iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Bounder: 2018 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2018-358094.html)

Smithgirl3 09-05-2017 06:17 AM

We are days away from purchasing a new RV, the front runners are Fleetwood Bounder 36H, and Fleetwood Southwind 37H. I know they are the same coach, this floor plan works best for our family. The internet shopping is really something. Any advice? Thanks

sims5 09-05-2017 07:50 AM

Look for around 37% off msrp

Boomertx 09-05-2017 07:54 AM

I imagine 37% off will kinda tough on a 2018, maybe a 2017 model?

wayno347 09-09-2017 10:26 AM

Fleetwood, really?

Have you researched Fleetwood RVs fully? If looking for new, might be wise to look at the thread about Bounders here.
I have a 2016 35K and been to the factory twice for warranty repairs, and Ford compensated me $15,000 for ABS issues.
Look before you leap.....

Smithgirl3 09-09-2017 10:35 AM

Wow, that's a knee jerker! I need to do some more research. I have been able to get a great price on the model we are looking at. Maybe that the reason.

sims5 09-09-2017 12:06 PM

I really like our 2015 Discovery and haven't had any issues. All brands will have issues. We were at the dealership a couple weeks ago just looking and the Newmar Dutchstar had some very nice features and is very solidly made. Might be worth your time to check them out also.

tickfarm 09-09-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithgirl3 (Post 3788392)
We are days away from purchasing a new RV, the front runners are Fleetwood Bounder 36H, and Fleetwood Southwind 37H. I know they are the same coach, this floor plan works best for our family. The internet shopping is really something. Any advice? Thanks

If it has a Jensen tv and an LG entertainment system, they are not compatible. I have a copy of an email from Fleetwood tech services to our dealer we bought from saying the two are not compatible. They say there is not solution to this problem other than replacing the Jensen tv.....uh, at whatever the buyer wants to purchases. Stay away from the REV products.

sfergie631 09-23-2017 07:03 AM

Ordered a Bounder 36H while at the Hershey show last week only to find out that Fleetwood is no longer going to make that floor plan. The dealer/Fleetwood gave us the Southwind 37H at the agreed upon Bounder price

z3406 09-23-2017 08:16 AM

I'm in the process of trading my Bounder for a new DP. I had the opportunity to compare coaches side by side and see how they compared to the Bounder. I was surprised at how many of the lower end DP's were lacking in comparison to the Bounder in fit, finish, amenities, floorplan and features. As the originator of the 2016 Bounder experience thread I would by another Fleetwood/REV product in a heartbeat. A new coach is going to have issues the availability of a factory service center is more important to me than the brand of RV. In the Elkhart Indiana area Fleetwood, Forest River, Thor, Newmar and Coachman all have service centers. As I live close enough to Elkhart those are the manufactures I have on my buy from list.
OP
I'ld look at some of the 2017 leftover DP's out there. I've seen quite a few Palazzo's and Pace Arrow's priced at 2018 Gas coach prices. If at all possible test drive both types so you can see what the difference is. Absolutely make sure you test drive the coach you are purchasing before you sign on the dotted line.
FWIW
Both the 36H and 37H have the short length beds (75" vs 80"). If you 6 foot or more in height that may be an issue.

computerguy 09-23-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithgirl3 (Post 3795075)
Wow, that's a knee jerker! I need to do some more research. I have been able to get a great price on the model we are looking at. Maybe that the reason.

FYI, that 2016 Bounder thread is an honest discussion of what we all experienced. No holds barred. Look at any other similar thread on a specific model and you'll see the same issues over and over again. It's unfortunate you spend $100k+ and you get a bunch of problems that need to be tended to. No matter which new RV you decide on it would be better off if you prep yourself for this type of experience. Chances are you will have to deal with them. Fleetwood at least acknowledged them and stood behind their product and fixed them in almost all cases (that I know of). Buying a new RV is not like buying a new car where everything just works and works. And that is across the whole spectrum from $50k TT to a 600k motorhome. All IMO of course :cool:

Smithgirl3 09-23-2017 04:47 PM

Thank you, this will be our third coach. Iím pretty handy with bungees, cable ties and of course duct tape[emoji6]

z3406 09-23-2017 04:58 PM

FWIW
If you aren't within a reasonable distance from Elkhart, Fleetwood also has Factory service centers in Oregon, Texas and very soon Nevada.
Also don't forget RV Goop the wonder adhesive.

Smithgirl3 09-23-2017 05:43 PM

We are in Georgia, but traveling to the factory would just be a reason for a road trip.
Iíll have to try the goop.

computerguy 09-23-2017 05:47 PM

I lived in south FL and still went to the factory (Decatur). Highly recommended. They fixed it right and quickly. I would never bring my MH to a dealer unless an absolute LAST resort. And even then I would try and fix it myself before I brought it in. Many (if not most and close to all IMO) dealers are the absolute worst when it comes to service.