iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT) (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f102/)
-   -   Grand Tour 45RL (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f102/grand-tour-45rl-380919.html)

Cefannin 03-01-2018 05:15 AM

Grand Tour 45RL

I have a 2017 Grand Tour 45RL and discovered after buying it that the ladder Winnebago provides is not sufficient for access to my roof. I have not been able to get Winnebago interested in providing a rear mounted ladder for roof access, and wanted to find out from other owners if this is also an issue for them. I intend to write a letter to their President regarding this and wanted to see how much support I would have from other owners.

garbonz 03-23-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cefannin (Post 4063907)
I have a 2017 Grand Tour 45RL and discovered after buying it that the ladder Winnebago provides is not sufficient for access to my roof. I have not been able to get Winnebago interested in providing a rear mounted ladder for roof access, and wanted to find out from other owners if this is also an issue for them. I intend to write a letter to their President regarding this and wanted to see how much support I would have from other owners.

Really? Buy a grand tour and don't want to buy a ladder? Priceless

NCC-1701A 05-12-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garbonz (Post 4100261)
Really? Buy a grand tour and don't want to buy a ladder? Priceless

I'd say "Really...for the price of a Grand Tour and it doesn't come with a rear ladder to access the roof???" :D

Unfortunately for the O.P. it's clear the unit doesn't come with one, so hard to expect them to give him one now. It's not like it was supposed to have one and did not.

RightUR 03-05-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-1701A (Post 4185617)
I'd say "Really...for the price of a Grand Tour and it doesn't come with a rear ladder to access the roof???" :D

Unfortunately for the O.P. it's clear the unit doesn't come with one, so hard to expect them to give him one now. It's not like it was supposed to have one and did not.

Hmm, my Itasca ellipse/Wbg Tour, came with the "Extension" to the permanent posterior latter.
Anyway, if you look towards/on the ceiling in your basement compartment with the pull out mega drawers, there is a Harness (metal) which has an Aluminum "multi purpose" latter (6-7 ft), pull it out and unfold it, and voila you have access to the permanent latter on the back of your rig. Pls be careful.

RightUR 03-06-2019 02:57 AM

oooops: LaDDer! sorry. lol

Lv2Roam2 03-06-2019 06:18 AM

A number of us chose not to have a rear ladder and opted for a folding 17' ladder that can be used all around the coach. When extended the ladder leans against the side wall and extends about 3' above the roof line - making it much more safe to climb / descend.

From my knowledge the rear ladder is not an option on the Grand Tour - and many other higher end coaches.

chuckftboy 04-01-2019 07:31 PM

WoW this post has been around a year with only 5 replies. Somewhere around 5 or 6 years ago, ladders started becoming an option. Winnebago installed a really nice 2 piece ladder on my coach. Not sure how much it cost me but I bet it wasn't cheap.

RightUR 09-01-2020 11:55 AM

I was just at a CG here in South central Tx (Austin). Met this super nice couple. The Guy has a HR Navigator Caspian or Bismark IV, at least that's what it looked like. 600 Hp, 2008. Now I don't know if it came with a ladder, but he had one of those "Pull out" "Stretch out", I don't know what to call them, they're like 4 ft tall when in the stow away position or fully collapsed, but when you pull them out/Extend then I think they're like 12 to 15 ft. I got one for the house, now my home is full of step stools and 3 step ladders well mostly because the DW is only 5 ft tall. But anyway, just food for thought, give it a try.