iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Pace Arrow: PACE ARROW owners group (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/pace-arrow-owners-group-393245.html)

Drenski 10-14-2020 05:16 PM

I just went through this last year. I have a 2003 37A Pace Arrow on a Workhorse chassis. If you have a 30amp setup then you need to replace your AC with another power saver. After talking with Fleetwood I learned that my RV has a "smart" system that monitors the electricity draw and if it detects low current somewhere, it will automatically "shed" one of the AC units until the current is restored. It is for this reason that my RV is set up with a 30 amp service. If you put a different AC unit other than a power saver it could possibly damage your smart system if you have one. My two AC units are a Power Saver 1, which I believe is 11k BTU unit and a Power Saver 3, which I believe is a 13.5k BTU unit. The Fleetwood guy told me I probably could go with two 13.5k units but I decided to just go back with the original. I purchased my units from Coleman (Airxcel) direct. They get several AC units back that are damaged, usually just to the shroud, from shipping. They fix them and sell them for a discount with full warranty. Call Deborah at 316.832.3423. She was very helpful as were the techs. Hope this helps.

Neicy 10-15-2020 07:03 AM

AC Replacement

Drenski,
Thanks, my coach also has the smart shed system. I put an order in with RV
Products (Division of Airxcel Inc) Monday and currently on backorder. Derek Pinkston, whom I talked with felt sure I would have my unit prior to end of December trip. However I am going to call Coleman today and inquire. I contacted 7 sources and everyone said "currently out of stock due to manufacturer shut down". Fingers crossed.

Neicy 10-15-2020 07:06 AM

AC Replacement

BTW, The unit was $649 plus shipping which is at least $200 less than any of the other websites I checked. Camping world, Lazy Days and several websites I don't remember were in the upper $800's.

Neicy 10-15-2020 06:10 PM

Light under Step

Was wondering if you or anyone knows what turns on the amber lens light under the steps

Kluffinator 10-15-2020 06:22 PM

PACE ARROW owners group

The porch light switch.

Neicy 10-16-2020 06:13 AM

Light under Step

OK thanks, will troubleshoot, maybe bulb??

Kluffinator 10-16-2020 07:22 AM

PACE ARROW owners group

Bulb, fuse, switch, bulb socket, wire continuity, ground.

Iíd trouble shoot in that order.

Might be something as simple of a bit of corrosion given the location

Drenski 10-19-2020 09:24 AM

No problem Neicy. My amber light under the entry stairs turns on with the porch light switch as well. I do have an amber light towards the back of my coach on the drivers side that seems to come on whenever it wants. I've asked on the forums before if anyone knows how to operate it and with no luck. No switches anywhere in the coach I can find. One evening I noticed it was on however I didn't do anything different that I could think of.

Kluffinator 10-19-2020 11:49 AM

Drenski

If the is the round light up high it is operated by the hood light switch located near the switches for the windshield fans and radio cut-over switch. If itís coming in and off intermittently it may be a loose connection.

Neicy 10-19-2020 12:46 PM

Solar Mounted on AC

What is the purpose or what does the small 5W Solar charger on the 2004 Pace Arrow's 13,500 AC Cover? I am thinking I might have read it trickles to the chassis battery??
Still trying to track down the cranking issue. It isn't the starter because it will crank with the house battery. Both Batteries register the same Amps on Amperage Monitor.
Also the issue with the step light was the bulb.
Thanks!!!

Technoid 10-19-2020 01:57 PM

I have a 1999 vision. The bedroom slide out had jamed open and sheared the drive motor roll pin. It seems Fleetwood does not care about alignment when building slide outs. Mine had a gear and rack installed wrong from the beginning. It caused the metal edge of the plate to tear. I had to redrill the ram end mounting holes to correctly center the plate. Added grease to the drive and vasoline to the slides edges. I also placed wood guides on the floor at the end of the bed box to keep it center. Roller kits for the plate at the floor opening. So far so good and smooth operating. If your slides show any signs of sway movement or squeeks I would check the drive alignment. It's a real head ache being at a campground a stuck slide and no tools or parts .

Kluffinator 10-19-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neicy (Post 5486957)
What is the purpose or what does the small 5W Solar charger on the 2004 Pace Arrow's 13,500 AC Cover? I am thinking I might have read it trickles to the chassis battery??

Still trying to track down the cranking issue. It isn't the starter because it will crank with the house battery. Both Batteries register the same Amps on Amperage Monitor.

Also the issue with the step light was the bulb.

Thanks!!!

Pretty sure thatís what it does. Offsets parasitic loads.

Hmm. So the starter will turn over the engine when you use the auxiliary start to direct current to the starter from the house batteries. But engine wonít crank normally otherwise?

And the engine battery is charged up and the terminals are clean.

Well usually if something electrical doesnít work itís an open circuit somewhere. Time to check the wiring diagram.

vagaron 10-19-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neicy (Post 5486957)

It's probably the same setup as my '06 PA: the small solar panel maintains charge on the house batteries provided there's not a drain.

I also had problems with the chassis batt often going out and needing to use the house batts for help. Finally, a good, new battery was the answer. Now when I park the rig for any length of time w/o shore power, I turn off the main and house batts to avoid any draining.

Technoid 10-20-2020 03:27 AM

I used flex seal paint on the roof. $87 a gallon but it worked great. No leaks. Water beads up and runs right off.