iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   5th Wheel Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   New 5th wheel Manufacturer (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/new-5th-wheel-manufacturer-472981.html)

chief2015 01-06-2020 07:36 AM

I have heard of them too. I just hope they avoid getting sucked into Thor's "fold" like Keystone and a few others, then maybe quality will remain good.

Hans45 01-06-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2002dura (Post 5085957)
Looks like a new manufacturer of 5th wheels will be starting up in January. Alliance RV is completing a new factory and says they will be producing luxury fifth wheels. Most of the upper management seems to be coming from Heartland and then manufacturing from Grand Design. The Brady's were with Heartland before they got bought out. Looking forward to seeing what they come out with. Supposedly going to be at some shows in January, hopefully with some show units as there calendar does have models listed per event.

I found an interview from August.

I wonder how it compares to a New Horizons product. Many of the wish-list items on this thread comes standard in a New Horizons product.

Hans

LAKnox 01-06-2020 08:36 AM

Y'know, any privately-held company can avoid a buy-out pretty d@mn easily with one simple word; "NO". If it gets heated, then 2 words; "HELL, NO!"

Lyle

2002dura 01-06-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans45 (Post 5100371)
I wonder how it compares to a New Horizons product. Many of the wish-list items on this thread comes standard in a New Horizons product.

Hans

It won't compare to a New Horizons. The fifth wheel they are starting out with has a MSRP betweeen $80K and $100K. I don't understand why everyone is trying to compare them to fifth wheels costing double of what they are building.

Cumminsfan 01-06-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2002dura (Post 5100565)
It won't compare to a New Horizons. The fifth wheel they are starting out with has a MSRP betweeen $80K and $100K. I don't understand why everyone is trying to compare them to fifth wheels costing double of what they are building.

x2
My guess is it will just look different and have a few different standard items. There's only so much you can do in the RV world of Lippert, Furrion, Jensen, Thomas Payne, Lazy Boy, Corian/LG, Luan, Azdel, pinch rolled, vacumn bonded PVC/EPDM. etc.
Pick from the lot of suppliers and mix and match. It's still an RV.

Kendorado 01-06-2020 05:04 PM

I have a 2018 VanLeigh Vilano (Tiffin) and so far it is perfect. Solid wood cabinetry, good layout, decent accessories like TVs, microwave, Etc. Most have a Furrion label but those are major companies with the Furrion name change.
With all of the components needed for an RV be it a class A, 5th wheel or class c, there WILL be some issues. The company's customer service is the key to success and so far I have heard only good remarks from VanLeigh's service.

TXiceman 01-06-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2002dura (Post 5100565)

I would like to see them offer a line that is s the above the current price point. Step up and offer a real 4-season, full-time unit with dual pane windows, Mor/Ryde IS running gear, dishwasher, washer drier, Winegard Traveler, up graded flooring, upgraded insulation, upgraded furniture, etc as STANDARD. Not up to a custom unit like SpaceCraft. Go after the Thor owned DRV that is being run in the ground now.

Ken

MOTOMA 01-19-2020 11:19 AM

so I went on there website, the floor plans are the same as GD. We have been looking at Arctic Fox (they do build a better frame from their website showing). Now as far as the glits, beauty that you might want, well theirs is simpler more plane jane. Although certain models are hard to find. They do not mass produce. The model I like is the 32.5M which is 36'. they do come with dull pane windows, and auto leveling.
So its pretty much a crap shoot depending on what you want.

Phoneman 01-19-2020 06:14 PM

My wife and I had a chance to walk through a couple Alliance RV fifth wheels at the Pittsburgh RV Show and interviewed one of the co-owners. Ryan mentioned that their market is to compete with Montana and Solitude trailers. Below is a link to the video interview with Ryan Brady of Alliance RV.

https://youtu.be/HsHxcxemx-s

mike5511 01-19-2020 10:33 PM

How good could they be? They have to compete in the market. They could build them a little better and they still wouldn't be what they ought to be.

JayC 01-20-2020 05:27 PM

HERE is a video from Traveling Robert on the new Alliance RV at the Florida Supershow.

It's a pretty good looking rig.

Garyp4951 01-22-2020 04:27 PM

Thanks for posting the video, and it looks like they have some nice floor plans, and features for that price point.

JayC 01-22-2020 04:49 PM

Yep it looks like it may be worth a look.

AtomicRT 01-23-2020 02:02 PM

I did a quick walk-through at the show and it is definitely just another Montana/Solitude competitor. Same type quality and design. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. The hype reminds me a lot of when Grand Design came out. I suspect they will have a similar path: develop a loyal following and then cash out in a sale to one of the big manufacturers.