iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (
-   -   What's That Black Stuff in the Storage Bays (

jyjcbs 08-27-2019 07:05 PM

What's That Black Stuff in the Storage Bays
Southwind 35K. I had to remove a panel in one of the storage bays. What's the stuff they use to seal around the edges. It's black like caulk that is very durable and rubbery like. I know it's not a regular caulk but need to redo around the panel I took off. They use the same stuff all over the different bays.

buzz57 08-27-2019 07:51 PM

It is polyurethane calking. Home depot, Lowes all carry it. Different brands, just make sure it is the polyurethane type.

Festag1 08-28-2019 07:17 AM

Was just at REV in Decatur for warranty work. I asked my tech what they use and was told they use Geocel ProFlex. Available on Amazon in several different colors including clear.

Gary RVRoamer 08-28-2019 11:09 AM


I know it's not a regular caulk...

Actually it is, but there are several varieties of "regular caulk", depending on the application. Geocel Proflex is what is called a tripolymer and has a wide variety of uses. Standard exterior window & door caulks would also work well on RV joints.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.