iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Bose system (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/bose-system-471400.html)

sdesha 12-07-2019 08:30 AM

Bose system

Good morning Entegra Family,

Have a problem with the Bose system in the bedroom, a couple of nights ago the system would come on and now I can't get it powered up.

I suspect the system has gone to the bose gravyard, any ideas or should I just get another one?

Gary.Jones 12-07-2019 08:37 AM

Batteries on remote in good condition?

Gary

KennyGolub 12-07-2019 09:02 AM

On two occasions, ours would not turn on with the remote, and I found I had to manually press the power button on the sound bar a couple of time to get it to fire on.

brobox 12-07-2019 09:42 AM

X2 what Kenny said, also unplug it to reboot it.

buddy110 12-07-2019 02:12 PM

I have had continuous issues with mine. Sometimes it powers in, sometimes it won't. Recently lost my remote. Now it comes on all by itself when I power the TV on:banghead:. I have to run my hand atop the bar to shut if off. WTH?

Petek 12-07-2019 02:57 PM

Mine had same problem last year, found the problem to be where the power cord attaches to the back of the unit. Factory pushed the unit all the way to the wall when they installed it and broke the power socket. Try to wiggle the cord in back of unit and see if it corrects the problem.

sdesha 12-09-2019 06:45 PM

I could not find the power button for the Bose system in the bedroom, is it a different size than what is in the living room/kitchen

brobox 12-10-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdesha (Post 5069317)
I could not find the power button for the Bose system in the bedroom, is it a different size than what is in the living room/kitchen

Google the model number and see if you can find an owners manual.

brobox 12-11-2019 06:16 AM

A trick to test your remote if it's working. Turn the camera on in your phone, point the remote at your camera. Push any button of the remote, if the IR light lights up on your phone screen the remote is working. If not change batteries, it is still does not show in the phones screen then the remote is the problem. Try it with a working remote first so you can see how it works.

A tip I got from a TV repairman years ago. He told me as he checked my remote first, you would not believe the service calls I get for dead batteries.

Gary.Jones 12-11-2019 09:51 AM

Suzanne

If you don’t have one already, you need to buy what used to be called a Volt-Ohm-Meter. Now they are called a DVM (Digital Volt Meter). You can get them for $10 at Harbor Freight but don’t buy the cheapest DVM. Buy a good quality unit. What you want to look for is one that has “auto-ranging” on it. That means when you want to test a voltage, all you have to do is know if the voltage is DC (any battery) or AC (alternating current such as house electricity. The autoranging means that you don’t need to guess what the specific voltage you think you are measuring is going to be before hand.... the meter will figure it out for you. Having to guess is a pain in the butt.... you never know if you are on the right range. The auto ranging meters figure it out for you. A good DVM will also measure resistance (auto-ranging also) which lets you check for continuity ( a good or complete connection).

$50 or under $100 will get you a good quality DVM. Mine is made by Fluke and is a professional DVM which lasts a lifetime and answers a hundred questions on a coach every year. A very wise investment for a hundred questions.

I’ll look at Harbor Freight and try to give you a good suggestion.

Just looked. They advertise an Ames DM1000 for $69.99 which defaults to auto ranging on DC and AC voltages and resistance measurement. That is as good or better than my professional grade Fluke meter. For that money, you can’t go wrong.

If you already know all this, then maybe it will be new information for someone else.

Gary

Rollin101 12-11-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary.Jones (Post 5071004)
Suzanne

If you donít have one already, you need to buy what used to be called a Volt-Ohm-Meter. Now they are called a DVM (Digital Volt Meter). You can get them for $10 at Harbor Freight but donít buy the cheapest DVM. Buy a good quality unit. What you want to look for is one that has ďauto-rangingĒ on it. That means when you want to test a voltage, all you have to do is know if the voltage is DC (any battery) or AC (alternating current such as house electricity. The autoranging means that you donít need to guess what the specific voltage you think you are measuring is going to be before hand.... the meter will figure it out for you. Having to guess is a pain in the butt.... you never know if you are on the right range. The auto ranging meters figure it out for you. A good DVM will also measure resistance (auto-ranging also) which lets you check for continuity ( a good or complete connection).

$50 or under $100 will get you a good quality DVM. Mine is made by Fluke and is a professional DVM which lasts a lifetime and answers a hundred questions on a coach every year. A very wise investment for a hundred questions.

Iíll look at Harbor Freight and try to give you a good suggestion.

Just looked. They advertise an Ames DM1000 for $69.99 which defaults to auto ranging on DC and AC voltages and resistance measurement. That is as good or better than my professional grade Fluke meter. For that money, you canít go wrong.

If you already know all this, then maybe it will be new information for someone else.

Gary

Fluke is a great meter. Donít know how you can get by with either a house or Mh without owning a VOM. Takes all the guess work out of electrical problems.

royals1212 12-11-2019 03:06 PM

Gary, you are telling your age when you reference Fluke meters.

Herb

Gary.Jones 12-11-2019 06:03 PM

Fluke is still making high quality meters..... so I could conceivably be 35 years old, but the pure white hair might argue a few years older than 35....) But I bought my first Fluke about 1980 so it is an antique.... still a fine meter

Gary

sdesha 12-11-2019 06:31 PM

Bose system

Thank you Gary and all,

I will 1st do what Brobox recommended and then get the Ames DM1000 for $69.99 that Gary recommend.