iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Login Changes - login with email soon (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/login-changes-login-with-email-soon-432594.html)

Janet H 02-27-2019 02:38 PM

Login Changes - login with email soon

Next week as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites.
Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically CampgroundReviews.com (formerly RV Park Reviews). In time you will be able to login to The Forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.

Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed. .

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

rvethereyet 02-27-2019 07:26 PM

:popcorn: Not sure of the reasoning behind the change

Yosemite77 02-27-2019 08:01 PM

I never heard of the RV Life Network. Here’s list of their sites in case you are interested. https://www.rvlifenetwork.com/rv-traveltrailer/

Winterbagoal 02-27-2019 08:13 PM

How does one delete one's own profile/account?

wagonmaster2 02-27-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvethereyet (Post 4655172)

Me neither. Seems everyone wants a persons e-mail address. Everytime I give my address to a company I'm buying from the number of undesirable incoming e-mails double within a short time.

Winterbagoal 02-27-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 (Post 4655257)
Me neither. Seems everyone wants a persons e-mail address. Everytime I give my address to a company I'm buying from the number of undesirable incoming e-mails double within a short time.

X2.

NLOVNIT 02-27-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvethereyet (Post 4655172)

The main reason, per Janet's post:
Quote:

Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically CampgroundReviews.com (formerly RV Park Reviews). In time you will be able to login to The Forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterbagoal (Post 4655227)
How does one delete one's own profile/account?

Please use the Contact Us link, found at the bottom of ever page, to request an account closure.

Lori-

KenSherwin 02-28-2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 (Post 4655257)

Keep in mind they already have it or you couldn't get email updates.

Brockx 02-28-2019 05:48 AM

I am uncomfortable with making my E Mail password available. At least that is the way I read it, or are you saying E mail password and my IRV2 password?

Matt D 02-28-2019 05:55 AM

How will this affect the search function of this website?

For example, when I refer someone to a past post, I would identify myself as Matt D, not my email.

I’m concerned this change may only lead to confusion in that situation.

-Matt

aether_one 02-28-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brockx (Post 4655497)
I am uncomfortable with making my E Mail password available. At least that is the way I read it, or are you saying E mail password and my IRV2 password?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 4655510)

For example, when I refer someone to a past post, I would identify myself as Matt D, not my email.

-Matt

They don't want your email password - your password to this site will not change unless you change it.

Usernames will not change, the only change is: you will use your email address as the Username instead of your "handle"/current username when you log into this site.

Winterbagoal 02-28-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

-Matt

I think the problem/reason is that they want to try to increase interest and traffic across all of their websites and forums. Since not everyone can have an identical "handle" username across all of them, for various reasons (already in use by someone else?), they want to use everyone's email address, assuming it's unique, and allow access to all their websites. In my opinion, it's not as simple as using a username, which we all select for simplicity, because email addresses are usually longer than usernames, and not everyone likes to type their entire email address, example JosephAverage@anydomain.com versus a username like "JoefromOhio".
I'm not saying I don't understand the reasoning behind this change, just that it should be optional.

I'm asking that the Moderators/Admin remove my username (Winterbagoal and MikeCanuck) from all their owned domains. I sent a request yesterday through the ContactUs link on the iRV2 website. If they also control WinnieOwners.com, could they please remove me from there as well? I set up MikeCanuck yesterday on iRV2 to see if I could fashion a simplified workaround, but it doesn't function as expected. So, I'll simply ask to be deleted/removed from the RV Life websites.

Admin: If it ever becomes optional to use just a username on your websites again, please drop me an email and I'll probably come back.

Thanks.

MapleKing 02-28-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfryman (Post 4655521)
They don't want your email password - your password to this site will not change unless you change it.

Usernames will not change, the only change is: you will use your email address as the Username instead of your "handle"/current username when you log into this site.

Correct. It's actually more secure as mentioned in the original post. Your username (mine is MapleKing) is visible, everyone has half of your login. Since your email address is unknown, now you have two pieces of data that are more closely held. I think it makes sense...more security and easier to remember.

