iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Ride height adjustment (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/ride-height-adjustment-471416.html)

2008DYN 12-07-2019 11:09 AM

Ride height adjustment
 
We have 2008 Monaco Dynasty. Coach has been leaning slightly to the drivers side while on the road. Dealer says a new ride height adjustment module is needed. Donít know if thatís true or the dealer thinks this is the problem. Dealer says REV group of no help in getting this part. Anyone out there know of places I might turn to. Is this something that can manually be adjusted?

distaff 12-07-2019 11:32 AM

A surprising number of dealers don't know how the right height works. The HWH manifold provides air to the ride height, but only controls height when the vehicle is stationary and you have activated levelling. Had a very long dispute with a dealer after they tried to charge me $800 for checking out the HWH system - which I had EMPHATICALLY told them was not involved in ride height. These guys were the "experts" that all the Monaco dealers sent their coaches to for chassis work.

The system that controls ride height can be adjusted by ANY truck shop since it uses standard truck parts. Again, the HWH system provides pass-through air pressure from the manifold to the ride height system.

The last time mine was riding low on one side it was a $5 rubber part that is part of the mechanism that holds the rod that triggers the ride height valve.

Ivylog 12-07-2019 12:52 PM

Your airbags should measure 9” between the metal mounting plates when in the travel mode (Green light on) and is easily adjustable once you safely get underneath. On your rear axle you have 2 ride height control valves with metal rods into rubber connectors. If only a 1/2” out you can adjust that amount by loosing the clamp and changing the location of the rod in the rubber sleeve. If more than that then you need to determine what brand of valve and google how to adjust it. If you have a Vorad leveling system (not HWH) then you have 2 on the front...most only have one. I run my front ones at 10” so the bottom of the front cap clears curbs better when making tight turns.
There are pictures in the current post Travel Mode No working.

HJLowell 12-07-2019 01:01 PM

Good advice above.

When the green light is on. Your in
( travel mode.)

And your HWH system is totaly Bypassed.

2008DYN 12-08-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distaff (Post 5066423)
A surprising number of dealers don't know how the right height works. The HWH manifold provides air to the ride height, but only controls height when the vehicle is stationary and you have activated levelling. Had a very long dispute with a dealer after they tried to charge me $800 for checking out the HWH system - which I had EMPHATICALLY told them was not involved in ride height. These guys were the "experts" that all the Monaco dealers sent their coaches to for chassis work.



The system that controls ride height can be adjusted by ANY truck shop since it uses standard truck parts. Again, the HWH system provides pass-through air pressure from the manifold to the ride height system.



The last time mine was riding low on one side it was a $5 rubber part that is part of the mechanism that holds the rod that triggers the ride height valve.



Thanks for the reply. Nice to know it probably can be fixed with some simple adjustments and not replacing the entire ride height adjustment module. Since Iím down in Florida I will be looking for a qualified dealer to fix this.

2008DYN 12-08-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivylog (Post 5066503)
Your airbags should measure 9Ē between the metal mounting plates when in the travel mode (Green light on) and is easily adjustable once you safely get underneath. On your rear axle you have 2 ride height control valves with metal rods into rubber connectors. If only a 1/2Ē out you can adjust that amount by loosing the clamp and changing the location of the rod in the rubber sleeve. If more than that then you need to determine what brand of valve and google how to adjust it. If you have a Vorad leveling system (not HWH) then you have 2 on the front...most only have one. I run my front ones at 10Ē so the bottom of the front cap clears curbs better when making tight turns.
There are pictures in the current post Travel Mode No working.



Glad to hear this should be an easy and hopefully inexpensive fix. Will be looking for a knowledgeable dealer here in Florida that can get me riding level again. Thanks for your reply.

jacwjames 12-08-2019 09:26 AM

FWIW
This is a common ride height valve which your coach may use
https://hadleyadvantage.com/products...classic-valve/
These cost ~$75.

