iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Spartan Reyco-Granning IFS1200/1320/1370 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/spartan-reyco-granning-ifs1200-1320-1370-a-464521.html)

Ray,IN 10-21-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackwrench (Post 5002213)

Obviously I was incorrect, that's my fault for believing what I read on irv2.com without investigating for myself. However that spring pictured in the link does not look like the Firestone air springs on my Reyco-Granning 1200 IFS.

Dale70 10-22-2019 08:28 AM

Pictures can be deceiving especially when they only present one angle.
In this case it is from the top/bottom. The spring is 15 inches long when fully extended and almost 7 inches when fully compressed.

I will see if I can take a picture of that spring actually on the front of my my RV. It may be a bit difficult with the wheel in place but I will try later today

thx Dale

mackwrench 10-22-2019 09:24 AM

Spartan provided me the part # and a price, but also need about the same amount to ship to Florida! I was able to source the rears local, but the front came from truckspring.com with free shipping...

Dale70 10-22-2019 09:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what the part that Mackwrench linked for the front looks like on my RV.
Suspension is aired up.

Attachment 264406

Attachment 264407

CoachC 10-22-2019 10:29 AM

I found another source for the front air bags for slightly less $$

SDTruckSprings.com.

$245 per bag with free shipping.

Cheers

Ray,IN 10-23-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale70 (Post 5007029)
Here is what the part that Mackwrench linked for the front looks like on my RV.
Suspension is aired up.

Attachment 264406

Attachment 264407

:thumb: Yep, that looks like mine alright. I was reading the Firestone air springs webpage late last night. It would take a lot to rupture them the way they are constructed.
I learn something with every visit to irv2.com, and I've been here a looong time.

If you are interested in how to calculate the air pressure to support your vehicle, this is very informative: https://www.firestoneip.com/content/...erial_2014.pdf

CoachC 11-19-2019 02:33 PM

Hi All,
Again, thanks for all the input.
I wanted to give an update on my front airbags. I just returned from the Spartan factory service center in Charlotte. They installed new bags for me. I had trouble finding new bags but finally ended up ordering the W01 358 8760 bags. Unfortunately they were not an exact match. Bolt patterns were good but the base was much larger. That meant that all the weight would have been borne by the bosses were the 4 base plate bolts screwed in. Maybe that would have been fine but didn't want to risk that. The W01 358 8735 (and it's Continental cross) has the proper base plate diameter which more evenly spreads the load.
My IFS is the 1260S and I think is different from the IFS1200. Spartan did take me out to the shop and showed me the difference in bags and where they mount. They left the decision to me as to which bags I wanted to use. The bags with the larger diameter base would also need to be checked for clearance between tire and airbag when turned to the stops in each direction. I didn't want to mess with that thought either so went ahead and purchased bags from Spartan.
They did give me a break on airbag price but still not as economical as finding a different source.
I'm still very happy with Spartan factory service and their willingness to be flexible with the service they provide.:thumb:
Reyco-Granning gave me some good info also and cleared up some of my incorrect assumptions. They were less helpful in providing cross reference part numbers and only provided me with a parts diagram with old, superseded Granning part numbers. It was made clear they wanted me to go to their suppliers to purchase bags as they do not sell to individuals. I can respect that but was disappointed.:sad

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Cheers