iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Vintage RV's (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Directv Now (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/directv-now-425935.html)

Snufy1 01-06-2019 01:01 PM

Directv Now

Do not get Directv you can't talk to a human being only text. Can't get local stations when you travel outside of your billing zip code.

After 3 weeks of waiting for a callback today I finally managed to get one and they couldn't help. When we asked for a next level manager. I was told he was supervisor. I then asked to speak to someone in America was told that he had no way to transfer a call.

Also when streaming every 5 minutes or so it stops flashes a Directv Now logo and then returns to show your watching very annoying

LJowdy 01-06-2019 02:25 PM

I've had Directv since 1994 with no problems as described. I get all my local channels virtually anywhere in the USA.

Snufy1 01-06-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJowdy (Post 4576983)
I've had Directv since 1994 with no problems as described. I get all my local channels virtually anywhere in the USA.

I had directv since the 1990s also. In a cost-cutting effort we thought we would try Directv Now the new streaming service. That is what I'm talking about

Snufy1 01-06-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufy1 (Post 4576855)
Do not get Directv you can't talk to a human being only text. Can't get local stations when you travel outside of your billing zip code.

After 3 weeks of waiting for a callback today I finally managed to get one and they couldn't help. When we asked for a next level manager. I was told he was supervisor. I then asked to speak to someone in America was told that he had no way to transfer a call.

Also when streaming every 5 minutes or so it stops flashes a Directv Now logo and then returns to show your watching very annoying

I'm sorry I left out the word Now. I ment Directv Now.

BeaverDen 02-07-2019 09:43 PM

We have it in our home, at first there were issues but now it is better than cable. Occasionally it will buffer, if it gets to be very much I power off the Tokugawa for a minute, reboot and all is well. Sometimes it will have a couple of channels that are slow but it isnít directv,now problems but a network issue

chuckbear 02-08-2019 10:51 AM

Google DirecTV Now and you will see lots of problems. They are losing more subscribers than are signing up. You have many more and better options for streaming. Chuck

cavie 02-08-2019 10:56 AM

Direct TV has been nothing but Hell since ATT took over.

Snufy1 02-09-2019 11:01 AM

Yes it has. It seams like everytime you call it ends up overseas We had DirecTV for over 20 years. We are just starting fulltime and thought we would try Direc now not a good choice for us.

I did find out with DirecTV if you want to speak to someone that really can help ask for retention they are in America and can do a lot