iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   HELP - The RV from "H*ll".... (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/help-the-rv-from-h-ll-357586.html)

19Echoes 09-02-2017 06:49 AM

HELP - The RV from "H*ll"....

Hello everyone;

This is my very first post to this site and I am hoping beyond hope that someone(s) can help me with what I have deemed "The RV from H*ll" aka "The Land Battleship, (LB).:eek:

My Father in Law (who's got a head like a rock), bought a 1990 Chevrolet Lexington 31 Foot RV, and now he can't figure out how to use it. There's a lot more to the story and to tell you all about about would require pages of writing and tremendous amounts of alcohol, and at 7:45 on a Saturday morning, I think hitting the Johnny Walker Black Label is not a good thing.:blink:

Essentially right now what I am desperately seeking is a link, or something for an owners manual for this vehicle. The one that that came with it, is for a Ford Heavy Duty Truck.

He's essentially ignoring this vehicle until I make decisions for him, and thus I am now "designated" to be the "RV guy" to "help" FIL and get it going. Did I also say that he has a head like a rock?

To top it off, I know nothing, (completely clueless) about RV's....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you...

PArrowV 09-02-2017 07:04 AM

Must be a Mallard/Overland and my guess would be 454 cu/in powered? There are probably some online manuals available.

biggcrisp 09-02-2017 07:34 AM

When I build something, I am meticulous about following written directions.

When I operate something, I go for broke and throw caution to the wind.

Operating a (LB) is like eating an elephant -- one bite at a time.

What is the first thing you want to conquer? Maybe we can help.

caninecop 09-02-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Echoes (Post 3783201)
Hello everyone;

This is my very first post to this site and I am hoping beyond hope that someone(s) can help me with what I have deemed "The RV from H*ll" aka "The Land Battleship, (LB).:eek:

My Father in Law (who's got a head like a rock), bought a 1990 Chevrolet Lexington 31 Foot RV, and now he can't figure out how to use it. There's a lot more to the story and to tell you all about about would require pages of writing and tremendous amounts of alcohol, and at 7:45 on a Saturday morning, I think hitting the Johnny Walker Black Label is not a good thing.:blink:

Essentially right now what I am desperately seeking is a link, or something for an owners manual for this vehicle. The one that that came with it, is for a Ford Heavy Duty Truck.

He's essentially ignoring this vehicle until I make decisions for him, and thus I am now "designated" to be the "RV guy" to "help" FIL and get it going. Did I also say that he has a head like a rock?

To top it off, I know nothing, (completely clueless) about RV's....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you...

Not sure if this is what you are looking for 1990 Lexington but do a google search and you may find more :)

Hit_the_Rhod 09-02-2017 07:45 AM

You need to post what problems you are having (besides needing a manual) before people here on the forum can help you! Post away, and people will chime in when they know what you are needing help with!

Isaac-1 09-02-2017 08:14 AM

Most class A motorhomes don't have actual comprehensive manuals, as they are assembled from a variety of mostly off the shelf components on chassis that was built by a 3rd party. Given the age, size, and brand, this one is likely on a Chevy P30 / P32 chassis, if you are dealing with chassis / engine issues I would suggest investing in a set of Chevy P30 series service manuals for your specific year (or as close to it as you can locate), these shop manuals (set of 3 manuals for the later P32's) are often available used on ebay for $20-$40. See 1996 Chevy GMC Truck P32 P42 Motorhome Chassis Shop Service Repair Manual Book | eBay these are a set for the '96 model, I find lots of 96 - 99 manuals listed on ebay, but don't see much older at the moment. I think they switched from the 454 TBI engine to the 7.4 / 454 Vortec MPI engine in '96.

For other components like the refrigerator, roof top air conditioner, water heater, etc. You will need to find the manuals for those specific units from their respective manufacturers.

4Fingers 09-02-2017 06:58 PM

:welcome:

I'm sure you can get all the help you need here.

Don

ThePowells 09-02-2017 07:13 PM

Look on the inside of every closet and cabinet and see if there is a build sheet stuck to a wall. If one is there, it will give you the OE list for everything installed in the coach.