iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   '04 Endeavor, Warning Beeper/Buzzer - location? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/04-endeavor-warning-beeper-buzzer-location-500551.html)

ckspeed 08-05-2020 09:43 AM

'04 Endeavor, Warning Beeper/Buzzer - location?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know where this little gem is supposed to reside and exactly what it's warnings include?

I found it in one of the cabinets and suspect the PO removed it due to annoyance.

I have no warning lights on and all systems are working good, with the exception of the jacks down red light on the touchpad, dash light and audible warning (non of which work apparently).

Consequently, I also don't have an audible for low air or anything else that I suspect I should have.:nonono:

windsorbill 08-05-2020 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine looks like this and it's under the front dash.Attachment 295973

You're looks different so not sure if you can get replacements if necessary. I haven't been able to find a replacement for mine, but a common failure is the little speaker inside the unit, which is repairable.

ckspeed 08-05-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsorbill (Post 5382470)

You're looks different so not sure if you can get replacements if necessary. I haven't been able to find a replacement for mine, but a common failure is the little speaker inside the unit, which is repairable.

My dash annunciators are working okay, I assume your box controls both possibly? Where is yours located?

Robert T 08-08-2020 07:53 PM

Buzzer

My 04 Endeavor I disconnecte the buzzer. While driving in wet weather there was a low beeping coming under the left side of the dash near the wall. The more in rain the louder it got.

I was able to find the cause, Dirty and or loose connectors . I had to clean all the connectors on the alternator, temp sending unit, oil preasure sending unit, fuel tank sending unit, the air tank sending units, the parking brake sending unit and the over flow tank sending unit. All was good. Three years later it stared again so I just removed the buzzer.

96Bounder1st 08-08-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckspeed (Post 5382406)
Anyone know where this little gem is supposed to reside and exactly what it's warnings include?

I found it in one of the cabinets and suspect the PO removed it due to annoyance.

I have no warning lights on and all systems are working good, with the exception of the jacks down red light on the touchpad, dash light and audible warning (non of which work apparently).

Consequently, I also don't have an audible for low air or anything else that I suspect I should have.:nonono:

That does look like my 2002 Windsor warning beeper/ buzzer. Mine is very buried in the back of the dash when I had to get at it one day.

Terry

ckspeed 08-15-2020 10:08 PM

Quick update on this, found the mating connector behind the dash, hidden behind and just above the steering column cover. Can't tell where it was originally mounted but found a new home for it on the "firewall" just above the left foot well and screwed it to the wood with short screws to ensure they didn't go all the way through. Nice serviceable location.

This speaker is for (from what I can tell for certain, so far) the low air alert, antenna up alert, parking brake alert, and jacks down alert. Nice to have them all working again!

Also, found the problem with the jacks down light not workin, bad float switch in the jacks hydraulic reservoir.