iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class C Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/)
-   -   Renegade Vienna vs Tiffin Wayfarer (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/renegade-vienna-vs-tiffin-wayfarer-345196.html)

jordanrvers 06-17-2017 02:06 PM

Renegade Vienna vs Tiffin Wayfarer
 
Hi everyone. We are in the market for a new class C Renegade Vienna. We looked at the Tiffin Wayfarer and drove one as well. Loved the concept but was shocked at how many more features were offered on the Vienna by Renegade. Any feedback on the comparison of these two units? Both sit on the Mercedes Chassis. We currently have a 2016 Tiffin 34PA that we will be selling as we take delivery of the new unit. We just need a smaller coach. I don't see an owners forum for the Renegade in the forum list. Maybe we should start one? Duane

luvlabs 06-18-2017 01:39 PM

Features equal weight. Check the Vienna's OCCC and I'll bet it is <800lbs. The Tiffin will be around 1000 lbs.

Neither coach has much market presence. Tiffin's is brand new with units being shipped to dealers in the last month (maybe). Distribution network still not finalized. The Vienna has about 1 or 2 posts on another popular Sprinter forum.

The LTV coaches have a very good reputation but you will pay for it. There are a ton a MB Sprinter chassis Class B and Class C coaches out there but ones to look at are the ones with large dealer networks. So take a look at Winnebago's (View/Navion) and Thor, Jayco, Forest River (Isata) and so on.

spuds 06-19-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvlabs (Post 3654958)
The LTV coaches have a very good reputation but you will pay for it. There are a ton a MB Sprinter chassis Class B and Class C coaches out there but ones to look at are the ones with large dealer networks. So take a look at Winnebago's (View/Navion) and Thor, Jayco, Forest River (Isata) and so on.

We looked at all of those and found LTV to be heads and tails above the others in terms of design, build quality, fit, and finish and, to us, worth the higher price. They can be hard to find because they don't stay on a dealer's lot very long (most are already spoken for before they even arrive), but I would recommend anyone considering a Sprinter-based B+/C try to look at a LTV Unity.

Michelle

jordanrvers 06-20-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spuds (Post 3656159)
We looked at all of those and found LTV to be heads and tails above the others in terms of design, build quality, fit, and finish and, to us, worth the higher price. They can be hard to find because they don't stay on a dealer's lot very long (most are already spoken for before they even arrive), but I would recommend anyone considering a Sprinter-based B+/C try to look at a LTV Unity.

Michelle

That is a beautiful unit! I know you will be glad when it arrives. We decided to go with the Renegade Vienna VQRS. It is now on order as well. We have a 36' Tiffin 34PA now that we really have enjoyed but with the amount of cross country traveling we do, the gas mileage and accessibility is a big priority for us. We can't wait for it to arrive. Duane

spuds 06-20-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanrvers (Post 3657862)
That is a beautiful unit! I know you will be glad when it arrives. We decided to go with the Renegade Vienna VQRS.

Congrats! We've never been able to see a Renegade in person, but have read good things about them.

Now that they are owned by REV Group, you should have an easier time finding an authorized service center than when they were a private company. REV seems to be opening up a number of these service centers.

Michelle

atshehata 07-08-2017 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanrvers (Post 3653326)
Hi everyone. We are in the market for a new class C Renegade Vienna. We looked at the Tiffin Wayfarer and drove one as well. Loved the concept but was shocked at how many more features were offered on the Vienna by Renegade. Any feedback on the comparison of these two units? Both sit on the Mercedes Chassis. We currently have a 2016 Tiffin 34PA that we will be selling as we take delivery of the new unit. We just need a smaller coach. I don't see an owners forum for the Renegade in the forum list. Maybe we should start one? Duane

Hi Jordanrvers, the Renegade Vienna is a beautiful Class C. We looked at it along with the Winnebago View and Tiffin Wayfarer. We almost purchased the Renegade since we had the same concern about the Wayfarer especially since 2017 is the first year for this new Tiffin product. However, we were informed that Tiffin added many new features to the mid year rollouts, features that would be expected. We waited until we saw one and were very pleased. Needless to say, we bought it a couple of weeks ago and we are very happy with our decision.

