iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Pace Arrow: PACE ARROW owners group (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/pace-arrow-owners-group-393245.html)

dbemowsk 08-25-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcasson (Post 4910978)
Iíve had this problem and it was resolved with a new fuel pump; however, I plan to place an adhesive heat shield on it to prevent future occurrences. Hope this helps...

I am curious what kind of heat shield you used? Did you wrap the fuel pump in the heat shield material, or did you place it between the pump and the motor somehow?

daveandcarol 09-01-2019 10:21 PM

Time to post something to pull this back on the main page so it doesn't get lost.
Did a dumb thing today and damaged my rear cap (as in pilled one side loose from the coach and ripped off the bottom part). My fault completely. Time to learn fiberglass repair. Question: the inside of the cap has a black rough textured surface. Is this undercoating of some sort, paint or the actual fiberglass material? (I know, grind or scrape some off to see, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand?)

dbemowsk 09-02-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveandcarol (Post 4937710)
Time to post something to pull this back on the main page so it doesn't get lost.
Did a dumb thing today and damaged my rear cap (as in pilled one side loose from the coach and ripped off the bottom part). My fault completely. Time to learn fiberglass repair. Question: the inside of the cap has a black rough textured surface. Is this undercoating of some sort, paint or the actual fiberglass material? (I know, grind or scrape some off to see, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand?)

I am trying to understand what you mean by the rear cap?

daveandcarol 09-02-2019 09:12 PM

The big piece of fiberglass that covers the back of the coach. It was fastened to the main structure by a row of pop rivets and a continuous metal bar. Caught the bottom part, pulled the whole right side free and tore off a big chunk of the corner below the tail lights. Assume it's repairable rather than getting an entire new (used) cap. Going to get an estimate on reattaching it, I'll work on the fiberglass repair myself. Or maybe I'll turn it in to insurance, just need to see the repair cost versus my deductible...

dbemowsk 09-02-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveandcarol (Post 4939201)
The big piece of fiberglass that covers the back of the coach. It was fastened to the main structure by a row of pop rivets and a continuous metal bar. Caught the bottom part, pulled the whole right side free and tore off a big chunk of the corner below the tail lights. Assume it's repairable rather than getting an entire new (used) cap. Going to get an estimate on reattaching it, I'll work on the fiberglass repair myself. Or maybe I'll turn it in to insurance, just need to see the repair cost versus my deductible...

IF it is just the flat back panel of the coach, I would think you should be able to buy a flat fiberglass sheet from somewhere. Just cut out the bad spot, cut a piece to fit and fiberglass the seam. It would definitely be easier than the rear piece I had to repair on my rear top corner. Can you post a picture of the damage? https://dan.bemowski.info/wp-content...2/rear_pic.jpg

JohnRR 09-02-2019 11:50 PM

Got any pictures you can post of it?

mikecav 09-03-2019 05:58 PM

2005 pace arrow 36D water filtration system
 
Anyone know the location of the onboard filter for the water filtration system?...thanks

PappaBull 09-03-2019 07:24 PM

mine is in the dump station bay.

daveandcarol 09-03-2019 08:09 PM

Will take a photo and post it. My rear cap has an offset below the tail lights. Also, the tail lights wrap partially around the corner. The part that came off was below and beside them (2 pieces). I will probably try to reattach those pieces myself after we get to AZ for the winter. The back side of the cap is black and very rough. I'm trying to figure out if that is an undercoating of some sort or the actual fiberglass (that color has me puzzled). I'll have to scrape some of the surface off to see.

dbemowsk 09-03-2019 09:13 PM

This was the repair job I did on the earlier pic of the upper back corner.
https://dan.bemowski.info/wp-content...917_064954.jpg

Had to make my own form for the fiberglass.
https://dan.bemowski.info/wp-content..._from_mold.jpg

PappaBull 09-04-2019 05:39 AM

great work, looks great. had to compare pictures to even know where the damage was.

dbemowsk 09-04-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappaBull (Post 4940878)
great work, looks great. had to compare pictures to even know where the damage was.

Thanks. For my first ever fiberglass repair, I think it turned out great.

daveandcarol 09-08-2019 07:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here, finally, photos of my torn rear cap. What doesn't show is the edge of the cap is pulled loose all the way to the top of the coach. To fix that, the vertical trim will have to come off. reattach the cap (with screws since the holes are torn out) and reinstall the trim strip (after straightening the end of it). The fiberglass repair I think I can handle myself.

dbemowsk 09-08-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveandcarol (Post 4947907)
Here, finally, photos of my torn rear cap. What doesn't show is the edge of the cap is pulled loose all the way to the top of the coach. To fix that, the vertical trim will have to come off. reattach the cap (with screws since the holes are torn out) and reinstall the trim strip (after straightening the end of it). The fiberglass repair I think I can handle myself.

That doesn't look that much tougher than the repair I did to mine. The trick would be to make a form to put the fiberglass over similar to what I did. As a release agent for the form to get the fiberglass off, I just used Vaseline and rubbed it over the whole form, and then put the fiberglass over that. You will probably have to take the whole cap off to do the repair though which might be hard. On mine, luckily I only had to take one side of the top cap off to repair it since there was a seam just past the backup camera.

As for the vertical trim, you might want to get some sheet metal screws that have a fender type head like these:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....VID6x%2BEL.jpg
The larger screw head can then act as a clamp to hold the cap in place since your screw holes are torn out.

I assume you checked the RV salvage yards for the part. When I checked on mine, none of the salvage yards had that part, and fleetwood said that they no longer had the mold for my part.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.