iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Pace Arrow: PACE ARROW owners group (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/pace-arrow-owners-group-393245.html)

donnyman 04-14-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordInWoods (Post 6146821)
@donnyman super helpful info. Thanks very much for posting! I have the same unit and the autobrake is currently disconnected. Long story short, it engages but within 30 seconds to a minute it releases. I purchased the unit last year so it was like this when I bought it. I will be diving into this as soon as snow melts around here. Previous owner replaced the RGSwitch but I[ve co,e torelize he did everything halfway, so I suspect he replaced it with a used switch. Beyond that I'll just be trouble shooting to my hearts content lol

I think we may be hijackingantoher thread.....should we start a thread dedicated to the 1998 Vision 36b autobrake?


NO this thread will do.............. It sounds to me you need to service the pump hydraulic tank check it and let me know. It uses transmission fluid.

hionjazz 04-14-2022 08:35 AM

Buzzer
 
I'm sorry I explained it wrong. When the coach starts (jacks are up) there is a Ding Ding letting know the brake is on. When the Auto Brake was not "locked up" I would shift into drive or reverse the system would take a couple of seconds to do its thing and the coach would be able to move. Now that the auto brake will not release the ding continues (in any gear)the brake will not disengage and the coach will not move. I want to thank you again for taking the time to read my posts and help me out. Happy Easter to you and your Family.

yyzav8r 04-15-2022 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer15015 (Post 5771643)
:dance::dance::dance:

Hello, I have the same Pace Arrow 37C. Do you recall the length of the sewer pipe extension pieces? What type of hardware supports the pipe at the end?

Thank you.

donnyman 04-15-2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hionjazz (Post 6147946)
I'm sorry I explained it wrong. When the coach starts (jacks are up) there is a Ding Ding letting know the brake is on. When the Auto Brake was not "locked up" I would shift into drive or reverse the system would take a couple of seconds to do its thing and the coach would be able to move. Now that the auto brake will not release the ding continues (in any gear)the brake will not disengage and the coach will not move. I want to thank you again for taking the time to read my posts and help me out. Happy Easter to you and your Family.


It still sounds like you need to put some fluid in the brake pump tank, The cylinder that releases the brake is hydraulic. the delay before brake release indicates the release cylinder is not getting enough fluid pressure you will have to check by looking under your unit in the black box if the tank is full you will have to go further with diagnoses. look at the pictures I sent, the fluid tank is shown.

donnyman 04-15-2022 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yyzav8r (Post 6148897)
Hello, I have the same Pace Arrow 37C. Do you recall the length of the sewer pipe extension pieces? What type of hardware supports the pipe at the end?

Thank you.


Sewer pipe extension pieces? A better explanation is needed or better yet a picture.
Are you referring to the black and gray waste water pipes?

yyzav8r 04-15-2022 06:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by donnyman (Post 6148913)
Sewer pipe extension pieces? A better explanation is needed or better yet a picture.
Are you referring to the black and gray waste water pipes?

Sure, attached is what one user built. I would like to do the same on my Pace Arrow 37C.

lonfu 04-16-2022 05:20 AM

I have perm moved the sewer termination on my last 3 moho's to the exterior of the coach and sealed around where they exit to prevent rodents from entering into the tank compartment. I've noticed less smell problems in the coach too. Not sure why manufactures seem to not like put the terminus on the outside of the coach. It makes no sense when the blade valves fail that they leak inside the coach rather than outside on the ground. the other plus is that when the grey water tank gets full I can "drip" drain the grey tank as I drive.

donnyman 04-16-2022 08:45 AM

yyzav8r


I like the idea of external waste pipes but fear the possibility of them being broken, I have had two tires blow out and the damage was substantial. the measurements you asked for in this case would be particular to your coach and installation. my future upgrade will include waste valve replacement so I may investigate a external set up also.................. Good luck!

AZLegend 04-16-2022 09:55 AM

Electrical - 1993 PA Turbo DP
 
3 Attachment(s)
While underneath lubing my chassis I discovered a very corroded "junction" mounted along the driver's side rail and just forward of the rear axle. I do not know the purpose or function and the electrical schematics I have do not show this connection.

Any ideas? Plan to clean, repair and reconnect as needed.
Pics in order first is forward side, 2nd is side view and 3rd is rearward side of "junction".

Attachment 362626
Attachment 362628
Attachment 362629

jaearhart 04-17-2022 08:28 AM

Your in a very cautious situation if you don't understand the automotive parts your looking at. That one rectangle item is a relay with two wires connected to the terminals. You need to have a new relay and wire terminsld at hand before wire brushing to clean.

jaearhart 04-17-2022 08:36 AM

It's normal to start with a wire brush and cleaner. BUT before doing anything disconnect the positive battery terminal. If you start wire brushing to clean with voltage present you will make contact and short items out and do more damage than you desire. Two things destroy electricity. Dirt / Heat .

AZLegend 04-17-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaearhart (Post 6151201)
Your in a very cautious situation if you don't understand the automotive parts your looking at. That one rectangle item is a relay with two wires connected to the terminals. You need to have a new relay and wire terminsld at hand before wire brushing to clean.

jaearhart - appreciate the response and guidance. All said, without knowing it's purpose, where would one begin to look for such a relay?

AZLegend 04-18-2022 07:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of updated photos after "cleaning" the electrical contacts. Did not try to disconnect as it appears they could be difficult with the level of corrosion and don't yet have a known replacement solution.
Attachment 362823

Attachment 362824

jaearhart 04-18-2022 09:59 AM

The relays and other components are all standard automotive parts. I see one wire loose from the connection . I'd use Bolt Buster spray on the terminals . Work the nuts off the studs . When replacing nuts and all cleaned up spray everything with cosmoliene . Like the military uses. The relays must be good or you would be experiencing other problems.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.