iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Under Dash Access (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/under-dash-access-428351.html)

HRF 01-25-2019 08:49 AM

Under Dash Access

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 39V. The cable connecting the dash heat/cool control has come loose from the unit under the dash that contains the heat exchanger and AC evaporator. The cable moves a door in that unit that determines the air temperature coming out of the dash vents. I have an access door in front of the dash so I can get to fuse panels but I cannot get to the heat/cool unit that is buried behind a lot of duct work and wiring. I do not see anyway of removing either the top of the dash or the front panel. I contacted Fleetwood tech support but they could not help and Freightliner says it is a Fleetwood problem. Can anyone tell me how to get to the heat exchanger box?

ga traveler 01-26-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRF (Post 4605515)
I have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 39V. The cable connecting the dash heat/cool control has come loose from the unit under the dash that contains the heat exchanger and AC evaporator. The cable moves a door in that unit that determines the air temperature coming out of the dash vents. I have an access door in front of the dash so I can get to fuse panels but I cannot get to the heat/cool unit that is buried behind a lot of duct work and wiring. I do not see anyway of removing either the top of the dash or the front panel. I contacted Fleetwood tech support but they could not help and Freightliner says it is a Fleetwood problem. Can anyone tell me how to get to the heat exchanger box?

We were a fleetwood dealer. On many of the diesel pushers, there was a panel beside the steps on the bottom of the dash. It was covered in carpet to hide the screws. The screws were hard to find, but once taken out the panel would pull out.

HRF 01-30-2019 07:17 AM

Ga Traveler - Thanks. Our coach has a tile floor in front of the dash. By the entrance door there is a hinged panel that drops down to cover the stairs. The small section of the front of the dash behind that fold down panel is covered in fake leather and does have a few screws in that immediate area. Is that the area you are referring to?

ga traveler 01-31-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRF (Post 4613347)
Ga Traveler - Thanks. Our coach has a tile floor in front of the dash. By the entrance door there is a hinged panel that drops down to cover the stairs. The small section of the front of the dash behind that fold down panel is covered in fake leather and does have a few screws in that immediate area. Is that the area you are referring to?

That is it! Remove the panel and you will be good to go.

HRF 02-01-2019 12:12 PM

Okay, thanks. I will try it when we get to Florida in a couple of days.