Michael4104 02-28-2019 08:35 AM

How do we make this happen? I don’t mind change.

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael4104 (Post 4655680)
How do we make this happen? I don’t mind change.

The change will occur next week and you will see the change on the login screen. We just wanted to give you a heads up.

For everyone who is concerned about security...

This will be a more secure way to login. Currently 1/2 of your login credentials (your username) are publicly visible but your e-mail address is not. Your e-mail address doesn't display anywhere on this site.

You will login with your e-mail address and your current site password. You are free to update these anytime you like in your user cp.

We take member privacy seriously and don't sell, rent, loan or share members contact info. :flowers:

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

-Matt

Your username will still display as usual and you can search for posts by username as usual. Your e-mail address will not display anywhere - don't hand it out please. You will simply be logging in with your e-mail address and password rather than your username and password.

Matt D 02-28-2019 09:15 AM

Thank you for ‘Splainin this to me Janet.

Nice TT in your sig. Hope to see you on the road.

Best Regards

-Matt

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite77 (Post 4655209)
I never heard of the RV Life Network. Here’s list of their sites in case you are interested. RV LIFE Network | RV & Travel Trailer

RV Life is a venerable publication - it began as a print magazine years ago and a more recently changed to a digital publication - it's free. Here's a link: RV Life - The RV, Motorhome and Travel Trailer Lifestyle Magazine :flowers:

tmw188 02-28-2019 09:48 AM

Login Changes - login with email soon

Sorry don’t like it. Email addresses are too long. Actually on my mobile app I stay logged in an never log out. Still using the the old app too.

Scarab0088 02-28-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Do not use your email Password to log-in to iRV2...use your previously used iRV2 Password.

The only change is that at log-in, you will enter the email address you use for iRV2 - instead of your User ID.

Your ID will continue to show on all posts and such. This is the only change.

Thanks

powerboatr 02-28-2019 08:31 PM

i was unaware i had rv life sites, until i clicked it and fond the thor and other site i use..cool

will i use just one user name AKA email to log in to all of them?
thanks

NLOVNIT 02-28-2019 08:34 PM

You will have only 1 email/password to log into all the sites to which you belong, but you can have a different user name at each of them. At least you won't have to remember the different user names.

Lori-

cavie 02-28-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

You don't give out your email address password! :banghead: your email is going to be your user name. You will use the password you are using here now.:banghead:

NLOVNIT 02-28-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavie (Post 4656717)
...your email is going to be your user name. You will use the password you are using here now.:banghead:

No it isn't. That is incorrect.

Emails don't replace user names. User names will remain & still display in posts. Only the log in will change to email & password instead of user name & password.

The log in page is secure so you don't have to worry about security entering your email.

Lori-

Cpl Ed 03-01-2019 10:13 AM

junk email

I have multiple email accounts. One is for "junk" mail only. I'll use that one.

EdInArk 03-01-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmw188 (Post 4655796)
Sorry don’t like it. Email addresses are too long. Actually on my mobile app I stay logged in an never log out. Still using the the old app too.

As I understand it, you only need to use it once. Then save your login credentials below the email and password, and it should log you on without it each time you access the site from that device.

NLOVNIT 03-01-2019 10:52 AM

You don't have to change your account email, unless you want to. If you've logged in since the original announcement of the change that was posted on 2/12, you've already verified your email.

All this thread was for was to alert members that next week is when members will log in with their email/password instead of the user name/password.

Come next week, if members have any problems that can't be solved via the prompts Janet mentioned, members can use the Contact Us link (at the bottom of every page) to request assistance from a site administrator.

Lori-

SeeTheUSA 03-01-2019 10:56 AM

Next thing we’ll find out Camping World is buying Social Knowledge, LLC! (which is the business that owns iRV2 and others).

Just kidding ... I don’t think (hope!) that will happen.

:angel:

NLOVNIT 03-01-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdInArk (Post 4657436)
As I understand it, you only need to use it once. Then save your login credentials below the email and password, and it should log you on without it each time you access the site from that device.

