iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Login Changes - login with email soon (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/login-changes-login-with-email-soon-432594.html)

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael4104 (Post 4655680)
How do we make this happen? I donít mind change.

The change will occur next week and you will see the change on the login screen. We just wanted to give you a heads up.

For everyone who is concerned about security...

This will be a more secure way to login. Currently 1/2 of your login credentials (your username) are publicly visible but your e-mail address is not. Your e-mail address doesn't display anywhere on this site.

You will login with your e-mail address and your current site password. You are free to update these anytime you like in your user cp.

We take member privacy seriously and don't sell, rent, loan or share members contact info. :flowers:

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 4655510)
How will this affect the search function of this website?

For example, when I refer someone to a past post, I would identify myself as Matt D, not my email.

Iím concerned this change may only lead to confusion in that situation.

-Matt

Your username will still display as usual and you can search for posts by username as usual. Your e-mail address will not display anywhere - don't hand it out please. You will simply be logging in with your e-mail address and password rather than your username and password.

Matt D 02-28-2019 09:15 AM

Thank you for ĎSplainin this to me Janet.

Nice TT in your sig. Hope to see you on the road.

Best Regards

-Matt

Janet H 02-28-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite77 (Post 4655209)
I never heard of the RV Life Network. Hereís list of their sites in case you are interested. RV LIFE Network | RV & Travel Trailer

RV Life is a venerable publication - it began as a print magazine years ago and a more recently changed to a digital publication - it's free. Here's a link: RV Life - The RV, Motorhome and Travel Trailer Lifestyle Magazine :flowers:

tmw188 02-28-2019 09:48 AM

Login Changes - login with email soon

Sorry donít like it. Email addresses are too long. Actually on my mobile app I stay logged in an never log out. Still using the the old app too.

Scarab0088 02-28-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brockx (Post 4655497)
I am uncomfortable with making my E Mail password available. At least that is the way I read it, or are you saying E mail password and my IRV2 password?

Do not use your email Password to log-in to iRV2...use your previously used iRV2 Password.

The only change is that at log-in, you will enter the email address you use for iRV2 - instead of your User ID.

Your ID will continue to show on all posts and such. This is the only change.

Thanks

powerboatr 02-28-2019 08:31 PM

i was unaware i had rv life sites, until i clicked it and fond the thor and other site i use..cool

will i use just one user name AKA email to log in to all of them?
thanks

NLOVNIT 02-28-2019 08:34 PM

You will have only 1 email/password to log into all the sites to which you belong, but you can have a different user name at each of them. At least you won't have to remember the different user names.

Lori-

cavie 02-28-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brockx (Post 4655497)
I am uncomfortable with making my E Mail password available. At least that is the way I read it, or are you saying E mail password and my IRV2 password?

You don't give out your email address password! :banghead: your email is going to be your user name. You will use the password you are using here now.:banghead:

NLOVNIT 02-28-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavie (Post 4656717)
...your email is going to be your user name. You will use the password you are using here now.:banghead:

No it isn't. That is incorrect.

Emails don't replace user names. User names will remain & still display in posts. Only the log in will change to email & password instead of user name & password.

The log in page is secure so you don't have to worry about security entering your email.

Lori-

Cpl Ed 03-01-2019 10:13 AM

junk email

I have multiple email accounts. One is for "junk" mail only. I'll use that one.

EdInArk 03-01-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmw188 (Post 4655796)
Sorry donít like it. Email addresses are too long. Actually on my mobile app I stay logged in an never log out. Still using the the old app too.

As I understand it, you only need to use it once. Then save your login credentials below the email and password, and it should log you on without it each time you access the site from that device.

NLOVNIT 03-01-2019 10:52 AM

You don't have to change your account email, unless you want to. If you've logged in since the original announcement of the change that was posted on 2/12, you've already verified your email.

All this thread was for was to alert members that next week is when members will log in with their email/password instead of the user name/password.

Come next week, if members have any problems that can't be solved via the prompts Janet mentioned, members can use the Contact Us link (at the bottom of every page) to request assistance from a site administrator.

Lori-

SeeTheUSA 03-01-2019 10:56 AM

Next thing weíll find out Camping World is buying Social Knowledge, LLC! (which is the business that owns iRV2 and others).

Just kidding ... I donít think (hope!) that will happen.

:angel: