iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Bounder: Vacuflush question (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/vacuflush-question-464138.html)

mcbus 10-05-2019 11:56 AM

Vacuflush question

Investigating the Bounders at this time and wondering about the Vacuflush system. Had a similar system in my current coach and replaced the system with the tried and true and simple step on the foot pedal and flush. Has worked flawlessly these last four years.
I have not read of anyone doing that with the Bounder Vacuflush system. The question is why not ? I can only assume that it does not drop straight down into a tank whereas the vacuflush follows a meandering course to the tank.
If thats the case it seems to be a problem I don't need.
Can anyone enlighten me about this issue?

RRR 10-05-2019 03:32 PM

You got it.

While they can be a PIA they do work okay-most of the time. :rolleyes: 2016 they started putting the pump above the propane tank and are not that bad to work on. Of course that depends on how the monkey at the factory installed them.

agpopp 10-05-2019 06:26 PM

I've got 850 into my new to me coach to get it working right. Toilets are no where near a tank.

RRR 10-05-2019 11:50 PM

Delete

DurangoNick 10-07-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbus (Post 4984768)
Investigating the Bounders at this time and wondering about the Vacuflush system. Had a similar system in my current coach and replaced the system with the tried and true and simple step on the foot pedal and flush. Has worked flawlessly these last four years.
I have not read of anyone doing that with the Bounder Vacuflush system. The question is why not ? I can only assume that it does not drop straight down into a tank whereas the vacuflush follows a meandering course to the tank.
If thats the case it seems to be a problem I don't need.
Can anyone enlighten me about this issue?

Can't advise you about replacing the VacuFlush with a drop system other than the toilet is not over the black tank. The Sealand VacuFlush system (now owned by Dometic) has been around for a long time and is widely used on boats. One of the advantages is the small amount of water required and you'll never have a smell problem. In general, we like the system and it works well. My only complaint is access for maintenance in our 2014 Bounder.

Deanhiles 10-12-2019 10:07 AM

It works pretty good except for the noise. Everyone close to you in the campgrounds knows when you are going to the bathroom. Be cautious of how much bathroom tissue you use. Flush several times with a small amount. Had to train everyone in the coach to not over do it with paper. We did have a clog issue, to much toilet tissue trying to be flusched. And most importantly, use the right toilet tissue.,

DurangoNick 10-14-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanhiles (Post 4993815)
It works pretty good except for the noise. Everyone close to you in the campgrounds knows when you are going to the bathroom. Be cautious of how much bathroom tissue you use. Flush several times with a small amount. Had to train everyone in the coach to not over do it with paper. We did have a clog issue, to much toilet tissue trying to be flusched. And most importantly, use the right toilet tissue.,

I agree with almost everything you said. The exception is that only those with a Vacuflush system (or had one) have a clue that you just flushed the toilet. That is unless you tell them :cool:

Fiesta48 10-14-2019 12:44 PM

With 2 bathrooms we rarely use the vac system to avoid more maint issues.

Peto 10-14-2019 12:54 PM

I have the Vacuflush toilet in my boat and have never had an issue with it. We do have a rule though. If you did not eat it or drink it, it does not go in the head. We have a little trash can for the paper and empty it when we get to the dock.
They can handle the TP but I like to be overly cautious.