Not quite. Some browsers will auto-fill in log in credentials - especially if the browser already has the user name cookie on it. So when a member clicks that Click Here To Log In button, it may already have that member's user name filled it & they'll have to change it to their email. If they don't they'll get an invalid user name/password error message, same as if they typed either their user name or password wrong the old way.

I'm not an IT person, but I'd think they might have to delete cookies/clear cache to get rid of that saved cookie log in so that the fields don't autofill with their user name in error. Then log in with the email/password combo & check the Remember Me box. That should, then, store the new credentials on your device for future log ins.....I think.

Lori-

EdInArk 03-01-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4657452)
Not quite. Some browsers will auto-fill in log in credentials - especially if the browser already has the user name cookie on it. So when a member clicks that Click Here To Log In button, it may already have that member's user name filled it & they'll have to change it to their email. If they don't they'll get an invalid user name/password error message, same as if they typed either their user name or password wrong the old way.

I'm not an IT person, but I'd think they might have to delete cookies/clear cache to get rid of that saved cookie log in so that the fields don't autofill with their user name in error. Then log in with the email/password combo & check the Remember Me box. That should, then, store the new credentials on your device for future log ins.....I think.

Lori-

Yeah. I use a Microsoft computer and sometimes forget that there are other devices out there that act differently.

I click the link, and it just comes up -- already logged in and aware of who I am.

Nonetheless, this is not going to be as bad as some users seem to think. ;)

Wayne M 03-02-2019 11:40 AM

Sometimes people are adverse to change, just because it is change. That is unfortunate as most change is for the good, or expansion. Lord O Mercy, think of Windows. How many changes over the years has it had and everyone has changed some type of GUI (Graphical User Interface) button and put it in a different place. Eventually one gets used to it.

Saving the log-in credentials eliminates having to sign in each and every time. There are other programs out there that will also allow for automatic log in. 1Password would be an example. Go the the IRV2 website, click on the browser extension of 1Pasword and then click on iRV2. Auto-fill takes over and you're in.

Just remember that if you clear your browser cache and history you will be clearing out all your other log-in information in most browsers.

Let the changes begin. I for one find more good on the forum than bad and would not leave just because of a log-in change.

Spaceball 03-02-2019 04:59 PM

Does this mean we can finally detach our display name from our login name (which is a bit of a security risk in and of itself with these clunky vbulletin boards)? e.g. most any other forum software on the planet allows one to have a display name rather than use the login name in posts, this is what I assumed when signed up as Spaceball, but alas I have never been able to change that, so I'm forever known as Spaceball on any post I make.

Proper security and functionality would conceal username completely, have a public display name, and of course option to conceal email addy.

Scarab0088 03-02-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceball (Post 4659250)
Does this mean we can finally detach our display name from our login name (which is a bit of a security risk in and of itself with these clunky vbulletin boards)? e.g. most any other forum software on the planet allows one to have a display name rather than use the login name in posts, this is what I assumed when signed up as Spaceball, but alas I have never been able to change that, so I'm forever known as Spaceball on any post I make.

Proper security and functionality would conceal username completely, have a public display name, and of course option to conceal email addy.

If you want to change your user name, please select the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of most every page on iRV2 to request that from the Admin here. We have to do that for you.

This will not impact the log-in change coming March 5th.

Please take a moment to check to see if your requested name is available by searching here:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/members/list/

Best luck

Shadowrip 03-02-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H (Post 4655734)
The change will occur next week and you will see the change on the login screen. We just wanted to give you a heads up.

For everyone who is concerned about security...

This will be a more secure way to login. Currently 1/2 of your login credentials (your username) are publicly visible but your e-mail address is not. Your e-mail address doesn't display anywhere on this site.

You will login with your e-mail address and your current site password. You are free to update these anytime you like in your user cp.

We take member privacy seriously and don't sell, rent, loan or share members contact info. :flowers:

Can you add more detail to changing password? What is "user cp"? I cant find changing password anywhere. Also did not find "contact us" on the bottom of any of the pages. Im moving from one phone to another and have no idea what my password is since ive only logged in once and stay logged in.
Btw - i only use my phone for access, so maybe windows interface is different from android app.

