iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   Mice repellent visit again (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/mice-repellent-visit-again-366002.html)

BBQ Warren 10-31-2017 08:43 AM

Mice repellent visit again

After reading a lot of posts about rodent repellent it looked like Fresh Cab had very good remarks. Apparently there is some kind of problem and no one has any. Any suggestions on an alternative?

kewag 10-31-2017 08:52 AM

eBay has some..

Charlie 5320 10-31-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Warren (Post 3877893)
After reading a lot of posts about rodent repellent it looked like Fresh Cab had very good remarks. Apparently there is some kind of problem and no one has any. Any suggestions on an alternative?

I just bought some of the newer Decon in block form. It came with a plastic case to put it in to keep other animals out. I live in the country and always have a rodent problem, so I put a couple out in the garage. When I first put it out the mice devoured it right away, that's good. The second batch, they haven't touched, and haven't seen any evidence of them anymore. I just bought a second bag and will put one on a block UNDER the MH not in it. I've had a lot of trouble in the past, keeping them out of the MH, and I've tried everything. With this new block, they can't carry it away, they have to eat it where it is, and the case has a clear plastic window so you can see when it's time to refill.

paddykern 10-31-2017 09:19 AM

This is what works for us.
I have three feral cats I feed and care for.
For this service they keep our RV and winter storage cars rodent free.

https://www.petfinder.com/wp-content...-162286659.jpg

Rocky Larson 10-31-2017 12:15 PM

I check Amazon every day for stock, scored one box about two weeks ago. :dance: I see today there is one listing at an outrageous price for pre-order and an in-stock date of Nov. 8th. :thumb: You'll have to be up early...... but I suspect others will have it in stock at a reasonable price if that is a true release date.

pointrow 10-31-2017 12:54 PM

I have had great luck with pitch packs. Need to rotate brands every year.
The mice seem to come out in the open to die so no dieing in the walls and no smell.
Good luck
Pointrow

Kro1957 10-31-2017 04:55 PM

try this...

I store the boat in covered storage and many others get mice if they do not use some form of prevention. I put moth balls scattered all around and under the boat and near contact points like tires and jacks. I also place bait inside the boat. Never had any eaten yet. This year I added some dryer sheets Bounce. D/W said she heard that also keeps them away.

I do the same thing for the 5vr over winter/fall. You can buy moth ball boxes at Dollar Tree or Wal Mart. You get more in the box at WalMart.

It has worked for us for years but just as a back up we also put bait inside the RV and in wet bay and storage compartments. I also put them in the outside storage shed we have on site.

saddlesore 10-31-2017 05:00 PM

As bait tends to attract vermin, I place it a good distance from the coach.

Tony Lee 10-31-2017 06:19 PM

Dryer sheets work to a certain extent because the mice prefer to shred them up for their nest rather than shredding your bedding.

Dan_S 10-31-2017 06:37 PM

I use dryer sheets and Fresh Cab inside. Dryer sheets and bars of Irish Spring soap in the box cut in half in all outside storage compartments. I also park with the tires sitting on galvanized 1/4" mesh screen. Heard they do not like to walk on it. After parking in farm shed next to a corn field last year, did not see any sign of critters. Knock wood!

Charlie 5320 10-31-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_S (Post 3878702)
I use dryer sheets and Fresh Cab inside. Dryer sheets and bars of Irish Spring soap in the box cut in half in all outside storage compartments. I also park with the tires sitting on galvanized 1/4" mesh screen. Heard they do not like to walk on it. After parking in farm shed next to a corn field last year, did not see any sign of critters. Knock wood!

Irish Spring soap, and dryer sheets didn't do a thing in my coachs. Like has already been mentioned they chewed up the dryer sheets, and knawed on the Irish Spring soap. I also put the bait outside of the coach. Decon has a new product out, don't know how good it works yet though.

Dan_S 10-31-2017 07:14 PM

Charlie
Maybe the beasts in your area are less picky. Ha!

Bigd9 10-31-2017 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A friend of mine has mouse problems that have defied all attempts to get rid of them. He put a Field Camera inside and under his coach. Here is just one of the many pictures he got. What do you think?

BTW he lives near Las Vegas and Area 51!!!!

Dan_S 10-31-2017 08:26 PM

Looks like that one has been in training for a while.