iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Rig Show-Off! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   New To Us Rig! Back in the RV Saddle! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/new-to-us-rig-back-in-the-rv-saddle-505835.html)

JollyCamper 09-08-2020 02:44 PM

New To Us Rig! Back in the RV Saddle!

9 Attachment(s)
So after a catastrophic engine failure last Labor Day in our vintage Class C, DW and I had decided earlier in the summer it was time to look into another RV. We were looking for a bunkhouse floor plan (3 Kids), and something we could pull with my F150. If any of you have looked into that market, it has exploded since March. We got to figuring what we would spend on a 10-15 year old bumper pull that would not be much fun to pull with my current pickup, and were not pleased. I have an uncle who had been talking about selling his pickup and fifth wheel in the past, so we got in touch and were able to make a deal to purchase his entire rig. By the time we figure what it was going to cost for a half ton towable plus what we get out of selling my pickup, we are not out but a couple thousand dollars more, and we have a major upgrade in pickup and trailer! Now another point to this, I really have a justified need for a 3/4 pickup, so it wasn't a problem buying one to use all the time. So, enough blabber, details and pics!

The pickup is a 2002 F250, 7.3 diesel. It had 96K miles on it when it arrived at our place.

The trailer is a 2005 Ameri-Camp 300BHS. They bought it brand new. It has full perimeter aluminum framing, a bunk ROOM (as in completely closes into its own room) in the back, and it fits our needs perfectly! We are super excited and ready to start adventuring in our new rig this fall!

MSHappyCampers 09-08-2020 05:15 PM

Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! :dance:

Congrats on the beautiful new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

momdoc 09-08-2020 08:36 PM

Congrats on a good looking set up. Enjoy many safe travels with it.

TonyDi 09-08-2020 09:56 PM

I see many happy miles ahead for you. Best of luck with it.

IMXCITD 09-09-2020 06:08 AM

Great score! Sounds like both will fit your needs and you know the history. I can't speak to the trailer..although it looks clean and nice....but the truck will be great! It is a beast and will last you a life time. Congrats! :thumb:

JollyCamper 09-10-2020 07:52 PM

The DW definitely plans on the tow rig lasting me a lifetime! We are headed out on our first overnight jaunt tomorrow, so after the weekend we will know more about what changes we may want to make in the future.

allenb12 09-11-2020 04:12 PM

Very nice.

grantmnc 09-11-2020 04:59 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Drive the wheels off them (not literally). Enjoy the family time together.

JollyCamper 09-15-2020 08:53 PM

The full rig survived our first outing with flying colors! One of the nice things about buying a complete rig combination is the lack of surprises. I knew going in that the truck had towed that trailer thousands of miles...in fact the trailer has only been towed by that pickup. It was a very pleasurable experience!