Bob_C 03-02-2019 05:34 PM

Have to be on full site.....not on phone..

zl1tpi 03-03-2019 05:52 AM

I think it's a good idea to make that change and most of the web sites are working that way, it's sure to be easier to remember our email if you are registered on multiple diffferent sites like I do.... After my search on a specific site I always delete cookies/clear cache so... :thumb:

Gerryl 03-03-2019 06:45 AM

So, just so I'm clear, what should I be doing now to make it a smooth transition? :confused:

doc 03-03-2019 08:23 AM

I don't even know what my password is. The 5th is my birthday. What a present to ask a geezer to remember something he hasn't used in years.
That may be the last you guys hear from me unless I can figure this out

CLIFFTALL 03-03-2019 08:29 AM

There’s nothing to prepare for that’s going to be difficult. You’ll need to log in using your email address and password. Your username will still show in your posts as usual and your email address will not .
If you’ve forgotten your password , please contact us using the “ contact us “ link that’s at the bottom of every page on the full site. We’ll issue you a temporary one with instructions on how to change it.

wimpy 03-03-2019 09:23 AM

For the last several days whenever I try to login on my Opera browser (which I've been using for years as my default), I'm unable to succeed. Multiple attempts are fruitless. I use Lastpass which will autofill when the login option appears. I'm shown as online in the users panel at the bottom of the page. After several attempts it will finally yield the popup page Thank you for logging in panel & dump to the main page where instead of showing my USER CP it shows REGISTER, so I'm actually not logged in.

Any suggestions as to a solution.

wimpy 03-03-2019 09:27 AM

May I recommend going to Lastpass.com.
"LastPass remembers all your passwords, so you don't have to." & it's free!! You will have to remember your master password. Write down your user name & master password & you're all set.

CLIFFTALL 03-03-2019 09:39 AM

When logging in try selecting “remember me “. You may also try clearing your browser cache and deleting iRV2 history to resolve this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 4660101)
For the last several days whenever I try to login on my Opera browser (which I've been using for years as my default), I'm unable to succeed. Multiple attempts are fruitless. I use Lastpass which will autofill when the login option appears. I'm shown as online in the users panel at the bottom of the page. After several attempts it will finally yield the popup page Thank you for logging in panel & dump to the main page where instead of showing my USER CP it shows REGISTER, so I'm actually not logged in.

Any suggestions as to a solution.

Spaceball 03-03-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarab0088 (Post 4659267)
If you want to change your user name, please select the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of most every page on iRV2 to request that from the Admin here. We have to do that for you.

This will not impact the log-in change coming March 5th.

Please take a moment to check to see if your requested name is available by searching here:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/members/list/

Best luck

I know one can involve an admin, and I thank you for the reply, however was not the point I was making. Sounds like the new changes will not separate displayed names from login names... no worries.

Scarab0088 03-04-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceball (Post 4660865)
(sic)...however was not the point I was making. Sounds like the new changes will not separate displayed names from login names... no worries.

This is not factual. After 5March, everyone will log-in with the full e-mail address associated with their account, and their existing password = login name is your full e-mail address.

This verification is what has been popping up on everyone's screen.

Once logged-in any posts, PM's, Blogs, Registry, or Classified will show your User ID.

Your e-mail will NOT be displayed to the membership population or guests.

Best luck

BillJinOR 03-04-2019 05:02 AM

I think what is confusing people is you are saying they will log in with their email and password. Many appear to think you want their EMAIL password.
You will log in with the email address you gave when you originally signed up ( so nothing iRV2 doesn’t
already know) and your iRV2 password .. the-same you used with your “username” before , NOT your email password.
Several of you are saying you log in with your “Email and password” confusing a few.

CLIFFTALL 03-04-2019 05:11 AM

You are correct [emoji106]

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJinOR (Post 4661406)
I think what is confusing people is you are saying they will log in with their email and password. Many appear to think you want their EMAIL password.
You will log in with the email address you gave when you originally signed up ( so nothing iRV2 doesn’t
already know) and your iRV2 password .. the-same you used with your “username” before , NOT your email password.
Several of you are saying you log in with your “Email and password” confusing a few.

