iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Radiator Failure 2014 Anthem (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/radiator-failure-2014-anthem-394022.html)

Jerry0312 05-30-2018 01:05 PM

Radiator Failure 2014 Anthem

3 Attachment(s)
Well, my time finally arrived. Came in from trip and backed into coach house, when I went back out the next morning I found the dreaded red puddle. Further examination shows the damp stain at the lower rear core bulkhead connection.
Mine has lasted longer than others in my date range (2014), mileage 35813. One factor may be cycles since when I fire up it is usually 350-500 miles before shutdown.
Called Cabin Diesel and have scheduled install for June 15. Radiator shipped from Spartan Charlotte today so should arrive in plenty of time. Hopefully they have this vendor thing worked out by now.

Anthem15 05-30-2018 01:27 PM

Sorry guys. I just went through this myself. Mine started as a very slow drip and got worse over about 5,000 miles. I was able to squeak in the 3-year warranty time frame. Is Spartan stepping to the plate and covering anything? Good luck with the repair. You'll be back on the road in no time! :cool:

lowejug 05-30-2018 04:44 PM

Yep... been there done that... your symptoms are spot on ... takes to about 30 ish thousand miles then boom...
your clearly outta your 3 year... which sucks...
Just as I keep saying with these model years on this faulty radiator itís not a matter of if but when..
Good luck

Gary.Jones 05-30-2018 04:51 PM

Jerry

Im sorry to read of your problem... but it is classic and your symptoms are classic. Many of us can relate.... and some multipe times. Tell them to take it out from the bottom....

Gary

Jerry0312 05-30-2018 08:11 PM

I am hopeful that I will only go through this one time. Sure is impacting travel plans.
On the bright side, it waited until we were home before it leaked. Thanks for the responses. Will advise outcome.

RickWhite 06-05-2018 03:01 PM

Just before heading out last month I noticed during pre-trip being down almost 2 quarts of antifreeze. I could not find any spots on the shop floor or mostiure at the base of the radiator. Got to our destination almost 1500 miles away and it was low again. Only about 1/2 quart this time. On the trip home, when we would shut down for the night, it would drip until the engine/radiator would cool. The trip home used the remaining 1 1/2 quart of the original gallon I purchased to get home.

Now got to get the appointment scheduled with authorized Spartan dealer to get resolved. Is there much of a wait on getting the parts? We are home now but heading back out in a few weeks. Hopeing this not one of those fixes that will keep in the coach in the shop for weeks.

Cousin Ed 06-05-2018 04:45 PM

We just had ours replaced by a local truck shop. Spartan sent them the radiator within a week.

DebbieMH 06-05-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickWhite (Post 4226479)
Just before heading out last month I noticed during pre-trip being down almost 2 quarts of antifreeze. I could not find any spots on the shop floor or mostiure at the base of the radiator. Got to our destination almost 1500 miles away and it was low again. Only about 1/2 quart this time. On the trip home, when we would shut down for the night, it would drip until the engine/radiator would cool. The trip home used the remaining 1 1/2 quart of the original gallon I purchased to get home.

Now got to get the appointment scheduled with authorized Spartan dealer to get resolved. Is there much of a wait on getting the parts? We are home now but heading back out in a few weeks. Hopeing this not one of those fixes that will keep in the coach in the shop for weeks.

You will need to contact Spartan and they will tell you where to take it to get the pictures they need. Once they get the pictures and access that it is indeed the radiator, they will send out the radiator and it only takes a day and a half to install. Been there ... done that ... twice!

Gregory0495 06-05-2018 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Be sure to check your expansion tank for rust and if so have them replace it.Attachment 205924