iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Installing a seelevel ll tank monitor (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/installing-a-seelevel-ll-tank-monitor-387681.html)

David5155 04-18-2018 02:38 PM

Installing a seelevel ll tank monitor

Hello, I am installing a see level 'll tank monitor system in my 2000 Monaco Diplomat 40bid.
Has anyone here done it?? I have done the LP and Batteries and need to install the new sensors on the 3 tanks. The tanks are all together and are behind a panel. I need help,in removing the panel to gain access to the tanks.
Any help,will,be appreiated.
Thanks

TonyDi 04-18-2018 03:18 PM

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. You're gonna like it here. :wavey:

A moderator should be along to move your post to a forum where you'll get more answers.

Happy Trails!!!

Isaac-1 04-18-2018 03:41 PM

I installed one on coach last year, it is a big improvement over the old useless 1/3 2/3 full or guess system. Though in my case the tanks were accessible in the basement.

Stever53 04-18-2018 05:37 PM

Hi David :wavey:
:welcome:

Sorry I canít help with your question:sad:, but wanted to welcome you :thumb:

:wavey: this place is great :wavey:

Safe travels :cool::cool:

momdoc 04-18-2018 07:40 PM

Welcome. Sorry I can't help but lots of good folks and info here. Someone will be along to help i am sure. Enjoy the adventure

dverstra 04-19-2018 06:43 AM

First of all, welcome to the forum.

When I installed a SeeLevel on my previous 2002 HR Imperial, I accessed the tanks from the passenger side of the vehicle. It sounds to me like you are trying to pull the panel in the Wet Bay. On the passenger side there is usually a panel that can be opened by removing the screws under the MH that hold the panel down. Not sure on your setup though.

Traps90 04-19-2018 07:28 AM

I had the gauges installed at the Indio Rally, and the installer had enough room to work behind the panel. He pulled the old monitor to access the wires, and managed to get enough access to the Black and Grey to apply the strips.
He put the pad for the fresh water tank on the passenger side of the coach so that when it read empty there was still a little water in the tank.

1CoolZ71 04-19-2018 07:36 AM

Diverstra is right.
On the passenger side you should have a basement door that is screwed closed on the bottom under the coach.
Remove the screws from the straps and you will have full access to the tanks for an easy installation.

Usually very easy to run the wires for the monitor up into the coach there too.

MSHappyCampers 04-19-2018 10:02 AM

Hi David! :wavey: Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :dance:

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

dverstra 04-19-2018 02:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of my seelevel install. The first pic shows the old sensors. 2nd pic is new sensors

Note that you can use the existing wires (you only need two) that are already attached to your old sensors if you mount the new display panel in the same area as the old sensor panel

USCGMech 04-19-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David5155 (Post 4144748)
Hello, I am installing a see level 'll tank monitor system in my 2000 Monaco Diplomat 40bid.
Has anyone here done it?? I have done the LP and Batteries and need to install the new sensors on the 3 tanks. The tanks are all together and are behind a panel. I need help,in removing the panel to gain access to the tanks.
Thanks

I installed the Bluetooth version about three weeks ago in my 2008 HR Ambassador....works great. I could not put the sensors on the passenger side because the tanks are slanted on that side. I took out the panel in the wet bay. Basically, just remove everything from the panel, disconnect the plumbing, unscrew the various fittings, etc. The panel is plastic, I was able to bend my panel and get it out and back in, I know others have cut their panel into two pieces and that would work well also. The cut would be top to bottom, you could then pop rivet a piece of flat aluminum onto one piece and then when you put the panels back in run a few screws into the other panel and the aluminum to make a whole panel again. My only issue was after putting it completely back together I hooked up the water, after about two minutes of turning the water on I heard a pop and water was running everywhere. One of the hand tight type PEX fittings split, I took it all apart and replaced all the hand tighten type PEX fittings behind the panel...fortunately Home Depot had the fittings. PM me if you want to talk.

Steve Kiemele 04-21-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David5155 (Post 4144748)

Thanks

I had one installed in Quartzsite the installer was able to apply the fresh water sensor in the wet bay without removing the white panel. He applied the black and gray sensors on the curb side. Used the old wires. Installed the display where the old lights were. Cut out a section of the old monitor panel with a dremel tool.

05 Diplomat 40PDQ

Traps90 04-21-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele (Post 4149062)
I had one installed in Quartzsite the installer was able to apply the fresh water sensor in the wet bay without removing the white panel. He applied the black and gray sensors on the curb side. Used the old wires. Installed the display where the old lights were. Cut out a section of the old monitor panel with a dremel tool.

05 Diplomat 40PDQ

When they did mine at the Indio Rally last January, the installer did the exact opposite on the installation. The Grey and Black we're installed on the Roadside, while the fresh was installed on the Curbside. He was able to access the grey and black buy removing a small access panel on the white cover. He also used the existing wires and with a dremel tool mounted the displays in the existing locations.

His theory was that when the fresh say's zero you have a couple of gallons left cause of the slope of the tanks. We're the black and grey have a room for a couple of gallons at 100. Either way it's time to do something.