iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   COVID-19 Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/)
-   -   This tops it! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/this-tops-it-482451.html)

TwoGrizz 03-22-2020 08:34 PM

This tops it!

Alright, enough is enough!

I just went to the corner store and all the ice cream was gone.
Someone bought everything that was in the freezer section.
There ought to be a law. :banghead:

Twomed 03-22-2020 08:41 PM

Some guy is now sitting on the john wiping with all the hoarded TP eating ice cream...what will it be next? All dry pasta gone locally here too!

Somebody has a very weird diet going on out there. :nonono: :nonono:

Brad2018 03-22-2020 08:45 PM

We walked into Walmart last Sunday to get a few things. A guy was walking out as we went in. His cart had nothing but hot dog weenies. He must have cleared the shelves.

rodekyll 03-22-2020 08:55 PM

Did you check if they were also out of Prep-H? I heard somewhere that China was cutting off the US strategic supply of hemorrhoid creme, along with boner pills and acne scrubs. I could see this as temporary emergency relief.

I went into our local store this (Sunday) evening and was disappointed at the bareness of the shelves. The guy at the cash register said that they aren't restocking the shelves over the weekend to keep staff at home more. So he figured this was as bad as it gets. Ok -- so Sunday evening isn't grocery time.

I also asked about geezer hours. He said that they would have them Monday and Wednesday, 7-8AM starting Monday (tomorrow). He said there's plenty of stock in the back and they were going to try to have full selections for the old folks who shouldn't be running from store to store looking for their Metamucil. Ok. I helped myself to the Metamucil part. He warned that they were posting signs asking folks to give us the hour, but that compliance is voluntary.

NewBlackDak 03-22-2020 08:56 PM

[Moderator Edit]
We should repeal the “price gouging” laws. That would prevent this.
Stores could also just be smarter with pricing…
1 for $5, 2 for $100, 3 for $250, 4 for $500, etc.

rodekyll 03-22-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlackDak (Post 5195789)
Every time you say “there ought to be a law”, you advocate for sending a man with a gun to enforce it via violence.

We're talking about ice cream, for the goddess's sake! Why would you NOT want to send a man with a gun to secure the nation's Ben & Jerry's supply? :nonono:

It's a fact that price gouging results in shorter lines and more people staying home. So it's a good thing.:thumb:

Or we could be like Verizon and just reduce the portions as the number of units increases.:rolleyes:

hohenwald48 03-24-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoGrizz (Post 5195757)

You should be thankful. Some kid probably opened and licked it all so he'd have something to post on Facebook anyway.

Solo_RV_Guy 03-24-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlackDak https://www.irv2.com/forums/images/i...s/viewpost.gif
Every time you say “there ought to be a law”, you advocate for sending a man with a gun to enforce it via violence.

We're talking about ice cream, for the goddess's sake! Why would you NOT want to send a man with a gun to secure the nation's Ben & Jerry's supply? :nonono:

It's a fact that price gouging results in shorter lines and more people staying home. So it's a good thing.:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodekyll (Post 5195810)
Or we could be like Verizon and just reduce the portions as the number of units increases.:rolleyes:

Bada bing, bada boom. He'll be here all week, folks! :thumb::rolleyes::D

EyezOpen 03-24-2020 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoGrizz (Post 5195757)

Well medicate...:whistling:

Itchytoe 03-24-2020 06:05 PM

lol, I like that one.

Jayco19 03-24-2020 06:29 PM

I must be living right! Haven't been to the store in over 3 weeks so really dreading to go but needing to get some tp-paper towels among a few other things. Got every bit of it! TP and all- plus 2 different kinds of ice cream.:)

twinboat 03-24-2020 06:33 PM

Had to get up at 6:30 to get to the store at 7AM, to fight off the other old folks, for a dozen eggs.
Found everything else yesterday.

astrnmrtom 03-24-2020 09:24 PM

I've enjoyed walking around the store seeing what people think they must have to survive. It's very interesting looking at the cases and shelves to see certain food items stripped bare, when right next to it, the stuff looks untouched. Things that normally even don't see a whole lot when on sale. No hotdogs to be seen in town, but plenty of brats. One thing I've learned about people in crisis is they have abandoned all the healthy and organic foods for "the bad stuff". Guess your health isn't so important when your health is important. :rofl:

What did people in Washington do when the Governor ordered everyone to stay at home on Monday? We'll Tuesday there were huge numbers of people packed shoulder to shoulder in the Costco parking lot waiting for the store to open so they could strip the shelves. :facepalm:

TXTiger 03-24-2020 09:30 PM

Scott toilet papers original advertising slogan, “It’s splinter free.”