I carry a spare link arm as they are known to fail, which costs ~$30.

Be interesting to see what the repair shop charges you for this adjustment.

Probably the best shop in Flordia is Josams near Orlando.

I took my coach there to have the front wheel bearings converted to oil bath.

Pttwig 12-08-2019 09:30 PM

I have the same problem with my 2009 dynasty. In travel mode , the unit leans to the passenger side about 2-3 inches. The rear airbags on the drivers side are pumped up higher. I have been looking for a Valid Power Gear service center. It is difficult to squeeze underneath to check out. Hope it is an easy fix for you.

HJLowell 12-08-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pttwig (Post 5068286)
I have the same problem with my 2009 dynasty. In travel mode , the unit leans to the passenger side about 2-3 inches. The rear airbags on the drivers side are pumped up higher. I have been looking for a Valid Power Gear service center. It is difficult to squeeze underneath to check out. Hope it is an easy fix for you.

Most any big truck service center can adjust your leveling valve in 30 minutes.
Or you may need a ruber bushing or stick link
As stated above. $6. To $30. Worth of parts.
Even the adjustment air valves are around $100. Maybe.
Last one I purchased was $78.
Get your coach to a truck service center.
Or a certified DOT inspection, service center.

Pttwig 12-09-2019 04:27 PM

Thank you for the information. We went under the motorhome near the rear axle and found two valve lever rods attached to each side of the axle. We moved the levers with the adjustment screw on each one and were able to raise and lower each side as needed to make it level. It took 15 minutes once we knew which parts were which.

Thank you again.

Windecker 12-15-2019 10:31 AM

Ride height adjustment
 
1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you got it which is great! For those that do not know, this is an image of a typical ride height valve used on Monaco coaches. Note where the adjustment feature is. Simple to adjust, just be sure to be clear under the coach so if you go the wrong way or whatever you don't get crushed! Also, the valve is spring loaded so if you loosen the adjustment nut a lot, it may move on its own:eek:
Good idea to adjust the valve a little, raise, lower and let it go back to travel mode, then re-measure. Might take a few tries. Adjustments specs are in your owners manual. Side radiator coaches are typically about 9 inches. Rear radiator could be 10 inches or other.
The valve is mounted directly above the drive axle on the main frame and connected to the drive axle by a rod that is maybe 1/4 inch diameter. Axle moves, it pushes or pulls on the rod which moves the valve arm which adjusts the air to it's airbags. Simple and reliable.
Attachment 269515
Windecker


Quote:

Originally Posted by Pttwig (Post 5069169)
Thank you for the information. We went under the motorhome near the rear axle and found two valve lever rods attached to each side of the axle. We moved the levers with the adjustment screw on each one and were able to raise and lower each side as needed to make it level. It took 15 minutes once we knew which parts were which.

Thank you again.


2008DYN 12-16-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pttwig (Post 5068286)
I have the same problem with my 2009 dynasty. In travel mode , the unit leans to the passenger side about 2-3 inches. The rear airbags on the drivers side are pumped up higher. I have been looking for a Valid Power Gear service center. It is difficult to squeeze underneath to check out. Hope it is an easy fix for you.



Based upon other responses it should be an easy adjustment. Like some responses warning about not being ďcrushedĒ Iím going to leave it up to a service dealer while Iím down south. Itís very tight to the ground already. Even in my twenties I would have had a tough time squeezing underneath the coach. Thanks for helping out. Good luck with yours.

hypoxia 12-16-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacwjames (Post 5067375)
This is a common ride height valve which your coach may usehttps://hadleyadvantage.com/products...classic-valve/
These cost ~$75..

The Hadley 450 is what I have seen on Monacos :thumb:

Captjake1 12-17-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoxia (Post 5076747)
The Hadley 450 is what I have seen on Monacos :thumb:

On my Beaver, it has what appears to be the H01500VN, but with 1/4" ptc fittings. Waiting for Hadley to call me back. Might have been a special production?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.