iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toads and Motorhome Related Towing (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   Flat towing (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/flat-towing-485197.html)

vsheetz 04-18-2020 04:51 AM

Any of the main brands of tow equipment will do a good job. Blue Ox, Demco, etc.

What braking system are they including? This can vary the pricing quite a bit.

Lighting included?

Installer very experienced?

onechaddude 04-18-2020 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20someday (Post 5229004)
Hello all. After many pull behind trailers we have purchased our first pre-owned motorhome. We purchase a 2020 jeep cherokee trailhawk to flat tow behind it. Has anyone used ' Demco' towing products ? the estimate was $5200.00 from a local RV dealer. Seems a little spendy !!

I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee overland we've had for almost 2 years now. I have all Demco equipment on it with an Air Force 1 brake system. Works great. Always used Roadmaster stuff for many years and no troubles but when we got the Cherokee only Demco had the brackets as it was a new model. So far I've been impressed with the Demco stuff. Any specific questions I'll be glad to try to help.

Chad

Charles L 04-18-2020 07:19 AM

Price will vary and in my case few choices for install. I paid near $4200.00 for Roadmaster base plate, removable arms and cross bar, Sterling tow bar, Invisabrake, all wiring and setup. They did an outstanding job so far as I can tell. This was on a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. A good installer would be my biggest concern.

20someday 04-18-2020 11:31 AM

Flat towing

Thank you all so much! The issue I'm having now is getting the job done. Hitch shops and RV dealers have limited help and limited hours. One shop won't answer the phones anymore. It took 6 hours to purchase our 2020 jeep trailhawk! We had to prove a real need to purchase a vehicle !! We also sold our Arctic fox 26 t trailer, sold our townhouse and purchased our 1st motor home. A 2015 Allegro by Tiffin 36la. So far we wonder why we waited. We leave the Seattle area May 1st. We have 16 days to get to a 1 month stay in a KOA in western PA.There is so much more I could tell you about doing all this during these times! Let's save it for a good campfire story!

RUFINIT 04-21-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20someday (Post 5229406)
Thank you all so much! The issue I'm having now is getting the job done. Hitch shops and RV dealers have limited help and limited hours. One shop won't answer the phones anymore. It took 6 hours to purchase our 2020 jeep trailhawk! We had to prove a real need to purchase a vehicle !! We also sold our Arctic fox 26 t trailer, sold our townhouse and purchased our 1st motor home. A 2015 Allegro by Tiffin 36la. So far we wonder why we waited. We leave the Seattle area May 1st. We have 16 days to get to a 1 month stay in a KOA in western PA.There is so much more I could tell you about doing all this during these times! Let's save it for a good campfire story!

I have used Todd in Portland, OR for my last two tow set ups. He is the best. He has been doing this kind of work for 30 years. He used to work at Roadmaster. Has his own shop not far from the Portland airport off of 205. It is worth the 3 hour drive to his place from Seattle to get the work done right and at a fair price. He has a really sharp guy working with him. Here is his info if you want to call him: Todd's Auto and RV. 503.936.0946. Tiffany will take your call. toddsautorv@gmail.com. Tell them Joe in Seattle referred you. They will take care of you I am sure.