iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Atwood hydro flame 8500-lV series removal (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/atwood-hydro-flame-8500-lv-series-removal-352780.html)

Bigdee 08-02-2017 07:21 PM

Atwood hydro flame 8500-lV series removal

I am installing a Samsung RF residential fridge and want to remove the Atwood furnace that is under the existing NoCold 1200 so we can access the top shelves in the fridge. I searched this forum and the net and haven't had any luck finding any info. Could one of you be do kind as to pass on any info or experience you have in removing an Atwood furnace? Thanks.

RustyTools 08-03-2017 05:33 AM

:popcorn:

RustyTools 08-03-2017 09:58 AM

I'm watching to see if you get any help. I asked the same thing awhile back, and all I got was a useless "Read The Manual" response.

Which, as you say too, doesn't cover removal.

MSHappyCampers 08-03-2017 01:48 PM

Hi ! :wavey: Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :dance:

Sorry I can't offer advice on that one! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

nothermark 08-03-2017 02:09 PM

I would think that taking out the furnace would render the unit unsaleable or at least drop the price significantly.

Bigdee 08-03-2017 10:11 PM

nothermark, I found several other forum members that have removed their furnace that is under the fridge so that the new residential fridge could be lowered to a manageable height. The coach has 2 furnaces. I am removing the zone 1 furnace which we have never used. We do use the HP from time to time and have used the zone 2 furnace once or twice. You think this will make my motorhome unsalable? I don't think so! I could replace the furnace and raise the fridge up 7" in a few hours. Have a nice day....

slowmachine 08-04-2017 04:11 AM

I removed my furnace from below the refrigerator. I think the most difficult part of it was disconnecting the gas line. Since I was removing all of the propane system, I wasn't concerned about properly sealing the line. In my Endeavor, the furnace gas line runs to a T-fitting coming up through the floor that is in the rear corner of the furnace cabinet. Once you disconnect the gas line at the furnace, along with the electrical wiring an duct hoses, removal form the outside is simple. Cap the gas at the T-fitting.

If you're planning to mount the refrigerator at close to floor level, you can greatly simplify furnace removal by cutting out the wood or OSB platform that separates the furnace from the fridge. Access to all of the connections will be much easier. The rest is simple carpentry.

nothermark 08-05-2017 01:51 AM

All I am saying is that I would not buy a unit modified that way. I expect I have a lot of company. OTOH it's your unit you can do anything you want to for all I care.

Bigdee 08-05-2017 06:38 AM

nothermark, I just want to say thanks for your positive input/reply to my request for assistance. Oh yea, I also want to say thanks for giving me your blessing to do what I want to MY M/H!!

tmw188 08-08-2017 11:38 AM

Atwood hydro flame 8500-lV series removal

4 Attachment(s)
I agree with post 7. These photos are from a National but is a Attachment 172173Attachment 172174Attachment 172177Attachment 172178
Also you may have to jumper a couple of wires to get other things to work, maybe? The outside frame can stay in place, you'll have to cover the insect screen.

Bigdee 08-09-2017 06:33 AM

I removed the furnace without any problems. Removed the NoCold fridge, removed the plywood floor the fridge sat on, a couple mounting screws, duct hose, electric wire connector, the door from outside, the Base ring behind the door, bent 4 tabs down removed 12 screws, slid it out and towards the front to gain better access to the gas hose connection and it slid right out. Nothing to it. Thanks for the help guys. Have a Gud Un!!

RustyTools 08-09-2017 01:45 PM

:thumb::thumb:

tmw188 08-15-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdee (Post 3743197)
I removed the furnace without any problems. Removed the NoCold fridge, removed the plywood floor the fridge sat on, a couple mounting screws, duct hose, electric wire connector, the door from outside, the Base ring behind the door, bent 4 tabs down removed 12 screws, slid it out and towards the front to gain better access to the gas hose connection and it slid right out. Nothing to it. Thanks for the help guys. Have a Gud Un!!

My furnace had to be removed too but I dint want to part with it. I'm relocating my furnace in place of the bottom drawer in the galley. If you need some ideas on that too you can PM me.

tmw188 08-24-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmw188 (Post 3754505)
My furnace had to be removed too but I dint want to part with it. I'm relocating my furnace in place of the bottom drawer in the galley. If you need some ideas on that too you can PM me.

I see I didn't proof read again(dint).