iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Purchase advice needed (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/purchase-advice-needed-393110.html)

mr buster 05-24-2018 11:57 AM

Purchase advice needed

Interested in hearing what the irv2 community thinks. I have narrowed down my choices to a new 2018 Winnebago Forza 36G, nicely equipped with the three year warranty Winnebago is offering on all new diesel pushers or a loaded 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R with low miles in very good condition. The Forza is selling for about $35k more than the Disco. I'm leaning towards the Disco but the three year warranty on a new coach is very attractive.

Which one would you buy?

MO Fred 05-24-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr buster (Post 4206191)
Interested in hearing what the irv2 community thinks. I have narrowed down my choices to a new 2018 Winnebago Forza 36G, nicely equipped with the three year warranty Winnebago is offering on all new diesel pushers or a loaded 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R with low miles in very good condition. The Forza is selling for about $35k more than the Disco. I'm leaning towards the Disco but the three year warranty on a new coach is very attractive.

Which one would you buy?

After you drive the new Winnebago off a lot, it will immediately depreciate and will have close to equal value to the 2015 Fleetwood. I would go with a high quality used coach.

SarahW 05-24-2018 12:51 PM

Tough decision. I'd say go with the one that has the floorplan you like best. :D

vito.a 05-24-2018 01:00 PM

I'd go with the used coach. Have it professionally inspected and save the cash for upgrades.

Crasher 05-24-2018 04:28 PM

I would pick a three year old Discovery to a new Winnebago every time. I am not impressed with Winnebago in the last several years.

creativepart 05-24-2018 04:53 PM

I’m just the opposite - WBGO over Fleetwood any day any model.

The Forza is WBGO’s lowest priced DP. While the Discovery is one rung above Fleetwood’s lowest cost DP (the Pace Arrow). The Disco would be on par with a WBGO Journey.

So the models are not equal.

Before I bought I spent weeks reading the owners forums here. I was looking at Fleetwood, but read of the same problems over and over again, year after year, on the Fleetwoods. Not so on Newmar, Tiffins or WBGOs.

We chose the floor plan we liked best and WBGO won out. It’s a great coach and company, we’re pretty happy with our experience. So glad we didn’t by a Fleetwood or Thor.

NCC-1701A 05-24-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativepart (Post 4206586)
I’m just the opposite - WBGO over Fleetwood any day any model.

The Forza is WBGO’s lowest priced DP. While the Discovery is one rung above Fleetwood’s lowest cost DP (the Pace Arrow). The Disco would be on par with a WBGO Journey.

So the models are not equal.

Before I bought I spent weeks reading the owners forums here. I was looking at Fleetwood, but read of the same problems over and over again, year after year, on the Fleetwoods. Not so on Newmar, Tiffins or WBGOs.

We chose the floor plan we liked best and WBGO won out. It’s a great coach and company, we’re pretty happy with our experience. So glad we didn’t by a Fleetwood or Thor.

+1 Have owned both Fleetwood and Winnebago. Would go with the Winnie. I don't know if 3 years of warranty is worth $35K. I also don't believe that a 2018/19 Winnie is going to lose so much value the day it's driven off the lot that it will be only worth what a 2015 Discovery is, especially if you've done your homework and are getting the kind of new purchase discount you should be.

Sandy Swede 05-26-2018 10:05 AM

Tough one. All things being equal (and they never are), I would go with the Winnie. However, you must prepare yourself for spending a significant amount of time at the factory or dealer working out the bugs/defects in the first year. Where do you anticipate you will take it for warranty work? Many dealers now have a policy, "We will not do warranty work (or put you to the back of the line) if you didn't purchase it here." How far away will you have to take it for said warranty work? Just because you have a warranty doesn't mean you can actually get warranty work done. With the Discovery, even though the warranty has expired, the important issues have been addressed. Your third-party inspection (critical!) will confirm this.