iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Gear and Product Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Indoor / outdoor thermometers (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/indoor-outdoor-thermometers-489319.html)

Suprz 05-22-2020 02:22 PM

Indoor / outdoor thermometers
 
I'm just wondering where folks put the outdoor temp sensor? I figure I could put it in a storage bag, but that would not be the best for accuracy

Unicorn Driver 05-22-2020 02:23 PM

I put ours in the water bay.

450Donn 05-22-2020 02:27 PM

We hung ours from the awning arm.

Isaac-1 05-22-2020 03:20 PM

Mine is zip tied to the trailer hitch tubing.

grindstone01 05-22-2020 03:31 PM

Our remote is zip tied to the gas line under the trailer alongside the frame.

Waiter21 05-22-2020 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've tried several locations, I finally settled on the propane tank compartment. Its not exposed to the sunlight and has fresh air flowing all the time. It reads a little high when were traveling due to hot air passing under the vehicle, but reads solid when stopped and parked.

I have the sensor feeding my new ECC controller.

Unicorn Driver 05-22-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver (Post 5273748)
I put ours in the water bay.

We have 2 (1 in the bedroom). I just moved the living room one to the propane bay.

grindstone01 05-22-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiter21 (Post 5274014)
I've tried several locations, I finally settled on the propane tank compartment. Its not exposed to the sunlight and has fresh air flowing all the time. It reads a little high when were traveling due to hot air passing under the vehicle, but reads solid when stopped and parked.

I have the sensor feeding my new ECC controller.


I found that the propane tanks have a heat sink/mass to them and that will affect the temp readouts during cold/warm fronts or quick temperature changes. Just put your hand on the propane tank and it usually feels colder than the outside air temp.

deandec 05-22-2020 09:26 PM

We put ours in the propane bay, but not on the tank. :cool:

Captain Morgan 05-24-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandec (Post 5274215)
We put ours in the propane bay, but not on the tank. :cool:

After testing several locations, the propane bay seems to be the most accurate on our rig as well.

TXiceman 05-24-2020 09:30 AM

Ours is hanging from the back of the pinbox where it stays shaded and dry.

Ken

traveldawg 05-26-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXiceman (Post 5275785)
Ours is hanging from the back of the pinbox where it stays shaded and dry.

Ken

I hang mine on the back of the pin box too. I keep it in the basement while traveling; it is part of site set-up. I figure it's in the shade but still open to the air/wind/whatever effect the temp.

SLOweather 05-26-2020 07:49 PM

Behind the front license plate.

bddadles 05-28-2020 11:53 AM

We hang it from one of our plant stands.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.