iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   COVID-19 Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/)
-   -   This tops it! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/this-tops-it-482451.html)

TwoGrizz 03-22-2020 08:34 PM

This tops it!

Alright, enough is enough!

I just went to the corner store and all the ice cream was gone.
Someone bought everything that was in the freezer section.
There ought to be a law. :banghead:

Twomed 03-22-2020 08:41 PM

Some guy is now sitting on the john wiping with all the hoarded TP eating ice cream...what will it be next? All dry pasta gone locally here too!

Somebody has a very weird diet going on out there. :nonono: :nonono:

Brad2018 03-22-2020 08:45 PM

We walked into Walmart last Sunday to get a few things. A guy was walking out as we went in. His cart had nothing but hot dog weenies. He must have cleared the shelves.

rodekyll 03-22-2020 08:55 PM

Did you check if they were also out of Prep-H? I heard somewhere that China was cutting off the US strategic supply of hemorrhoid creme, along with boner pills and acne scrubs. I could see this as temporary emergency relief.

I went into our local store this (Sunday) evening and was disappointed at the bareness of the shelves. The guy at the cash register said that they aren't restocking the shelves over the weekend to keep staff at home more. So he figured this was as bad as it gets. Ok -- so Sunday evening isn't grocery time.

I also asked about geezer hours. He said that they would have them Monday and Wednesday, 7-8AM starting Monday (tomorrow). He said there's plenty of stock in the back and they were going to try to have full selections for the old folks who shouldn't be running from store to store looking for their Metamucil. Ok. I helped myself to the Metamucil part. He warned that they were posting signs asking folks to give us the hour, but that compliance is voluntary.

NewBlackDak 03-22-2020 08:56 PM

[Moderator Edit]
We should repeal the “price gouging” laws. That would prevent this.
Stores could also just be smarter with pricing…
1 for $5, 2 for $100, 3 for $250, 4 for $500, etc.

rodekyll 03-22-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlackDak (Post 5195789)
Every time you say “there ought to be a law”, you advocate for sending a man with a gun to enforce it via violence.

We're talking about ice cream, for the goddess's sake! Why would you NOT want to send a man with a gun to secure the nation's Ben & Jerry's supply? :nonono:

It's a fact that price gouging results in shorter lines and more people staying home. So it's a good thing.:thumb:

Or we could be like Verizon and just reduce the portions as the number of units increases.:rolleyes:

hohenwald48 03-24-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoGrizz (Post 5195757)

You should be thankful. Some kid probably opened and licked it all so he'd have something to post on Facebook anyway.

Solo_RV_Guy 03-24-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlackDak https://www.irv2.com/forums/images/i...s/viewpost.gif
Every time you say “there ought to be a law”, you advocate for sending a man with a gun to enforce it via violence.

We're talking about ice cream, for the goddess's sake! Why would you NOT want to send a man with a gun to secure the nation's Ben & Jerry's supply? :nonono:

It's a fact that price gouging results in shorter lines and more people staying home. So it's a good thing.:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodekyll (Post 5195810)
Or we could be like Verizon and just reduce the portions as the number of units increases.:rolleyes:

Bada bing, bada boom. He'll be here all week, folks! :thumb::rolleyes::D

EyezOpen 03-24-2020 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoGrizz (Post 5195757)

Well medicate...:whistling:

Itchytoe 03-24-2020 06:05 PM

lol, I like that one.

Jayco19 03-24-2020 06:29 PM

I must be living right! Haven't been to the store in over 3 weeks so really dreading to go but needing to get some tp-paper towels among a few other things. Got every bit of it! TP and all- plus 2 different kinds of ice cream.:)

twinboat 03-24-2020 06:33 PM

Had to get up at 6:30 to get to the store at 7AM, to fight off the other old folks, for a dozen eggs.
Found everything else yesterday.

astrnmrtom 03-24-2020 09:24 PM

I've enjoyed walking around the store seeing what people think they must have to survive. It's very interesting looking at the cases and shelves to see certain food items stripped bare, when right next to it, the stuff looks untouched. Things that normally even don't see a whole lot when on sale. No hotdogs to be seen in town, but plenty of brats. One thing I've learned about people in crisis is they have abandoned all the healthy and organic foods for "the bad stuff". Guess your health isn't so important when your health is important. :rofl:

What did people in Washington do when the Governor ordered everyone to stay at home on Monday? We'll Tuesday there were huge numbers of people packed shoulder to shoulder in the Costco parking lot waiting for the store to open so they could strip the shelves. :facepalm:

TXTiger 03-24-2020 09:30 PM

Scott toilet papers original advertising slogan, “It’s splinter free.”