Lanny1763 03-05-2019 05:51 AM

Cliff:

I logged out and then tried to log back in this a.m., tried with my email address in place of username. Didn't work, so I logged back in using the username/password.

Is the new way not ready yet?

Lanny

CLIFFTALL 03-05-2019 06:01 AM

Stay tuned. It’s coming soon.

Magredvet 03-05-2019 09:07 AM

I have tried three times today, to login with my email address. I have even reset my password three times, and every time it tells me incorrect user name/password.
I then come back, use my username (magredvet) and password, and it lets me straight in..???
What's up with that ?

Scarab0088 03-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magredvet (Post 4663411)
I have tried three times today, to login with my email address. I have even reset my password three times, and every time it tells me incorrect user name/password.
I then come back, use my username (magredvet) and password, and it lets me straight in..???
What's up with that ?

It's coming..this is a "hot crossover" that is not yet complete.

Thank you for your patience.

TJ 03-05-2019 11:49 AM

Sorry, but it is not "cool" to keep telling people that on a given day, they will have to change the way they log in and then not follow through in a timely manner. I have had to log in three times so far today (as in being logged out by the system) and then had to use the OLD procedure to do it...all three times.

Having worked in the IT arena for some years, I understand that "migrations" do not always go as planned. That's why you don't do "hot crossover(s)." Yes, it is more costly to run parallel systems until you get the new one right, but it avoids the kind of issues we are seeing.

TJ

Janet H 03-05-2019 12:03 PM

Patience grasshopper... we're getting there ;)

SeeTheUSA 03-05-2019 01:36 PM

Worked great for me ... the first time it was needed.

I’m feeling tranquil now.

Bob_C 03-05-2019 01:54 PM

Worked for me!....

EdInArk 03-05-2019 01:58 PM

Today as advertised. Not at the crack of dawn, but today nonetheless. :thumb:

wrlwnd 03-05-2019 02:01 PM

I refreshed in my browser and I had to log back in. I did so, but I am not appearing to be truly logged in. I have not had to relog in the app yet. I have reloaded and deleted cookies for IRV2 and still cannot log in on the laptop.

NLOVNIT 03-05-2019 02:25 PM

Please check the Remember Me box when you log in. If you don't you can get logged out on page changes, especially if you're browser security is set too high.

Lori-

Lanny1763 03-05-2019 04:22 PM

Good to go, I must've tried too early.

Wayne M 03-05-2019 05:01 PM

Worked like a charm.

Winterbagoal 03-05-2019 06:07 PM

This change assumes everyone uses only 1 email address everywhere. I don't. I have multiple email addresses and use them for various reasons, some are "throw aways" that I don't care if they get spammed (and they usually do). Some are used for greater privacy, and some are used for historical and convenience reasons.
So, the idea that everyone can simply switch to their email address, as their login id, doesn't take this into account, and adds to the (already growing) confusing learning curve that appears to have occurred as of today.
I only have one "username" that I use across many RV related forums. It was simpler for me. Just sayin'......:angel:

Scarab0088 03-05-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterbagoal (Post 4664067)
This change assumes everyone uses only 1 email address everywhere. I don't.It was simpler for me. Just sayin'...(sic)...:angel

Your account at iRV2 only has one e-mail address associated with it.

That is what is being used here for log-in for the reasons posted above regarding the RVLife Community of websites.

Best luck

Winterbagoal 03-05-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarab0088 (Post 4664073)
Your account at iRV2 only has one e-mail address associated with it.

That is what is being used here for log-in for the reasons posted above regarding the RVLife Community of websites.

Best luck

Yes, but I used a different email account at WinnieOwners.com. Same username. That's one of yours, isn't it? I also use another one at classbforum with a different username, or maybe it matches one of the others, i haven't been there much lately, so don't recall. It's yours as well, no?
I thought the point of this change was so we could use our "only" email address to access all your websites/forums? It doesn't work that way for me, at least.
Best luck to you, too.
EDIT: I just realized I have a username/account on RV Forum. It's a different username, but I don't think it does email notifications, so it probably doesn't matter. It's yours, too, I believe. Just for the record.

