iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   1000 Trails Membership Changes? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/1000-trails-membership-changes-419747.html)

aslaksonal 11-13-2018 07:04 PM

1000 Trails Membership Changes?

Got a call today to set up a phone/internet session one-on-one with a 1000 Trails "membership counselor" to discuss changes to the 1000 Trails Membership structure. Caller had no details - just setting up appointments. Anybody else getting calls? Any idea what's coming down? We won't be able to get our one-on-one before mid-December, but we are really curious what they're pitching.

NLOVNIT 11-13-2018 07:54 PM

Are you a TT member? In this day & age of spammers, I would call TT directly to ask about the call you received. Also, if you have caller ID on your phone, you could redial the number to see where it goes.

Lori-

Bill 3rd 11-13-2018 08:03 PM

I've never got a call from TT. Don't fall for it. There are independents who try to up sell you. They don't work for TT.

Winterbagoal 11-13-2018 08:22 PM

Found this (older) vid out there. Maybe it's explained in it?
Just a guess. I know zip about Thousand Trails campground, except that there's one across the river from me in Michigan. Looked OK when we did a quick recon drive by last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZV07hxmD8

rkresge 11-13-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslaksonal (Post 4498472)
Got a call today to set up a phone/internet session one-on-one with a 1000 Trails "membership counselor" to discuss changes to the 1000 Trails Membership structure. Caller had no details - just setting up appointments. Anybody else getting calls? Any idea what's coming down? We won't be able to get our one-on-one before mid-December, but we are really curious what they're pitching.

Guessing you're a Camping Pass/Zone Pass member, right?

Roger

RRR 11-13-2018 09:37 PM

I have the Zone Pass and six or so months ago I was getting calls. I ignored them for a while but the caller always left a message. After about three messages I called and yes she was very evasive on what it was and she was just scheduling call backs.

I think I scheduled a call but then ignored it when they called. No message and never heard anything since.

I never doubted that it was a legitimate call from TT, but then who knows.

aslaksonal 11-13-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4498550)
Are you a TT member? In this day & age of spammers, I would call TT directly to ask about the call you received. Also, if you have caller ID on your phone, you could redial the number to see where it goes.

Lori-

We are 1000 Trails members. We have an Elite class membership - far as I know, there's no way to improve on that, unless they've decided to open up some of the Encore parks. And even then we'd not be interested - with one exception, there isn't an Encore park on the west coast we'd be interested in spending time at. And I'm reasonably sure the call was legit - the number was one that 1000 Trails has used before (at least according to my phone's memory).

corjaguar 11-14-2018 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslaksonal (Post 4498472)

Yes, I got a call from a TT rep to set up an on line conference call......and yes we are TT members since 2007. The call was to see if there was any questions as to our current membership that could be upgraded. I did not sign on, but if I was interested in an upgrade, this would have been a good venue.
We are in the final years of Rv'ing and TT have served us well.....perhaps when we sell our membership, someone else can benefit from what we have enjoyed at a very reasonable rate per nite.

Bill 3rd 11-14-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslaksonal (Post 4498733)
We are 1000 Trails members. We have an Elite class membership - far as I know, there's no way to improve on that, unless they've decided to open up some of the Encore parks. And even then we'd not be interested - with one exception, there isn't an Encore park on the west coast we'd be interested in spending time at. And I'm reasonably sure the call was legit - the number was one that 1000 Trails has used before (at least according to my phone's memory).

They have a Trails Collection for $99 per year (buy it on your normal renewal date, as that's when it expires), which opens all the Encore Parks to TT members.

rkresge 11-14-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill 3rd (Post 4499063)
They have a Trails Collection for $99 per year (buy it on your normal renewal date, as that's when it expires), which opens all the Encore Parks to TT members.

Unless something has changed in the last 30 seconds since I checked this on their website, the Trails Collection add-on is $199/year.

It's interesting language, because the Trails Collection lists a little over 100 specific locations that are included. Interestingly, there are a little over 100 Encore locations. Note that even with the Trails Collection you still get the privilege of paying $$$ at some high-demand locations. One subtle advantage of the Trails Collection for Camping Pass/Zone Pass members, the locations are not limited to your zones - they're nationwide.

You got the part about the renewal date right; it expires on your annual renewal date. Doesn't make sense to buy it any other time.

I called them a while back for additional info on the Trails Collection. It seems that they have allocated a specific/limited number of sites at each location for Trails Collection members. I also heard an *unconfirmed* story that a very popular Encore location very close to me is only making water/electric sites available - no sewer. Good luck getting any official confirmation of that, though.

I'm still thinking about it, though it *could* save me a couple hundred $$$ on our annual trip to Maine. We usually stay at a KOA up there.

Roger

aslaksonal 11-14-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill 3rd (Post 4499063)

We looked at the Trails Collection when it first came out, but the clause that says when you stay at one of the Encore parks, you then have to stay out of any 1000 Trails park for at least 7 days turned us off.

Bill 3rd 11-14-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkresge (Post 4499096)
Unless something has changed in the last 30 seconds since I checked this on their website, the Trails Collection add-on is $199/year.

It's interesting language, because the Trails Collection lists a little over 100 specific locations that are included. Interestingly, there are a little over 100 Encore locations. Note that even with the Trails Collection you still get the privilege of paying $$$ at some high-demand locations. One subtle advantage of the Trails Collection for Camping Pass/Zone Pass members, the locations are not limited to your zones - they're nationwide.

You got the part about the renewal date right; it expires on your annual renewal date. Doesn't make sense to buy it any other time.

I called them a while back for additional info on the Trails Collection. It seems that they have allocated a specific/limited number of sites at each location for Trails Collection members. I also heard an *unconfirmed* story that a very popular Encore location very close to me is only making water/electric sites available - no sewer. Good luck getting any official confirmation of that, though.

I'm still thinking about it, though it *could* save me a couple hundred $$$ on our annual trip to Maine. We usually stay at a KOA up there.

Roger

You're right, I missed then 1.

TJFogelberg 11-14-2018 01:26 PM

We bought zone pass in '16 and rec'd a similar call. Then set an appt. It was a sales pitch for a membership. Best to start with zone pass in my opinion. Learn the system and talk to others before making a huge investment and lifetime commitment.

lfcjasp 11-15-2018 01:19 PM

We've been with TT since '13 and now have the Elite package. I don't recall them ever calling us. We've always dealt with the folks at the campground or I called them myself.