iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Another Charging Question (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/another-charging-question-451836.html)

BonanzaFlyer 07-11-2019 12:41 PM

Replaced all house batteries, still not able to get AC power passed through inverter or activate the charger. I'm waiting on a call back from Magnum technical support.

757driver 07-11-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonanzaFlyer (Post 4859575)
Replaced all house batteries, still not able to get AC power passed through inverter or activate the charger. I'm waiting on a call back from Magnum technical support.

That doesn’t sound good. Have you tried resetting the inverter, or unplugging the remote?

andyh 07-11-2019 03:17 PM

Try a soft reset by pressing the Power On/Off button on the inverter in the basement. Hold it for about 15 sec. until the LED starts flashing rapidly. With Magnum inverters, always disconnect the positive lead of the batteries first.

BonanzaFlyer 07-11-2019 03:33 PM

I did try "soft" and "hard" resets as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the remote.

In my discussion with the Magnum Tech this afternoon, he confirmed that when:

- Inverter is functioning
- There is 120VAC at the input of the inverter
- The breaker is in
- AC power not passing through to sub-panel and Charger not functioning

...indicates a faulty AC board. For the MS2812 the part number is TACB-ME/MS.

I am tracking one down now.

Thanks for all the input and help.

757driver 07-11-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonanzaFlyer (Post 4859817)
I did try "soft" and "hard" resets as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the remote.

In my discussion with the Magnum Tech this afternoon, he confirmed that when:

- Inverter is functioning
- There is 120VAC at the input of the inverter
- The breaker is in
- AC power not passing through to sub-panel and Charger not functioning

...indicates a faulty AC board. For the MS2812 the part number is TACB-ME/MS.

I am tracking one down now.

Thanks for all the input and help.

Ouch, that could be expensive.

BonanzaFlyer 07-16-2019 09:05 PM

Problem Resolved
 
The inverter charger AC board had a few components that were damaged by some type of voltage spike. I removed it and brought the inverter to PCS Electronics in Columbia, MO and had it repaired. In addition to replacing a few board components I had both cooling fans replaced to avoid a potential future problem. The charge for the repair to the inverter was $268.11. I have reinstalled it and all is working normal, just in time for a CO trip.

Thank you for all your help.

757driver 07-17-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonanzaFlyer (Post 4868073)
The inverter charger AC board had a few components that were damaged by some type of voltage spike. I removed it and brought the inverter to PCS Electronics in Columbia, MO and had it repaired. In addition to replacing a few board components I had both cooling fans replaced to avoid a potential future problem. The charge for the repair to the inverter was $268.11. I have reinstalled it and all is working normal, just in time for a CO trip.

Thank you for all your help.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you got it working. Having the internal fans replaced was a good idea, they are not a sealed fan and tend to gum up and quit working after several years. :thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.