iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   American Coach: Where's the Cable TV Connection? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/wheres-the-cable-tv-connection-468064.html)

oldnavycdr 11-06-2019 04:32 PM

Where's the Cable TV Connection?

My 2004 Eagle has a DTV and Wiengard dish setup which I have not yet activated but I assumed there would be an external coax connection for campground suppled cable. Down below on the passenger side there appears to be an antenna connection for presumably another TV but no cable/coax connector. And that would be on the wrong side. Found nothing in the shore power bay or elsewhere on the service side of the coach. Anyone know?

Gary RVRoamer 11-06-2019 04:45 PM

My 2004 Tradition had the park cable inlet in the power cord bay on the driver side, just forward of the side radiator. The park telephone inlet jack is also there. If your Eagle has the powered shore cord reel, the cable & phone inlets may be in a nearby location since the reel takes up the space in the bay.

Mine was adjacent to the power line monitor on the back wall of the bay. Not all that easy to see or reach. I kept a 12 ft length of coax screwed into it and coiled up in the bay for ready use, and used a barrel connector to add more coax if necessary. The outlet for the engine block heater and the heater power cord were also in that bay.

oldnavycdr 11-06-2019 05:21 PM

Thanks, Gary! I've got the power cord reel. I did not look behind it. However, I didn't see anything in the adjacent compartments. I will dig deeper.

oldnavycdr 11-12-2019 02:54 PM

Found them both behind the shore power cable reel. I'm gonna need an arm extension.

Gary RVRoamer 11-12-2019 05:08 PM

Only have to do it once - maybe with the shore cable fully unwound? Put a short cable on the coax and phone jacks so you can reach them from the front of the bay. Mount a spring clip or velcro strap on the sidewall to hold them when not in use.

oldnavycdr 11-13-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer (Post 5035738)
Only have to do it once - maybe with the shore cable fully unwound? Put a short cable on the coax and phone jacks so you can reach them from the front of the bay. Mount a spring clip or velcro strap on the sidewall to hold them when not in use.

Excellent idea. I've got several feet of Cat 6 that I will attach.

SCSandlapper 11-19-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldnavycdr (Post 5027474)
Thanks, Gary! I've got the power cord reel. I did not look behind it. However, I didn't see anything in the adjacent compartments. I will dig deeper.

On my 2000 American Dream its in the power cord compartment but on the ceiling, hard to see, have to stick your head in there

AMERICANMAN 11-30-2019 04:46 PM

I have an 01 American Dream and it is where the shore power cord goes, drivers side just in front of the side draft radiator.

Mr Lars 11-30-2019 10:00 PM

on our '95 Bounder, its in the bay with the water hose, shore power cord, and tank drain, its on the ceiling of the bay, close to the door opening