NLOVNIT 03-05-2019 06:24 PM

This is new to us, so you may not have issues having a different email for an account at another RV Life site. If you don't have a problem logging in, no matter what RV Life site you are accessing, then I guess you're good.

Although, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a single sign on for all RV Life sites, I'd think.

Lori-

Winterbagoal 03-05-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4664092)
Although, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a single sign on for all RV Life sites, I'd think.

Lori-

Agreed. However, I didn't implement this change. The RV Life Group powers that be decided it was the way to go, to allow users to (easily??) access other sites in your group of forums/websites. I don't know for sure if it makes managing the user accounts easier for you, if everyone uses one email address for all of their access requirements, but it probably does from your perspective.
I was fine using multiple usernames and multiple email addresses for different sites. My browsers (yes, I use several of them, too) had all the remember userids/passwords and autofills set and it was a no brainer to login anywhere. With most newer browsers able to remember userids/passwords and autofill them, it wasn't necessary for me to try to use my email address as my loginid across multiple websites. The browser's autofill handled it when it recognized the login webpage. Now I have to edit out the old username/password combos, then login manually and try to get my browser(s) to remember them all over again. For many of us, it's a pain in the you know what to change to using email id instead of username, because our browsers already remember the logins by username.

Some of the usernames and emails I'm using are legacy accounts, migrated over when you acquired the other sites. ClassBForum as an example.
RV Forum is also a legacy account and id/username/email, but as I said, I don't think it uses email notifications about topics and forums, so it's irrelevant.
Anyway, it's your forum group, your websites, and so you make the rules. It's just added a lot of chaos to the process, based on all the questions I'm seeing in this thread, and it might have been better to leave well enough alone.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is sometimes very true. :cool:

NLOVNIT 03-05-2019 09:56 PM

We understand change is difficult. No one likes it, but it's necessary to survive. If we didn't change we'd all still be amoebas swimming in primordial ooze.

Some adapt, others can't or won't. Most of you don't remember we went through the same thing 10 years ago when the site's software & the entire look changed. You'd have thought the sky was falling & it was the end of the world. :eek: Did it/was it? No. Some members left. We worked through the bugs & issues. iRV2 became better. At that time we had ~50,000 members. Now we're closing in on 1/4 million members. Change was good. If we hadn't changed, we wouldn't have what we have now.

It may seem complicated & not make sense to you. Just give it a chance.:flowers:

Lori-

Bob_C 03-06-2019 07:01 AM

What's going on with phone app?....says no permission to post and no place to sign in....using a Droid phone....ok, found where to log in, but won't accept password...why doesn't the same password work on phone ?

Spk64 03-06-2019 07:10 AM

Try logging in with username and not email on the app. The change to the app may not have been rolled in yet.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 07:20 AM

Tried that....no love....have no choice but to wait.....

Spk64 03-06-2019 07:24 AM

That is odd. I logged out of the IOS app and logged back in with username and pwd.
Not sure if the andorid app would be any different.

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob caldwell (Post 4664572)
What's going on with phone app?....says no permission to post and no place to sign in....using a Droid phone....ok, found where to log in, but won't accept password...why doesn't the same password work on phone ?

What are you using to log in in the username space. Email address or you’re username ?

Bob_C 03-06-2019 07:27 AM

Tried both, but now timed out after using all my tries to log in...shouldn't the same password that's used on here also work on phone?

cavie 03-06-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowrip (Post 4659275)
Can you add more detail to changing password? What is "user cp"? I cant find changing password anywhere. Also did not find "contact us" on the bottom of any of the pages. Im moving from one phone to another and have no idea what my password is since ive only logged in once and stay logged in.
Btw - i only use my phone for access, so maybe windows interface is different from android app.