F4Gary 03-24-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrnmrtom (Post 5198620)
I've enjoyed walking around the store seeing what people think they must have to survive. It's very interesting looking at the cases and shelves to see certain food items stripped bare, when right next to it, the stuff looks untouched. Things that normally even don't see a whole lot when on sale. No hotdogs to be seen in town, but plenty of brats. One thing I've learned about people in crisis is they have abandoned all the healthy and organic foods for "the bad stuff". Guess your health isn't so important when your health is important. :rofl:

What did people in Washington do when the Governor ordered everyone to stay at home on Monday? We'll Tuesday there were huge numbers of people packed shoulder to shoulder in the Costco parking lot waiting for the store to open so they could strip the shelves. :facepalm:

Here, it appears they are living off peanut butter, pasta, and soup.
No wonder they need TP.:eek:
Plenty of beer and wine though.:thumb:

Roadmiester 03-25-2020 08:51 AM

Can't find RV toilet paper anywhere. The virus is not causing diarrhea, how did the run on toilet paper get started? Makes no sense. Saw on Ebay that some had toilet paper up for bid. This is crazy.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV

LETMGROW 03-25-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmiester (Post 5199011)
Can't find RV toilet paper anywhere. The virus is not causing diarrhea, how did the run on toilet paper get started? Makes no sense. Saw on Ebay that some had toilet paper up for bid. This is crazy.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV

Make it yourself. Buy two ply paper, unroll the roll and separate the two plys.
Otherwise just use the standard household paper. The RV paper is a rip off anyway. You're just paying more for less because it says RV on the package.
Lynn

TeJay 03-25-2020 09:08 AM

This has not been mentioned. Many folks these days don't know how to cook for a family. Now with restaurants closed they have to shop and cook.

Before the CV what %age of them ate out at least 1 to 2 or more meals a day?? That's why shopping is crazy. Those who ate out have to shop. What is disappearing from the shelves? All the easy to fix stuff hotdogs, pizza's, cereals, pancakes, soups etc. Not much of that stuff is that great for your health but few seem to care.

LETMGROW 03-25-2020 09:15 AM

Some of the folks might know how to cook but are just to spoiled or lazy to.
This is a different society than you and I grew up in.
Lynn

NewBlackDak 03-25-2020 09:51 AM

All the stuff we buy(excluding TP and peanut butter) has been fine. Produce, dried beans, whole grains all look normal.

barmcd 03-25-2020 09:52 AM

Some of the odd things may be because their kids are home and they have to make them lunch and provide snacks.

rarebear.nm 03-25-2020 10:12 AM

Agree that some people do not knowing how to cook regular meals. There's also a portion of homes (living places) that lack much of a kitchen or storage for food. Thus they may not be able to prepare a real meal, even if they knew how.

Just prepared food for thought....

Xmcdog 03-25-2020 10:23 AM

:whistling:Sure separates the ones who know how to live and the existers

HighDesert 03-25-2020 10:24 AM

We are seeing crazy stuff here too, in Oregon. I was in Safeway first is last week and some little old lady is such a cart filled 1/2 with hamburger and the rest with other assorted cuts. Chicken and eggs are seeing a run too. To my knowledge, there is no shortage of cows and chickens so what is the run on these all about. Then you have the hoarder mentality to deal with and the people who want to fight over the last 3 dozen eggs when you only want a dozen. We eat primarily organic and my wife has Celia disease so that knocks off the gluten products (BTW, the bread wall, entire wall, was empty) so we have a bit of an easier time finding foods, but pay a lot more for it. Stay tuned, as it is going to get worse before better.

EyezOpen 03-25-2020 11:16 AM

Portland Oregon seems to be the destination city for those who can fit into society across this country. I have lived here for 30 yrs not to much of anything surprises me anymore. Think about a city who proudly states "Keep Portland Weird" and it can be really weird at times.

Itchytoe 03-25-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighDesert (Post 5199128)
Chicken and eggs are seeing a run too. To my knowledge, there is no shortage of cows and chickens so what is the run on these all about. Then you have the hoarder mentality to deal with and the people who want to fight over the last 3 dozen eggs when you only want a dozen.

Whoa whoa whoa!! Eggs are getting hard to find? That's bad. It means more people will figure out that duck eggs are 10 times better than chicken eggs. They are usually available at the end of March until the fall. I'm already looking for a place around Hot Springs to get some duck eggs, but I might have a hard time finding them if everyone else is also looking for them. That is bad news indeed.

I mean, wait, no, duck eggs aren't good. They are nasty! Don't buy duck eggs.

twinboat 03-25-2020 07:56 PM

It took me 5 stores with none and then getting up at 6AM, to fight off the other seniors, to get a dozen eggs.

This morning the DW, who is a bit to young for senior hours, dropped 2 of them. Arghhhh.

They did have quail eggs, how do they taste ?

Itchytoe 03-25-2020 09:42 PM

Quail eggs are good, but are a bit more "Earthy" tasting than chicken eggs IMO. They're also pretty darn small, so you'd need like, a dozen for an omelet. They are more of a specialty item than a cooking staple for me. Duck eggs on the other hand can be used exactly like chicken eggs and are basically the same size. Maybe a hair bigger. Try your local farmer's market for eggs. Even if they only have chicken eggs, it'll be better eggs.