iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   1998 Discovery 36T (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/1998-discovery-36t-368688.html)

chuckc15 11-21-2017 08:16 AM

1998 Discovery 36T

I am a new RV owner. Well it is actually a used 98 Discovery but it is new to me. It is also our first RV. There is so much to learn and I am as anxious as ever to get started. I have some questions.

The factory installed roof top Satellite dish, the ratchet gear to raise and lower the dish is broken. I understand I can purchase and install another gear. However, I am concerned the LNB installed on the dish is no longer compatible with today's technology. I am interested in installing one of the new dome style satellite receivers from the DISH network as I am a customer of DISH.

1) What cautions must I have to roof top mount this unit?
2) How difficult is it to install a new coax from the roof to the front video switch?

The Discovery has a propane fueled generator. Therefore, it has two propane tanks. I took the unit to a local place to have the tanks filled. The coach tank filled without incident. The remote tank fill hose was severely leaking. I do not have a parts layout or exploded views of the MH.

1) Does anyone know where the remote tank may be located?
2) Since I am having difficulties in locating a parts/service manual, does anyone know the length of this fill hose and the type of fittings at each end?

I can determine this information with a little effort. Just asking if maybe someone else has already crossed that bridge!
Thanks for any and all inputs ahead of time. Look forward to chatting with each of you!

ga traveler 11-21-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckc15 (Post 3910183)
I am a new RV owner. Well it is actually a used 98 Discovery but it is new to me. It is also our first RV. There is so much to learn and I am as anxious as ever to get started. I have some questions.

The factory installed roof top Satellite dish, the ratchet gear to raise and lower the dish is broken. I understand I can purchase and install another gear. However, I am concerned the LNB installed on the dish is no longer compatible with today's technology. I am interested in installing one of the new dome style satellite receivers from the DISH network as I am a customer of DISH.

1) What cautions must I have to roof top mount this unit?
2) How difficult is it to install a new coax from the roof to the front video switch?

The Discovery has a propane fueled generator. Therefore, it has two propane tanks. I took the unit to a local place to have the tanks filled. The coach tank filled without incident. The remote tank fill hose was severely leaking. I do not have a parts layout or exploded views of the MH.

1) Does anyone know where the remote tank may be located?
2) Since I am having difficulties in locating a parts/service manual, does anyone know the length of this fill hose and the type of fittings at each end?

I can determine this information with a little effort. Just asking if maybe someone else has already crossed that bridge!
Thanks for any and all inputs ahead of time. Look forward to chatting with each of you!

The tank is between the frame rails. Just remove the fill line and take it to NAPA auto parts dealer. If it has odd fittings, check with your propane dealer.