iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Wrapping or painting my 1996 Savanna TT to honor law enforcement etc. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/wrapping-or-painting-my-1996-savanna-tt-to-honor-law-enforcement-etc-400012.html)

jzaldivar 07-07-2018 09:41 PM

Wrapping or painting my 1996 Savanna TT to honor law enforcement etc.

So I bought this about a year ago and had idea to wrap it or paint it some way to honor/support law enforcement- Iím fed up of all the Negative publicity on Police Officers
Iíve been saving some money but all options are starting to sound like itíll will be too much of an impact financially.

My plan was to wrap it in black , white with blue stripe along one side or something along those lines.
Does anyone know any shop in CA that will be willing to support my idea and give me a good price?
Also will welcome ideas.

Thanks....

IggyTech 07-07-2018 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great idea. Here is someone I know who did the same for the military.

Piros1 07-08-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzaldivar (Post 4279323)
So I bought this about a year ago and had idea to wrap it or paint it some way to honor/support law enforcement- Iím fed up of all the Negative publicity on Police Officers
Iíve been saving some money but all options are starting to sound like itíll will be too much of an impact financially.

My plan was to wrap it in black , white with blue stripe along one side or something along those lines.
Does anyone know any shop in CA that will be willing to support my idea and give me a good price?
Also will welcome ideas.

Thanks....

Iím not anywhere near you but since I am in the Sign business I will give you a heads up regarding a vehicle wrap. Typically you can expect 3-5 years out of your wrap job. Particularly in the Southwest, your sun exposure is pretty intense. I have seen wraps last longer but usually within 3-5 years you will see degrading of the product but it is much better now than in the past. That said if you have a base color you want to start with I would recommend painting the RV with your base color so when the wrap fails you donít go back to ground zero. Also by painting the base color your wrap should be less costly now and if you want to replace or upgrade it down the road. They only have to do a partial wrap to get the graphics of your choice. Check online for vehicle wraps in CA Iím sure there are many companies in your area that do this. Just tell them what you are trying to achieve and your purpose, one of them may jump on board and give a discounted price at their cost. Even at cost this will be pretty expensive, the material to do an RV wrap is costly and the project is labor intensive.

jzaldivar 07-08-2018 03:24 PM

Iím starting to feel like Iím trying to bite of more than I can chew...

I even thought of reaching out for sponsors but I donít know.

Thanks .

450Donn 07-08-2018 03:46 PM

Wrap is a 5 year deal. Paint is forever.
Wrap figure $10,000. Paint in Mexico figure 5K depending on how involved you get

jzaldivar 07-08-2018 10:39 PM

Wrapping or painting my 1996 Savanna TT to honor law enforcement etc.

Wow didnít realize wrap would cost so much...
I thought about painting in Mexico too but with what Iím trying to achieve it probably wonít make it back in one piece.
Iím Mexican and it saddens me to say that but itís true.

Iíve saved up 1500- figure if I can get some one to paint it for 2500-3500 with a blue or black base for a nice backdrop
I can start found around shops to donate large decals and on the rear cap list all who donated...