the winter is remarkable. Water and dump is available but you have to break camp and drive a short distance to get it or come up with a creative solution. Tons of social life as there are 10,000 + folks living there the same way. Weather is good most of the time. Quirky but cool.

barmcd 02-17-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiconTrail (Post 3463565)
Perhaps so. It's still a good discussion. This is not even close to my situation and I still find it interesting.

BLM has quite a few inexpensive boondocking solutions as well. Quartzsite at $180 for six months during the winter is remarkable. Water and dump is available but you have to break camp and drive a short distance to get it or come up with a creative solution. Tons of social life as there are 10,000 + folks living there the same way. Weather is good most of the time. Quirky but cool.

It is interesting. I wasn't aware of the BLM LTVA program until this thread. I looked at the area on Google Maps and there are RVs scattered all across the desert there.

dexters 02-17-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiconTrail (Post 3463565)
Perhaps so. It's still a good discussion. This is not even close to my situation and I still find it interesting.

BLM has quite a few inexpensive boondocking solutions as well. Quartzsite at $180 for six months during the winter is remarkable. Water and dump is available but you have to break camp and drive a short distance to get it or come up with a creative solution. Tons of social life as there are 10,000 + folks living there the same way. Weather is good most of the time. Quirky but cool.

You might find some good on line budgeting tools helpful
https://www.mint.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=on+l...hrome&ie=UTF-8

heath_hambon 02-17-2017 02:50 PM

Thanks.

RubiconTrail 02-17-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barmcd (Post 3463603)
It is interesting. I wasn't aware of the BLM LTVA program until this thread. I looked at the area on Google Maps and there are RVs scattered all across the desert there.

If you happen to get out that way in January there is a HUGE presence there surrounding show week. Big tent vendor stuff, RV sales, etc. You can also do $40 for 14 days.

Big Oil Guy 02-20-2017 02:36 PM

Excellent Write-up Here
 
Here's one of the best write-ups you'll find on how much it costs, and what affects the costs. This is Part II, but links back to Part I:
The Costs Of Fulltime RVing (Part II) Specifics & Links – Wheeling It

harryn 02-24-2017 01:03 PM

I have considered a mixture of a 1 ton truck and a 5th wheel trailer vs a class C and a tow vehicle.

It is relatively easy to get maintenance done on a PU truck and that would eliminate the need to keep two motorized vehicles maintained.

In 10 years there is a reasonable chance that either the motor vehicle or trailer might need to be replaced, but at least then I would only have to deal with changing one of them.

Unless the class C or 5th wheel are constantly hooked up, then you almost need a healthy truck to bring supplies to it.

Kro1957 02-25-2017 03:56 PM

Welcome!!
 
:welcome::welcome:


I would aim to find a well built unit. One that heats well and also holds the cold . A good Used Coach.

Being single, you might want to consider a work camping position someplace or look into seasonal work where you could make a few bucks, keep active and entertained and thus supplement your current SS earnings.

We plan to have our "nest egg" built up before we head out FT and that way have something to fall back on if we have unexpected expenses on the road.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.