iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Handyman Special (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/handyman-special-408910.html)

Sbrownstein 08-30-2018 05:06 PM

Handyman Special

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this coach in a parking lot...obviously it runs and the owner is the kind of guy who can make anything work!!!!

WinnieView 08-30-2018 05:21 PM

We've seen that same MH or one just like it. Looks and function don't always go hand-in-hand. ;)

Isaac-1 08-30-2018 08:26 PM

Around here coaches like that get bought up by deer hunters, they make one last drive out into the woods where someone has a long term deer lease on timber company land, and never move again until they get dragged out of the woods in 20 years when the timber gets harvested.

Ancabuild 08-30-2018 09:12 PM

All I can say is you better be a heck of a handyman to buy something like that

ecurb74 08-30-2018 10:33 PM

Poor people have poor ways! I should know, I was poor for a lot of years.

NLOVNIT 08-30-2018 11:06 PM

Weathered plywood for doors is all the rage. Like the zip tie holding the awning arm from coming down.

Lori-

ThePowells 08-31-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4375617)
Weathered plywood for doors is all the rage. Like the zip tie holding the awning arm from coming down.

Lori-

Maybe they should have tried Flex Seal instead of the Gorilla tape.

tcg 08-31-2018 05:40 AM

We stay in lots of state parks and every weekend we see all sorts of RVs, trailers, pop ups, and tents.

They range from shiny and new to well kept vintage to oh my gosh that's in tough shape.

The one thing they all have in common?

They all show up, set up, pull out the chairs, and all sorts of various campground things like tables, canopies, cornhole games, etc...

And they are all having the time of their life. We enjoy sitting outside and watching all the kids run around playing, laughing, and just being kids.

The point is so what if that RV isn't in the best shape, whoever owns it owns it for a reason. Whether it's their home or they are just out making memories with family and freinds more power to them.

Or... from what I've read in other topics maybe that rig is new from the factory.

Sbrownstein 08-31-2018 05:54 AM

What amazed me is that it wasn't a deer camp RV...it obviously runs so it is clear that "someone" can fix anything!

Tjclarke696 08-31-2018 06:14 AM

Except for the door (or lack of one) and the awning the rig doesn’t look half bad.

Oldman5145 08-31-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4375617)

Lori-

Lori, don't laugh! My maiden voyage in this MH was to the beach. Weather was perfect great site and mid week we walked back to the MH from the beach to find our lateral arm Carefree of Colorado awning laying down the side of the coach.:eek: The pivot pin was defective and failed. Zip-ties and a 10' ladder was my fix until Carefree shipped the parts to repair it. While camped the ladder held up the awning and when I rolled it up I needed the ladder and zip-ties to hold the awning to the MH. Carefree, Thor and my dealer were great, but I am no fan of the lateral arm awnings.

Thank you" Lord" for ZIP-TIES! Never leave home without them!:thumb:
Jim

Kenaleslie 08-31-2018 07:26 AM

Believe it or not some people buy what fits there needs or what they can afford. Not what they can't afford so they can show it off to there neighbors. The owner is probably like me when I bought it I don't remember anyone help me pay for it and I don't see any one else name on the title.

CountryB 08-31-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecurb74 (Post 4375581)
Poor people have poor ways! I should know, I was poor for a lot of years.

Me too. It took awhile but I got a little money saved up, and then I bought a coach. Now I'm poor again. :D

ScoobyDoo 08-31-2018 09:16 AM

From reading about the QC issues on new ones, and the trouble dealers have fixing the problems I wonder who is better of; The guy that buys that one, or use the money as a down payment, and fix their new one, or make payments on something they can't use...