iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   HWH active air survey (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/hwh-active-air-survey-459433.html)

kenk02 09-02-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanJH (Post 4937952)
When installed on a DS, do they have to add an auxiliary air tank and/or compressor ? If so, where do they put them ?


Yes,
My tank is in the front near the gen. The air compressor is installed in the front DS electrical compartment on my coach, but on my friends it is installed PS side of the generator. There is no standard installation.

ken

zzotte 09-02-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_D (Post 4936251)
My rig came with Koni all the way around. Got better when I put the EVO's on the front. Now, with the active air it rides even better. I already had air leveling only but now it seems to have a better range.
Still learning the ins and outs of driving it and the adjustments.

I just got under my coach, I canít believe that those tiny little shocks are adequate for the 17k front axle no under it bounces to high havens, any way Mr. D this question is for you, from reading some of your previous posts I understand you have cats, how did you managed to have your Active air installed with your cats on board, I will be faced with the same issue, I have no place to keep her for a week. Thanks

Zzotte

DrPhil 09-02-2019 08:12 PM

Having spartan comp upgrade my OEM shocks made a BIG difference wrt bounce.

Can someone ballpark an installed price for HWH active air? Also installs are done where?

zzotte 09-02-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPhil (Post 4939112)
Having spartan comp upgrade my OEM shocks made a BIG difference wrt bounce.

Can someone ballpark an installed price for HWH active air? Also installs are done where?

itís about 10K and itís done at the factory in Moscow, Iowa, Iím getting a quote tomorrow

Zzotte

kenk02 09-03-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPhil (Post 4939112)
Having spartan comp upgrade my OEM shocks made a BIG difference wrt bounce.

Can someone ballpark an installed price for HWH active air? Also installs are done where?


Our was just under $10,600

kenk02 09-03-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzotte (Post 4939095)
I just got under my coach, I canít believe that those tiny little shocks are adequate for the 17k front axle no under it bounces to high havens, any way Mr. D this question is for you, from reading some of your previous posts I understand you have cats, how did you managed to have your Active air installed with your cats on board, I will be faced with the same issue, I have no place to keep her for a week. Thanks

Zzotte

Your cats will be no issue. Most of the work is underneath the coach, but when they come in they will always close the door if they know you have cats. If your cats like to try to get out, then just put them in the back and close the bedroom door (you'll need to put pillows under the door) if you are going to be away from the coach.

Living in the coach up on the rails (6 feet up) is different, particularly at night when you are alone in the building.

Boilervol 09-03-2019 07:17 AM

Slides? Does active air keep the coach level when parked or does the coach still take on the grade it’s parked on ( before dumping and leveling)? Just wondering if there is an advantage for deploying the slides?

DebbieMH 09-03-2019 07:38 AM

I had Active Air installed back in June 2018. Absolutely the best mod I have made (yes, the most expensive as well). I love to be able to really see that I'm at ride height, and believe it ... going around corners is much, much easier on the coach - stays level instead of leaning out. I rarely use my jacks now, the auto level is perfect and it stays there forever. Yes it is worth it.

Understand that the new Entegra Anthems and Cornerstones now have Valid Air ... which I understand is just as good as HWH Active Air - but I'm not in the market for a new coach.

FlaRider 09-03-2019 03:40 PM

Any idea what the current wait time to get an appointment.

zzotte 09-13-2019 02:49 PM

Ok appointment itís all set August 2020 a good time to visit the Midwest :)

Zzotte

jerry davis 09-13-2019 05:37 PM

Headed to HWH on October 14 to have Active Air installed. We will be living in the coach for the week with our mini labradoodle. Iíll post my thoughts after a week or so of travel. Moscow Iowa for a week, wow!

resullivan 09-13-2019 06:07 PM

Had the HWH active air installed on my 2014 MA not too long after delivery. From the start it did not function properly. After HWH tried numerous things for me to do to fix it, they had me return to Moscow at which time they discovered they had installed the wrong hardware in the rear( from an earlier version), all day to change out and remount correct hardware and reprogram. said everything was fine , drove back to NC and system still not functioning correctly. They tried me doing several fixes, non worked, said I would have to bring it back to Moscow. I said I had already done that with no results and they should send someone to me to fix it. Last I heard from them. I no longer own the coach. So for me it was not the wonderful driving experience that others have had, just sayng.

zzotte 09-13-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resullivan (Post 4955164)
Had the HWH active air installed on my 2014 MA not too long after delivery. From the start it did not function properly. After HWH tried numerous things for me to do to fix it, they had me return to Moscow at which time they discovered they had installed the wrong hardware in the rear( from an earlier version), all day to change out and remount correct hardware and reprogram. said everything was fine , drove back to NC and system still not functioning correctly. They tried me doing several fixes, non worked, said I would have to bring it back to Moscow. I said I had already done that with no results and they should send someone to me to fix it. Last I heard from them. I no longer own the coach. So for me it was not the wonderful driving experience that others have had, just sayng.

Wow! Thatís not good, they are supposed to have a very good reputation

Zzotte

zzotte 09-13-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry davis (Post 4955125)
Headed to HWH on October 14 to have Active Air installed. We will be living in the coach for the week with our mini labradoodle. I’ll post my thoughts after a week or so of travel. Moscow Iowa for a week, wow!

Hey Jerry, did you have any problems getting the info they requested?

Zzotte


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.