iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   OMG! The People's Court and Flat Towing!!... gotta see this (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/omg-the-peoples-court-and-flat-towing-gotta-see-this-383784.html)

MisterT 03-23-2018 08:53 AM

OMG! The People's Court and Flat Towing!!... gotta see this

1 Attachment(s)
OMG! It's real! :eek: ... the 'Flat Towing w an RV' episode...gotta see this!

The People's Court 2/23/2018 airing, re-aired today on the CW channel

While I'll not upload the video on this episode for copyright reason...you gotta see this if you're at all interested in 4-down FLAT TOWING your vehicle behind your motorhome! :blush:

The JUDGE puts the hammer down! - a new RV owner who has a brand new
BLUE OX baseplate and towbar, installed by a Blue Ox installer on their vehicle, in Central Florida.

If you don't know if your vehicle is flat towable, or don't know the exact procedures to tow it correctly, or want to 'rely' on the installer to tell you whether it's towable, or depend on Blue Ox to tell you if it's towable.... then watch this one!
And be careful when you 'hear' what others 'say'...:facepalm:

The People's Court

LJowdy 03-23-2018 08:57 AM

Not everyone gets CW so maybe you could post highlights and the bottom line

Lovin2Camp 03-23-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJowdy (Post 4099498)
Not everyone gets CW so maybe you could post highlights and the bottom line

hohenwald48 03-23-2018 12:55 PM

Heck, I don't even know what CW is. :)

F4Gary 03-23-2018 12:58 PM

Cliffs?

FIRE UP 03-23-2018 01:04 PM

Well Sir,
We do get the CW and, I just checked the schedule and, there is NO PEOPLES COURT at any time, for 24 hours today, the 23rd of 2018. There IS a show called the COUPLES COURT but, no Peoples Court, at least on our "CW". Now, upon further investigation, we do find The Peoples Court on CBS, our channel 5, at or around 3:00 P.M. but, the shows listed are for 2017, not 2018. So, at present, I cannot find that particular showing.
Scott

PJStough 03-23-2018 01:05 PM

Pretty much a waste of time of a post, as there is no details, and no link so we can watch the episode ourselves.

yogus 03-23-2018 01:28 PM

I googled it and found it...she's a younger version of Judge Judy...

The People's Court: Judge Marilyn Milian bangs the gavel. Plus, get tickets, meet the cast and find out when it’s on. | peoplescourt.com

You can find out when it's on in your area. I missed today's show, darn it! :laugh:

DFitz 03-23-2018 01:42 PM

Spoiler Alert! I saw this episode on my local channel a couple months back...
Nothing too earthshaking - couple felt it was OK to tow a Honda Fit (CV transmission) because Blue-ox offered a baseplate for their car. Blew up the transmission and felt installer/mfg should be responsible.
Final result: Judge Millian ruled against the defandents.
Take away: As the owner YOU are responsible to determine the suitability and to read your toad's owner's manual before flat towing. (or at least check with the knowledgeable members of this forum!)

MRUSA14 03-23-2018 01:59 PM

Don't take anybody's word for it but the toad's manufacturer. The owner's manuals can be downloaded online. Get the manual and look under "Recreational Towing". Then confirm that it hasn't changed by phoning the manufacturer. Some tow cars' tow authorizations have been revoked after the manuals were printed.

Old-Biscuit 03-23-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFitz (Post 4099931)
Nothing too earthshaking - couple felt it was OK to tow a Honda Fit (CV transmission) because Blue-ox offered a baseplate for their car. Blew up the transmission and felt installer/mfg should be responsible.
Take away: As the owner YOU are responsible to determine the suitability and to read your toad's owner's manual before flat towing. (or at least check with the knowledgeable members of this forum!)

Owners even admitted that their Honda Owners manual stated not to flat tow

Bottom line..just because an aftermarket part is available does NOT mean it is recommended/useful

dexters 03-23-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFitz (Post 4099931)

I think the loser get an appearance fee even if they lose the case.

LJowdy 03-23-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRUSA14 (Post 4099956)
Don't take anybody's word for it but the toad's manufacturer. The owner's manuals can be downloaded online. Get the manual and look under "Recreational Towing". Then confirm that it hasn't changed by phoning the manufacturer. Some tow cars' tow authorizations have been revoked after the manuals were printed.

Marc, not necessarily so. Toyota made a 4x4 vehicle called a FJ Cruiser. I wanted one but when I found out the owners manual said it can't be flat towed I passed. Later I found out that with the trans in neutral and the transfer case in neutral it could be towed contrary to the owners manual instructions. Found out that Toyota didn't want to deal with cars being towed so they said it couldn't be towed. I met a guy last year who has towed his FJ for more that 20,000 miles with no adverse consequences. So the bottom line is the owners manual isn't always correct.

Old-Biscuit 03-23-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexters (Post 4099969)
I think the loser get an appearance fee even if they lose the case.

Same with ALL the TV Judge Shows and they don't really have to pay the 'court award'