iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Travel Trailer Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Tow Weight Question (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/tow-weight-question-496911.html)

TIME2CAMP 07-16-2020 08:26 AM

So much of this goes beyond the math though. You are smart to stay under 3500 though. What sort of distances, terrain will you be driving? How long will you be camping?
If you think you will end up with a bigger trailer, just go for it and get a bigger TV. In the end buying a trailer then selling it and the TV to buy a completely different rig will cost more than just going for it now. But the wife and bank account need to agree on this. Every one is right about the wet bath, had one and the wife hated it. If you two aren't comfortable sleeping, cooking, going potty and showering camping trips will suffer. We spent 3 weeks in a 19 foot trailer and were amazed how well it worked out.

Persistent 07-16-2020 08:30 AM

I think they are good choices for your tow vehicle. You will probably find the Casita tows easier. There will be less wind resistance.

For future reference, you should pay more attention to the MGVW (Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight) of the trailer. You will likely never tow as low as the "dry weight". I think you are fine with the Casita. Even adding 1000 pounds of water and gear will leave you in a good position.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!:dance:

bneukam 07-16-2020 11:48 AM

Personally, I find the Casitas a little on the gross side with all the carpet.
The E Pro, and No boundaries will definitely take a lot of sales away from the R-Pod as the curve restricts upper storage, and overall floor plan usage.
We have a 20, living space trailer, 23 overall. Just spent two weeks in it, and was really enjoyable. Big enough, but not too big. We love remote camp sites, very peaceful. No TV, no cell service, and after a few days you feel like a whole new person.

MikeLucky 07-17-2020 08:57 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about the "logistics" of being in the new camper together. Although we're coming from a T@G, so any of the options will feel like a cavern for us. lol.

I'm considering renting a TT that would be similar weight for a trip to kind of get a feel for towing and for us being in it. We've sold the T@G so we're at a point where we can start seriously looking for our new digs.

Jay D. 07-17-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLucky (Post 5352204)
Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about the "logistics" of being in the new camper together. Although we're coming from a T@G, so any of the options will feel like a cavern for us. lol.

I'm considering renting a TT that would be similar weight for a trip to kind of get a feel for towing and for us being in it. We've sold the T@G so we're at a point where we can start seriously looking for our new digs.

EXCILLENT IDEA have fun.
Jay D.

09 harley 08-06-2020 09:28 PM

Buy a 3/4 ton crew cab truck.