iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Cable TV (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/cable-tv-432907.html)

Wolfy58 03-02-2019 10:10 AM

Cable TV

Hoping for a little help with Cable Tv. Pulled into campsite and cannot get Satellite to lock in,they do have cable so hooked that into jack by the hose reel but don’t know how to get it on TV? 2019 Aspire

Bob_C 03-02-2019 10:22 AM

If you have a crank up antenna that uses a power booster, turn it off....then in tv menu, change setting from air to cable, scan for channels.....if not, hang on....someone will chime in...

450Donn 03-02-2019 10:25 AM

Many of the cable companies now require one of their boxes to decode the digital signal. Does this one need a box?

DebbieMH 03-02-2019 11:07 AM

Your 19 might be different than my 15 ... but , go to your TV and on the main TV remote, push source and then highlight TV and not satellite. Then go to menu, Broadcasting and pick antenna then cable. And then do an auto program to get the channels on your cable.

I sometimes also have to do something with my box of many buttons, but you don't have one of those I think. Let us know if it works. Lynn

brobox 03-02-2019 11:24 AM

The 19 TV's are a little different. The selection between antenna and cable is buried, I believe it is under program on the left side of the screen in menu. select that then move over to cable on the right, then scan cable only. Make sure the front TV antenna is turned off, that is the signal booster all in one that needs to be off to scan cable channels.
I had to play around with it to find cable and channel scan, much different that the Classic TV's were. Also the Matrix has to be on TV, that thing drives me nuts. :DToo many buttons to push just to watch a simple TV program. It's a good thing Beachbum told me to be patient and allow 30 seconds for switching...mine probably would have been in the trash. :)

Rollin101 03-02-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 4658851)
The 19 TV's are a little different. The selection between antenna and cable is buried, I believe it is under program on the left side of the screen in menu. select that then move over to cable on the right, then scan cable only. Make sure the front TV antenna is turned off, that is the signal booster all in one that needs to be off to scan cable channels.
I had to play around with it to find cable and channel scan, much different that the Classic TV's were. Also the Matrix has to be on TV, that thing drives me nuts. :DToo many buttons to push just to watch a simple TV program. It's a good thing Beachbum told me to be patient and allow 30 seconds for switching...mine probably would have been in the trash. :)

Chuck, do you know why they went to the “matrix”? The 2017 doesn’t have it and seems to work fine. I just wondered what the advantages were, if any.

brobox 03-02-2019 01:20 PM

J.H I still need to get more familiar with it. I know whenever I go to do something it's on the wrong setting on the Matrix. Just wanted to point that out as it's a problem for me getting use to.

DebbieMH 03-02-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 4658851)
The 19 TV's are a little different.

Thanks ... I figured they might be. I don't answer questions anymore because "classics" are now indeed, classics!

brobox 03-02-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieMH (Post 4659081)
Thanks ... I figured they might be. I don't answer questions anymore because "classics" are now indeed, classics!

Classic information is valuable, lots of new Classic owners that are lurkers. Many of those owners did not get the bag of books with the coach. :)

Wolfy58 03-02-2019 05:34 PM

Thank you everyone Brobox your step by step was spot on.

brobox 03-02-2019 07:13 PM

Thanks, glad I remembered something about the new coach that I could pass along. :)

Mwoodofd 03-03-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieMH (Post 4659081)

lol...we have the BOMB in our coaches, and old TV's.

brobox 03-03-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwoodofd (Post 4659945)
lol...we have the BOMB in our coaches, and old TV's.

Trust me, it is more dependable than the Matrix :laugh:

One of the best things they did on the 20's is move it inside like the BOMB. At least you can see what setting you're on.
The current Matrix is like having the BOMB in the basement. If you change functions on the main TV, the forward TV changes as well. Get ready to leave and you are no longer on the Nav screen, a trip to the basement to see what your on, then toggle to the correct setting. With the BOMB, push a button.....done.