iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class B Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/)
-   -   B+ what are the better brands (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/b-what-are-the-better-brands-500447.html)

studmuffin1 08-04-2020 02:58 PM

B+ what are the better brands

:confused:WE have looked at/for Phoenix and Nexus. What other B+ units should we look at. We are down sizing and want a higher end B+. Help. The Muffin Man.

oceanpines 08-04-2020 07:23 PM

Look at coach house rv

Super high quality

MWeiner 08-04-2020 11:13 PM

No such thing as a Class B+...

Quote:

Originally Posted by studmuffin1 (Post 5381425)
:confused:WE have looked at/for Phoenix and Nexus. What other B+ units should we look at. We are down sizing and want a higher end B+. Help. The Muffin Man.

OK, they really don't exist, whatever you purchase will be registered as a Class C.... but, I know what you're asking....

If money is not a huge issue, look at Leisure Travel....the Unity is really nice.

If you can, try and get a 3 to 5 years old model. It will save you a lot of money..... all of them depreciate faster than you can imagine.

Whatever you do..... don't finance anything on 20 years.....it will wind up costing you double the purchase price.

n-e-d 08-05-2020 03:08 AM

Post the same question in the C forum specifying a small one also do a search in both B and C forums there's been a ton of discussion on quality MHs :thumb:

MWeiner 08-05-2020 10:25 AM

Oh, you don't think Leisure Travel is a quality unit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n-e-d (Post 5382081)
Post the same question in the C forum specifying a small one also do a search in both B and C forums there's been a ton of discussion on quality MHs :thumb:

Hmm,. that's all you have to say....post somewhere else?

Jlo11111 08-05-2020 10:46 AM

Leisure Travel and Pleasure Way make the best B+

cowboy70 08-05-2020 04:28 PM

B+

We are looking at class B+ also. I feel Coach House is at the top of the list. Family owned and run - factory direct.

Just my opinion.

n-e-d 08-05-2020 04:57 PM

So B+ is a thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWeiner (Post 5382570)
Hmm,. that's all you have to say....post somewhere else?

:sorrysign: Just suggesting OP look to the C forum for better info on small c without overhang(really a B+):D

MWeiner 08-05-2020 05:06 PM

No, it's not a "thing", unless you are a marketing executive

Quote:

Originally Posted by n-e-d (Post 5383108)
:sorrysign: Just suggesting OP look to the C forum for better info on small c without overhang(really a B+):D

Sorry to disabuse you of this notion, but, there's absolutely no vehicle registration for a Class B +....it just doesn't exist.

The Department of Motor Vehicles only has Class A, B and C.....

Stop telling people that there's a classification of this in the motor vehicles...it just confuses people...

When they purchase a vehicle that is marketed as a Class B+....it will be registered as a Class C... that's all there is to it.

This article below online explains the different classes of RV's, notice that Class B + is not mentioned....

A Class B + is simply a very small Class C... nothing wrong with Class C's...we looked at them and almost purchased one.

https://koa.com/blog/rv-classes-guide/

n-e-d 08-06-2020 03:01 AM

Please not again...

We've had this argument again and again:horse3:
If the OP were to register his B+ in the great state of California it would (according to Mr. MWeiner) be labeled a Class C on the registration, however if he were to register in Massachusetts it wouldn't. It would be an Auto House with "Camper" embossed license plates. The same as any MH be they A,B,"B+" or C. I believe Florida(the OP's home) is similar in some points.

The RVIA recognizes 3 classes of MH- A,B,and C no B+. However it is now part of the RVing lexicon beyond being a marketing phrase. As you acknowledged in post#3.We all know what a B+ is so why ignore it?:D

JCM 08-06-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlo11111 (Post 5382604)
Leisure Travel and Pleasure Way make the best B+

I just received my 2020 Leisure travel van Wonder RTB. This is my 4th triple E motorhome (3 class as and now a B+ or Small C since 2003). It had a few cupboards that didn't close properly (just adjusted the door locks) and a slide out drawer that was sticky (filed down ) and a few other small problems. Every time I emailed the company for help, I received a return helpful email within 1/2 a day.
I have one persistent problem - getting the tv remote to work with the sound bar (not a major problem).
I highly recommend Triple Products since I have spent close to $1,000,000 in the last 20 years and have crawled through many rv's at rv shows in Arizona and California when Snow birding. A great product.

Elwood58 08-06-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n-e-d (Post 5382081)

Telling someone to post the same question in another area is a no no. They can ask a moderator to move it.

n-e-d 08-07-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elwood58 (Post 5384729)
Telling someone to post the same question in another area is a no no. They can ask a moderator to move it.

:angel: Just thought I was being helpful in directing the OP to a suitable forum:D

paddykern 08-08-2020 05:50 AM

We bought a Pleasure-Way XLMB and have been very happy with the build quality. Three years and 24,000 miles and no Pleasure-Way issues. Very few problems with the installed accessories but that is not a Pleasure-way issue. Our MH is on the 3500 MB Sprinter cutaway and have had no issues with it at all. Drives like a dream.

Suggest finding the interior plan that you like the best of the major brands and go with it. We preferred the XLMB because of no slides and Murphy bed makes the inside seem huge when stowed. The Murphy bed can keep all the bedding and pillows on when stowing away and and only take a minute to deploy when time to sleep.

The B+ C argument. When I was researching buying a B I came along a B+ and decided that was what I wanted. Searching for a class B+ got me to all the manufacturers I was looking for. So B+ classification helps to narrow an internet search down to the small, no overhang class C's I wanted to look at. Yes I know it is really a class C.