iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Log in headaches (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/log-in-headaches-49371.html)

wagonmaster2 03-11-2009 07:33 PM

Every time I've gone to log-in the last 3 days it takes from 3-5 times before I'm recognized. Use the same name, same password but have to just keep doing it. Also, why do I have to do this each time I enter the system, I didn't have to in the old program? And I click "remember me" each time I try to log-in.

Wagonmaster2

Roam America 03-11-2009 07:56 PM

try clearing your cookies and try again.

BigSkyBob 03-11-2009 08:30 PM

Don't log out, just close the site.

wagonmaster2 03-11-2009 09:30 PM

I thought that's what I did last night, just closed the forum. I never log off on any of the Forums since I know I'm going to be back soon. But today I had to log back in so I could post in the Forum.

Wagonmaster2

P.S. What's a cookie and how do I clear them, and from where do I clear them. Kind of an illiterate computer operator aren't I?

Roam America 03-12-2009 10:59 AM

A cookie is a piece of data that web sites put onto your PC that let's that site know when the last time you were on that site, among some other things. This is how the site recognizes you wihtout signing in every time and what topics have new posts since you last visited.

If you are using Internet Explorer v.7 go to the IE toolbar and click on TOOLS, THEN Internet Options. On the General Tab there is a section called Browsing History. In that section click on the DELETE button. You will then get a screen with different sections, one of them titled COOKIES. In that section click on the DELETE button. It will ask you if you are sure. Click on YES. It will take a few seconds to complete.

IE v6 is a little easier. Select Tools, then Internet Opiton then click on DELETE COOKIES and then ALL OFFLINE CONTENT.

If you re not using Internet Explorer, or if this does not work, go to the CONTACT US on the top line of the web page and oprn a trouble ticket.

Nonno 03-12-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

"remember me"
Doesn't work for me on this website but does on some others. Is it my setting problem or something to do with the website?

TXiceman 03-12-2009 02:00 PM

If you are using IE, try switching to Mozilla Fire Fox. It is a free download and I find it much better than IE. Cleaner and faster. It will pull most of your settings from your current IE during the set up.

FIRE FOX LINK

Ken

JSW 03-12-2009 05:14 PM

This new sysem does not work well. I cannot follow a thread without being dumped back to the "forums have changed site." It is very frustrating.

TXiceman 03-12-2009 06:29 PM

JSW, it has to be a problem with the set up on your computer. Tell us about your operating system, browser version, etc.

Ken

JSW 03-12-2009 07:00 PM

No, my computer nor my operating systems have not changed, it's just the behavior of this site that has changed.

TXiceman 03-12-2009 07:26 PM

JSW, if the OS or browser are not up to date with current patches, you may experience problems on sites with newer software. Your current set may have worked fine with the older software, but may need some adjustments in the settings with the newer forums.

What version OS and Browser are you using? We will try to help, but we need some information.

Ken

Rick Long 03-15-2009 09:09 PM

Just got home and tried to log into the forums on my desk top computer... it says it's the wrong login and password... YET I'm HERE on my LAP TOP using the SAME LOGIN and PASSWORD!!!!!

MonacoMama 03-15-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Long (Post 481304)
Just got home and tried to log into the forums on my desk top computer... it says it's the wrong login and password... YET I'm HERE on my LAP TOP using the SAME LOGIN and PASSWORD!!!!!

Rick.. Could your cap-locks be on? Then again... I have not read anywhere about being logged on at the same time from different computers...:confused: Maybe that is not possible..I will have to do some research.

MM

NLOVNIT 03-15-2009 09:20 PM

Although I don't know the answer to your question, Rick, I do know you can be logged in at the same time from different computers. Dave's on his desktop at the same time I'm on my laptop, both under the same log in.

Lori-