Go with your gut feeling. If it is to be the Renegade, so be it. Cannot go wrong with the Renegade.

chuckster52 07-08-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spuds (Post 3657903)
Congrats! We've never been able to see a Renegade in person, but have read good things about them.

Now that they are owned by REV Group, you should have an easier time finding an authorized service center than when they were a private company. REV seems to be opening up a number of these service centers.

Michelle

That's a shame that Renegade was bought by the REV group,,,for ya'll , I hope the quality of the Renegade doesn't slip to the Quality of the American,which WAS advertised as their High Line Coaches.....but so far 4 well known High End coach dealers have dropped the REV and American line....Transwest:North Trails:Southhaven and noe heard Tom Johnson in NC has joined the other 3....Chuck

JONWisconsin 07-08-2017 02:38 PM

Congrats! Wish you well.

spuds 07-10-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckster52 (Post 3688627)
That's a shame that Renegade was bought by the REV group,,,for ya'll , I hope the quality of the Renegade doesn't slip to the Quality of the American,which WAS advertised as their High Line Coaches.....but so far 4 well known High End coach dealers have dropped the REV and American line....Transwest:North Trails:Southhaven and noe heard Tom Johnson in NC has joined the other 3....Chuck

IIRC, Tom Johnson was sold to Camping World, so that's likely what that location no longer sells Renegade/American. Marcus Lemonis has been very vocal in his dislike of motorhomes due to the smaller profit margin than towables.

Jeffcarp 07-11-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spuds (Post 3656159)
We looked at all of those and found LTV to be heads and tails above the others in terms of design, build quality, fit, and finish and, to us, worth the higher price. They can be hard to find because they don't stay on a dealer's lot very long (most are already spoken for before they even arrive), but I would recommend anyone considering a Sprinter-based B+/C try to look at a LTV Unity.

Michelle

I love the LTV units as well but was disappointed to learn that they can't do an all-weather coach because they put the fresh water tank and water lines outside the heated coach interior.

Jurisdictionary 09-17-2021 07:57 AM

We are considering a Renegade Vienna and will appreciate any and all feedback ... especially with regard to ride quality, structural quality, reliability, noise when driving ... and please don't be shy about negative issues as well as the good things about this unit. We want to buy ASAP as we need to head south from Michigan in a few weeks before the freezing weather. This will be our 7th MH, however we known nothing about Renegade or its reputation. PLEASE GIVE US SOME QUICK FEEDBACK. Thanks! Fred & Kathy

balticblue 09-17-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanrvers (Post 3657862)
That is a beautiful unit! I know you will be glad when it arrives. We decided to go with the Renegade Vienna VQRS. It is now on order as well. We have a 36' Tiffin 34PA now that we really have enjoyed but with the amount of cross country traveling we do, the gas mileage and accessibility is a big priority for us. We can't wait for it to arrive. Duane

Spuds, that is a very good choice, and we like the IB Unity. From everything we have heard you will be pleased. To top it off the Unity is about $30,000 less than the Renegade. Probably because the Leisure is built here in Canada, versus the Renegade is made in the USA . Good luck and happy travels

Jurisdictionary 09-18-2021 06:37 AM

Thank you! And if you have any additional thoughts, please post them here. We are buying the Vienna brand new, a 2020, and expect some burps and squeaks. Our home is 600 miles from the dealer, so say a few prayers for us to not have too many new unit burps and squeaks. :)

88keys 09-26-2021 05:26 PM

Try the Renegade Vienna Villagio F.B. page.



https://www.facebook.com/groups/5606...vity&ref=notif


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.