iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Travel Trailer Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Lance Travel Trailer Expected % off MSRP (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/lance-travel-trailer-expected-off-msrp-341809.html)

JCGibson 05-26-2017 09:46 AM

Lance Travel Trailer Expected % off MSRP

We have been searching for our next RV and we have decided on Lance travel trailers. We found a model we liked and was curious what % off of MSRP we can expect. I was quoted only 14% off MSRP at one dealer. Is this normal for Lance? Doesn't seem very good and they weren't going to budge. We have saved a minimum of 20% off each of the RVs we have purchased over the years.

Thanks in advance.

John

cdoorider 05-26-2017 04:04 PM

That's better than I was quoted which was 10%, I hope we geta input from some Lance buyers, curious.

On another note which Lance are you looking at. I like the 2375 but wish it had the U dinette, the 2285 gives you both a couch and U dinette but tiny bathroom.

JCGibson 05-26-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoorider (Post 3617369)
That's better than I was quoted which was 10%, I hope we geta input from some Lance buyers, curious.

On another note which Lance are you looking at. I like the 2375 but wish it had the U dinette, the 2285 gives you both a couch and U dinette but tiny bathroom.

We like both of those as well and we chose the 2285. The couch or chairs seemed to be in a better seating location than in front of the door like the 2375. Liked the U Dinette better as well. It offers a little more storage. Unfortunately, bathrooms aren't Lances strong suit. They are all small. The kitchen area isn't quite as good as the 2375, but we hope to do more outside cooking and get back to actual camping and not glamping like we did in our motorhome. We enjoy going to state and national parks and don't want to be limited by size.

cdoorider 05-26-2017 10:35 PM

The 2285 would be my choice also. The jackknife couch and big dinette will come in handy when our grandchildren come along. My wife's favorite feature on the Lance is their bedrooms, mine is all the attention they pay to details. Good luck, I hope you get a killer deal!

OldShu 05-27-2017 07:52 PM

If you are willing to travel picking on up on the west cost could save you some $. Transportation from Cal. to the east coast is pricey if that is where you are located.

Lances are not high volume products so the dealer needs to make more profit to keep their doors open unlike say a Jayco were they have to move 3 or 4 to make the same profit as one Lance.

Get quotes from several dealers in your area and see which one wants your business.

Last I checked profit is not a 4 letter word.

We received 18% off of ours with quotes from 3 dealers within 200 mi of us.

Most of all enjoy the process and safe travels.

Wireman1 05-30-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCGibson (Post 3617608)
We like both of those as well and we chose the 2285. The couch or chairs seemed to be in a better seating location than in front of the door like the 2375. Liked the U Dinette better as well. It offers a little more storage. Unfortunately, bathrooms aren't Lances strong suit. They are all small. The kitchen area isn't quite as good as the 2375, but we hope to do more outside cooking and get back to actual camping and not glamping like we did in our motorhome. We enjoy going to state and national parks and don't want to be limited by size.

That's a good trade, Newmar for the Grand Sport.

Lancealot 05-30-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldShu (Post 3619014)
If you are willing to travel picking on up on the west cost could save you some $. Transportation from Cal. to the east coast is pricey if that is where you are located.

Lances are not high volume products so the dealer needs to make more profit to keep their doors open unlike say a Jayco were they have to move 3 or 4 to make the same profit as one Lance.

Get quotes from several dealers in your area and see which one wants your business.

Last I checked profit is not a 4 letter word.

We received 18% off of ours with quotes from 3 dealers within 200 mi of us.

Most of all enjoy the process and safe travels.

X2

The dealer we bought from had the lowest price in the state and they let me know it. I was able to talk down another few hundred but thats it. I was ok with that since I knew that what i wanted and couldn't get a better price elsewhere without traveling a great distance. I am very happy with my purchase and the dealer!

JCGibson 06-03-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wireman1 (Post 3623429)
That's a good trade, Newmar for the Grand Sport.

Its a lot of fun. I had a 2013 Corvette 427 and sold it which was a big mistake. I missed it too much so even though the Newmar was a great DP the force was too strong and had to have another Vette. Couldn't justify the expense to keep and maintain the DP at this point in our lives (don't travel enough since not both of us aren't retired) so it has worked out just fine. Now just need to find travel trailer that suits our needs to actually "camp" again.

Wireman1 06-03-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCGibson (Post 3630036)
Its a lot of fun. I had a 2013 Corvette 427 and sold it which was a big mistake. I missed it too much so even though the Newmar was a great DP the force was too strong and had to have another Vette. Couldn't justify the expense to keep and maintain the DP at this point in our lives (don't travel enough since not both of us aren't retired) so it has worked out just fine. Now just need to find travel trailer that suits our needs to actually "camp" again.

Had a 67, 427/390hp and a 72 T top. Sold both for needed expenses at the time.

Maybe another one in this lifetime, 2009 and up.

tomgillotti 07-25-2017 03:42 AM

Good thread. Wish there were more responses.

Also, why is there no dedicated Lance Owner Forum?

scrapperjohn 07-25-2017 03:57 AM

Here you go,
We bought our 2017 Lance 2285 last October,
most options, MSRP was $43,000.
Sale price $35,500.
They wouldn't budge on the price. Since it was Exactly what we wanted & dealer was fairly local for warranty work,(125 miles ) , we pulled the trigger.
So far, one of the best decisions we made!!
Absolutely love our Lance!!!!
Hope to be able to full time in it in a few years!!
Hope this helps!!!

tomgillotti 07-25-2017 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapperjohn (Post 3717133)
Here you go,
We bought our 2017 Lance 2285 last October,
most options, MSRP was $43,000.
Sale price $35,500.
They wouldn't budge on the price. Since it was Exactly what we wanted & dealer was fairly local for warranty work,(125 miles ) , we pulled the trigger.
So far, one of the best decisions we made!!
Absolutely love our Lance!!!!
Hope to be able to full time in it in a few years!!
Hope this helps!!!

Just two of you or full family?

Also, have you done any boondocking in it? How long were you away from power source/hookups? Any additional mods to aid with boondocking?

RedRocket 07-25-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgillotti (Post 3717130)
... why is there no dedicated Lance Owner Forum?

On iRV2 or other?

Lance Owners of America forum

tomgillotti 07-25-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocket (Post 3717597)

I meant on here, but thanks for sharing the link!