This info is for a computer. Probably won't work on a phone. Phones are for phone calls. LOL

USER CP is at the top left corner blue line of every page. Contact us is at the bottom left side black line on every page. scroll down :thumb:

cavie 03-06-2019 07:37 AM

I don't understand all the confusion. All I did was go to my log in page, remove my user name and type in my email address. BOOM Done! hit save on the is device. Finished.

it helps to use a computer and not a phone I guess.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 07:44 AM

I never log out on phone app, but this morning it won't let me post or sign in.....laptop is fine....and only log out here to clear cookies..

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 07:50 AM

Try deleting and reinstalling the app

wildtoad 03-06-2019 07:53 AM

Used the website on both iPhone and iPad. Works fine.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifftall (Post 4664633)
Try deleting and reinstalling the app

Did that also.....no love yet....will wait a bit.....

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildtoad (Post 4664640)
Used the website on both iPhone and iPad. Works fine.

What did you use to sign in on phone....mail?

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:12 AM

How about getting a new password for here and phone app?

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 08:14 AM

If you want a password reset , please use the contact us link at the bottom of page on full site.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob caldwell (Post 4664672)
How about getting a new password for here and phone app?

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:17 AM

I would if it was there!

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s a screenshot. It’s at the bottom

Attachment 236983

wrlwnd 03-06-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrlwnd (Post 4663796)
I refreshed in my browser and I had to log back in. I did so, but I am not appearing to be truly logged in. I have not had to relog in the app yet. I have reloaded and deleted cookies for IRV2 and still cannot log in on the laptop.

I had no issue logging into the home computer last night. I then once I got the work laptop online today, had no issue logging in. I am unsure of what was going on yesterday.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:23 AM

Cliff....on Chrome that's at the top under More......just found it....

Spk64 03-06-2019 08:25 AM

Its also on the bottom in Chrome (at least on my PC) also but can be accessed from the "More" drop down.

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 08:25 AM

Good.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spk64 (Post 4664691)
Its also on the bottom in Chrome (at least on my PC) also but can be accessed from the "More" drop down.

Not on this one....if what I'm looking at now is considered a page...

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 08:30 AM

I’m on chrome and it’s there. It’s on every browser.

Spk64 03-06-2019 08:32 AM

Bob
Are you using chrome on a phone?
Might be the mobile site loading which would have a different look.

Edit:
I confirmed. Chrome on a Phone will load the mobile site which has a different look. At very bottom is a link that says "View Full Site" then the look would be the same.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:34 AM

No, phone won't let me in to post, so am on laptop......and used contact us for a new password.....will use that on both of my access points to the forum

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:42 AM

Figured out why I'm not seeing the Contact us message......had screen magnifier up to 125....

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 08:44 AM

Now that we got that figured out , I’ll send you a reset as soon as I get your request.

Bob_C 03-06-2019 08:53 AM

Got it!.....Thanks.....and the phone also thanks you!......

CLIFFTALL 03-06-2019 09:09 AM

You’re welcome

Janet H 03-06-2019 10:53 AM

App users should be able to login as usual and either username or e-mail will work with your password in the login fields. If you find you are having trouble try cycling your device (restart) and try again.

zl1tpi 03-07-2019 04:44 AM

Works perfectly for me, I'm only using my laptop

HRvindeb 03-07-2019 05:23 AM

New login

Email in place of userID and it worked liked a charm. No hiccup on that Huge change:laugh:

SteveOGilroy 03-15-2019 12:56 PM

I have changer from USERID to EMAIL but it doesn’t let me login to website. On the app I can still login with my USERID but not my EMAIL id.

What am I doing wrong?

CLIFFTALL 03-15-2019 01:01 PM

The email address you’re using may not be the one we have on file here for you. Please use the “ contact us “ link at the bottom of the website page to inquire about what email address we have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveOGilroy (Post 4679246)
I have changer from USERID to EMAIL but it doesn’t let me login to website. On the app I can still login with my USERID but not my EMAIL id.

What am I doing wrong?

PNWGirl 03-23-2019 06:16 PM

Is it just me or are we now being 'signed out' if we are not actively viewing for a couple of hours (window still open)? I never used to have that happen before.
Thanks!!