iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Login Changes - login with email soon (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/login-changes-login-with-email-soon-432594.html)

Spaceball 03-03-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarab0088 (Post 4659267)
If you want to change your user name, please select the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of most every page on iRV2 to request that from the Admin here. We have to do that for you.

This will not impact the log-in change coming March 5th.

Please take a moment to check to see if your requested name is available by searching here:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/members/list/

Best luck

I know one can involve an admin, and I thank you for the reply, however was not the point I was making. Sounds like the new changes will not separate displayed names from login names... no worries.

Scarab0088 03-04-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceball (Post 4660865)
(sic)...however was not the point I was making. Sounds like the new changes will not separate displayed names from login names... no worries.

This is not factual. After 5March, everyone will log-in with the full e-mail address associated with their account, and their existing password = login name is your full e-mail address.

This verification is what has been popping up on everyone's screen.

Once logged-in any posts, PM's, Blogs, Registry, or Classified will show your User ID.

Your e-mail will NOT be displayed to the membership population or guests.

Best luck

BillJinOR 03-04-2019 05:02 AM

I think what is confusing people is you are saying they will log in with their email and password. Many appear to think you want their EMAIL password.
You will log in with the email address you gave when you originally signed up ( so nothing iRV2 doesn’t
already know) and your iRV2 password .. the-same you used with your “username” before , NOT your email password.
Several of you are saying you log in with your “Email and password” confusing a few.

CLIFFTALL 03-04-2019 05:11 AM

You are correct [emoji106]

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJinOR (Post 4661406)
I think what is confusing people is you are saying they will log in with their email and password. Many appear to think you want their EMAIL password.
You will log in with the email address you gave when you originally signed up ( so nothing iRV2 doesn’t
already know) and your iRV2 password .. the-same you used with your “username” before , NOT your email password.
Several of you are saying you log in with your “Email and password” confusing a few.

Lanny1763 03-05-2019 05:51 AM

Cliff:

I logged out and then tried to log back in this a.m., tried with my email address in place of username. Didn't work, so I logged back in using the username/password.

Is the new way not ready yet?

Lanny

CLIFFTALL 03-05-2019 06:01 AM

Stay tuned. It’s coming soon.

Magredvet 03-05-2019 09:07 AM

I have tried three times today, to login with my email address. I have even reset my password three times, and every time it tells me incorrect user name/password.
I then come back, use my username (magredvet) and password, and it lets me straight in..???
What's up with that ?

Scarab0088 03-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magredvet (Post 4663411)
I have tried three times today, to login with my email address. I have even reset my password three times, and every time it tells me incorrect user name/password.
I then come back, use my username (magredvet) and password, and it lets me straight in..???
What's up with that ?

It's coming..this is a "hot crossover" that is not yet complete.

Thank you for your patience.

TJ 03-05-2019 11:49 AM

Sorry, but it is not "cool" to keep telling people that on a given day, they will have to change the way they log in and then not follow through in a timely manner. I have had to log in three times so far today (as in being logged out by the system) and then had to use the OLD procedure to do it...all three times.

Having worked in the IT arena for some years, I understand that "migrations" do not always go as planned. That's why you don't do "hot crossover(s)." Yes, it is more costly to run parallel systems until you get the new one right, but it avoids the kind of issues we are seeing.

TJ

Janet H 03-05-2019 12:03 PM

Patience grasshopper... we're getting there ;)

SeeTheUSA 03-05-2019 01:36 PM

Worked great for me ... the first time it was needed.

I’m feeling tranquil now.

Bob_C 03-05-2019 01:54 PM

Worked for me!....

EdInArk 03-05-2019 01:58 PM

Today as advertised. Not at the crack of dawn, but today nonetheless. :thumb:

wrlwnd 03-05-2019 02:01 PM

I refreshed in my browser and I had to log back in. I did so, but I am not appearing to be truly logged in. I have not had to relog in the app yet. I have reloaded and deleted cookies for IRV2 and still cannot log in on the laptop.